My final Stargate gun

ColDaz

Hi,

This is not so much a 'wot am bestest' thread as it is which would look cooler and fit better with current seasons of the shows, so don't nag.

As you may know, I have several Stargate loadouts that include my SG-1 loadout (P90RD with Beretta M92FS), my Atlantis guard loadout (M4A1 with various sidearms), and my soon to be completed Atlantis Marine loadout (P90TR and Glock 18C).

I also have my Resident Evil stylee loadout finished to my satisfaction (pretty much just an Umbrella Magnum and a Beretta).

I would love to get another SG-1 loadout finished before the VCR comes into effect, however.

I could go several ways with this, but I can't afford too much, so have to pick just one of the following:

- G36C - such as Mitchell has been carrying, but shorter. I prefer the carbine, and I could also use this for my Resi Evil loadout. Also seen on Atlantis.

- MP5 - such as used in the earlier seasons of predominantly, and occasionally in the later seasons. I would like one of these for nostalgic value, and also because it seems a decent weapon.

- MP7 - started to be used by SG-1, and I just love the thing.

- SPAS12 - for the ''Oh noes, Replicators!'' look.

I'm getting an M249 for my 18th, as I certainly wouldn't be able to afford that on it's own.

I'm not too fussed about opinions on how these guns perform or the price. I am simply interested in which would be the better choice to fit in with the current seasons of both Stargate shows.

So, ideas anyone?

Yeah, I have to say that the Spas-12 would definitely be cool. Heck, now I'm tempted to pick one up. In fact, the reason I picked up my Utg Mp5 was so I could do a SG1 type loadout. Not to hijack the thread, but does anybody know which lighted foregrip will work with the UTG mp5? I am trying to get it a little closer to the look of the show, and I could use a bit of help.

I think I can scratch the G36 off the list.

They alternatively captivate me or repel me.

I'm tempted to just get both a SPAS 12 and either an MP7 or MP5 (I have a £100 bonus coming this month, which was going on my girlfriends birthday, but meh).

So now I have to decide between an MP5A5 and an MP7.

I can do more with an MP5, but the MP7s look so much more sexy.

Also more up to date.

Oh well, thanks for the help.

So now I have to decide between an MP5A5 and an MP7.

I can do more with an MP5, but the MP7s look so much more sexy.

Also more up to date.

Oh well, thanks for the help.

MP7.........................as you say, much sexier, and there's always the fact that I am an avid MP5 hater ;)

- G36C - such as Mitchell has been carrying, but shorter. I prefer the carbine, and I could also use this for my Resi Evil loadout. Also seen on Atlantis.

Ok, Gotta get this out of my system. The G36C is the shortest version it comes in. the C is the compact version, the K is the carbine and the G36 is the full sized version.

Oh and in the eppisode where the replicators get into SGC most people are using the USAS-12 but Hammond has a SPAS

- MP7 - started to be used by SG-1, and I just love the thing.

AFAIK the MP7 was just used for 1 Episode in Season 9 (Episode 9x16 "Off the grid"), haven't seen yet the episode from last week, but what I saw on screenshoots for the last 4 episodes of this season Daniel, Sam and Teal'c switched back to the P90, but Mitchell continues to use the G36 (K or C? I don't know). It also seams that the SG-Marine Units changed to the G36 (as seen on episode Stronghold) ...

Didn't saw the Marui MP7 IRL, but as far as my teammates told me - it's a very fine piece :)

Still, it's been used on the show, so is allowed in an SG-1 loadout.

Rapier: I know he uses a longer version, hence "such as Mitchell has been carrying, but shorter''. ;)

I don't think a K would be for me though. Too damn ugly.

I think I'll stick with an MP7 anyway.

Now admittedly I don't know the specifics of the VCRB so I may be off base here (and if I am just ignore me by all means) but it seems to me that if you have G36 money to spend then getting an Mp7 and a UTG MP5 might not be a bad option. It's two for one really. The UTG MP5 is like buying a license to build a better MP5 later. It's almost identical to the TM externally and it can perform well if you put $30 or so in parts and a bit of work into it, but it can also be the base for a custom full metal MP5. Heck, you could systematically replace every part until it was essentially a CA MP5 equivalent. You could even get different front sets so you could have both normal and SD versions. You wouldn't be making a new gun, you'd just be replacing parts on an existing one (just don't build another one out of the leftover parts lest you get in trouble for that somehow).

In simple terms buying this cheap MP5 now ensures you can build and have a nice custom one later after the VCRB is in effect. Again, I don't know the details of the law but this seems like a viable option based on what I know. And the more guns you can get before the cut-off the better right?

Archived