HSGI Weesatch vs. Eagle PlateCarrier w/ Cummerbund

LoneWolf

Which rig?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which rig?

• HSGI Weesatch
    • Eagle PlateCarrier w/ Cummerbund

After eliminating lot's of rigs from my list (CRCH, DOAV, RACK etc) I've narrowed it down to these two.

My loadout will consist of 12 M4A1 mags when finished. My 4pistol mags are on my first-line. Since the Weesatch carries only 8mags reliably, I would have a excuse to use my drop-leg platform for other 4.

For the Eagle PC, I would have to buy 5 BHI STRIKE pouches, with the Weesatch, I'm set.

Eagle 0:1 Weesatch

With the Eagle PC, I would be able to mount my RolyPolly under my left arm and my Emdom UtiliShingle under my right arm. With the Weesatch, I would have to mount the RolyPolly on my belt, and scrap the Emdom UtiliShingle, or replace it with a GP pouch and mount it upfront.

Eagle 1:0 Weesatch

The Eagle PC, I would have to get from the US of A, which means taxes and messing around with customs. The Weesatch I could get localy for 180Euro with shipping within 2days.

The Weesatch has a integrated hydration bladder carrier, with the Eagle, I would have to spend $35 on a carrier, which also means more tax.

The Weesatch looks more well ventilated.

The Eagle looks cooler to me.

Eagle 1:0 Weesatch

Total:

Eagle 2:4 Weesatch

But, since I have never wore or used any of these all could change. Which one is more comfy? I remember reading somewhere that the Weesatch had problems with balance (the front or rear would pull down the opposite part)

Help me out guys :)

Oh, and I'm 43" in the chest, and 35" in the waist, 6'1".

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

EAGLE PLATE CARRIER W/ CUMMERBUND FTW!!!!!!!!

I'm getting one from http://www.optactical.com/ based in Raliegh, North Carolina.

They've got EVERYTHING I need for my 5th SFG loadoud at good prices.

Here mate: http://www.optactical.com/eainplcawicu.html

Of course it's MOLLE compatable. It looks very comfortable and holds hard plates and soft armour. As far as measurements go you should be fine; I'm about those same ones myself. My geardo guru HaVoC approves of it, so it must be top stuff.

You could probably get away with carrying more mags and kit on it too, so the only drop-leg pouch you'd need would be a mag dump pouch.

However given your current situation, the Weesatch may be just as good.

So I'm going to have to reccomend to you the Weesatch because it comes with stuff standard that you'd have to buy for the EI vest (like I'm going to.)

That's a shame; I just can't wait for mine :( If only you didn't have to go through customs mess, I'd say the Eagle; but I'd rather not put you through that.

Cheers and good luck,

Matt

Thanks! I placed a order with Catherine at OPTac for some other gear, and I'm waiting for the stuff to clear customs now.

I might go with the Eagle PC-W/C since I've been toying with the idea for a long, long time.

I'm gonna use either a beltmounted or chest mounted Maxpedition RolyPolly, since in drop-leg dump-pouches, the mags rattle around like crazy when I run.

Cheers,

Mike

I have a HSGI weesatch and I have a HSGI 4 mag pouch mounted on it and that works well for me. The front of the vest pulls on the back up, getting the front to drag some. But if you have plates in it and a hydration carrier on the back it will not be that bad.

But one of my mates have a Eagle Crias, and I must say of the two I would go for the Eagle if you have the 500$++ that you must spend on it!

Just my 5 cent.

I'd go for the Weesatch, but I have to admit the eagle PC looks really good.

The 'satch definity needs the camelbak in back plate carrier though, I find the front sags quite a bit without any weight back there.

I'd be tempted to buy the Eagle PC myself accept I would think that it would get really hot wearing it during the summer.

Also to carry the extra four mags you could use 4 of the TT Shingles and just put them on the front, and have your various utility pouches to the sides.

I'm gonna use either a beltmounted or chest mounted Maxpedition RolyPolly, since in drop-leg dump-pouches, the mags rattle around like crazy when I run.

Cheers,

Mike

Please good sir, do tell me more of this! I've never heard of this method before, and if you say this rolyPolly kit would solve a problem I may encounter with the dump pouch I was about to buy, I'm all ears! :) (A bit off-topic. 'Tis okay if you PM me.)

Could you do me a favour and link us to the Weesatch so we could further evualuate the two? Thanks.

Cheers!

Matt

Here is the link to the High Speed Gear Inc. (HSGI) WeeSatch.

And HERE is a link to the Maxpedition RolyPolly (at the very bottom of the page) The RolyPolly comes in three sizes, small (perfect for a Nalgene bottle), medium (the one I have, fit's 7 M4 mags) and large (big enough for a whole chicken). The login & password to the pictures is "mm"

I use my medium RolyPolly to dump spent rifle/pistol mags, and I also use the large RolyPolly (which is attached onto my backpack) to store my coat (roll the coat up, deploy toe RolyPolly and you're set :D)

The mags do not flap around inside of it when you mount it on you're belt or on you're vest, which keeps it all silent, waaay better than a leg mounted subload.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM or MSN me.

Cheers,

Mike

After looking at the HSGI Weesatch in the link you provided me (thanks mate, +1 :) ) I'd say go for it; it's convinced me into wanting a Wasatch on top of me armour. Looks very teh sekx...And it's got mag pouches included. Enough for me that I don't need to buy any more now; just need some extra kits and pouches to put on it now :) Definately going with a rollypolly sub-load.

Conclusion: Weesatch = No customs + lots of kit included standard. Go for it mate, I am :D

Cheers!

Matt

i have an eagle plate carrier w/ cumberbund and now i want a wasatch. if you are goin to LCV ill bring both of them, though ill probly be wearing the wasatch.

both of mine are in multicam, i personally think the eagle PC sits a little high on my torso, but then im an ogre.

is there any reason your going with the weesatch over the wasatch, aside from it being smaller?

oh and to the comment of needing a CB in the back of the satch, just get a hydro pouch, tact tailor makes them in MC now(if your interested).

if u have any questions about MC productes just ask, i have a HUGE ammount of it, and not just crye. i use it when i go out shooting my bushmaster m4 in the desert.

one last thing, i let a buddy use my eagle plate carrier last weekened at seans game(monterey ca) so if u saw a commie running around with it on, it was mine.

I have used both a wasatch and the PPM TCV which is a similar plate carrier. I have to say that I prefer the plate carriers with cumberbund because they fit more snuggly. I found with the wasatch, sagging from it being front heavy (even with a hydration back in the back) as well as slight sideways rotation made the wasatch a little too loose for my liking.

~Tyler

• 2 weeks later...

I own a Weesatch and I also had a problem with the front of the rig sagging. Especially with 2 full M249 box mags attached. The locals I run with recommended this and it solved that problem:

http://www.skdtac.com/item.asp?ItemID=SKD7...CategoryNum=163

The shoulder straps that come with the Weesatch will slowly pull free from the buckles. These improved shoulder straps use velcro to prevent this. Also highly recommended are these:

http://www.skdtac.com/item.asp?ItemID=SKD6...CategoryNum=163

I'm not sure why these two items aren't included in the first place. I also agree that you'll need replica sapi plates to make the rig more comfortable. You don't "need" an external hydration pouch as the back section of the Weesatch has a divider to separate both the bladder and the plates. Most owners I've seen use the external pouch anyways though. Take these extra items into account when comparing the price against other rigs. You can put enough gear on these to break an average spine.

Archived