UK Biohazard Op

Ghost_Rider

Ok, so heres the deal.

The idea of running an Operation:Biohazard ( http://www.operationbiohazard.com ) game appeals to me, and I know it appeals to some of you guys as players.

However, organising it is a LOT of effort, and I want to be sure of a turnout before I throw my energy into it.

So, for the sake of argument, if there was an offical 'Biohazard' zombie/Resident evil/horror game organised, would you attend, bearing in mind the following.

1) For ease of organisation, the first Op will most likely be held at a site local to me - this means Glasgow/Edinburgh area. If this is a success, we may try other sites.

2) The first op will be gas pistols only. To prevent any misunderstanding, that means NO AEP, and NO gas SMG's (mac 11, Maruzen mp5k etc etc)

3) This will be a one day op, probably using the following timetable.

1000hrs: Arrival, sign-in/register and chrono

1130hrs: Briefing on rules and mission

1200hrs: Insertion into field

1215hrs: OPERATION: BIOHAZARD begins

1430hrs: Lunch Break

1530hrs: OPERATION: BIOHAZARD resumes

1700hrs: OPERATION: BIOHAZARD concludes

1715hrs: Debriefing

4) It will probably be held mid november 2006 due to my commitments to working overseas (I am DJ-ing out in Greece till october).

5) Event cost will be in the £30/40 area, however gas and bb's will be provided.

Bearing the above in mind.....who's up for it? I'd want AT LEAST a thirty people turnout otherwise it's not worth bothering.....

I'll come if I can get transport up there. One thing, why no AEPs? If you do not allow hi-caps then they are no better than an automatic GBB. However since I am getting an NBB I'd come anyway, even if AEPs wern't allowed.

A level playing field.

AEP users have the advantage of not running out of gas - they only have to reload, whereas a GBB user has to reload and re-gas.

Also, it's a lot simpler to 'gas pistols only' than have to worry about another type of gun.

It's GBB or NBB only.

A level playing field.

AEP users have the advantage of not running out of gas - they only have to reload, whereas a GBB user has to reload and re-gas.

Also, it's a lot simpler to 'gas pistols only' than have to worry about another type of gun.

It's GBB or NBB only.

OK. BTW, could you try and organise this around the half-term for airsofters still at school, would make things a lot easier for myself and for any other teenage airsofters. If so I can almost definately come, it is a single day thing right?

if you do it please tell me you won't have this rule (from the American version):

All guns MUST be chrono’d at 300fps with .20bbs and below with green gas, and tagged before game-start.....

http://www.operationbiohazard.com/rules.html

below 300fps....with green gas?

edit: Glasgow/Edinburgh is sadly a bit too far for me. Also you should do a kind of quick-draw tournament thingy on the side :)

If it were down to me it would be 328, given as some of the newer pistols out there chrono higher than 300 stock.

That rule is mainly in place to prevent people souping pistols up to stupid FPS levels, and is under discussion with the Biohazard team. However, it's entirely possible that they may insist on that rule remaining due to the close range nature of some of the shooting that takes place.

You do realise you can seriously damage a GBB in a quick draw, right?

Though I would love to come, other commitments may prevent me from attending, such as not being in the country.

At this point in time I will say yes, I will come. It is over a year away after all.

Also, I never ecieved a reply from Free Fire Zone about this proposal, and haven't really thought about contacting anywhere else.

Though I would love to come, other commitments may prevent me from attending, such as not being in the country.

At this point in time I will say yes, I will come. It is over a year away after all.

Also, I never ecieved a reply from Free Fire Zone about this proposal, and haven't really thought about contacting anywhere else.

Erm....November 2006 - like seven months, not a year?

Just one thing when you said only GBBs does that meen for all games? I meen some people like myself would certainly like to use other weapons which are in Resi games if not AEGs weapons such as the TMP, M3 shotty etc.

You see at the top where I said GBB only?

What did you think that meant?

For this op, for simplicity, it is GAS PISTOLS ONLY. No shotguns, No AEP, no gas SMG.

Might be an idea to do an invite only "dry run" of this say TAC, a few S8 regs, any Dark Angels and EW regs that will brave the trip. That way you can play about adapting the rules to our style of play and try out shotguns, SMGs etc in the rules and see what can be done to balance them, then have the proper game, rather than saying gas pistols only.

Archived