UK Biohazard Op

Ghost_Rider

If this goes ahead, I'll definitely be up for it! (providing someone could point me in the direction of El Cheapo accommodation near the site! :P)

I'd probably have to get a train up there (flying disagrees with me :(), but I'd be glad to!

Is there likely to be any limits on the number of pistols people can use? :huh: (:P)

Any other limits in play? (gear/loadouts etc??)

:geek:

Might be an idea to do an invite only "dry run" of this say TAC, a few S8 regs, any Dark Angels and EW regs that will brave the trip. That way you can play about adapting the rules to our style of play and try out shotguns, SMGs etc in the rules and see what can be done to balance them, then have the proper game, rather than saying gas pistols only.

Problem there is that once I start altering the rules by any significant degree then we loose the 'Operation Biohazard' tag.

• 1 month later...

i'd be interested. its quite a way away tho so i'd prefer it if it was a weekender. the gbb only rule sounds interesting and it'd give me a chance to use my vp70m altho i'd probably have to upgrade it slightly to get it working in scottish november. i would like to see shotguns tho maybe gas ones so you have a limited ammount of shots and have it takes longer to reload unlike marui ones where its one shell for 10 shots.

Problem there is that once I start altering the rules by any significant degree then we loose the 'Operation Biohazard' tag.

Whats more important, a game that works or a name that matches with a set of games in the US?

Besides I said "adapt" not Alter. For instance I think headshots should count, just as most sites in the UK count them, although its not to be encouraged and anyone deliberatly doing it should be sent packing

The rule they have about haveing to bring a mouthgaurd I'd also bin and have it instead as a recomendation that should you wish to play in only goggles you should were a mouthgaurd, but make it perfectly clear if you don't were one and you chip a tooth its your own problem.

As for shotguns and SMGS, well Biohazard allowed "full auto pistols" wich to me is the same as an SMG, just with no stock. :P

Whats more important, a game that works or a name that matches with a set of games in the US?

Besides I said "adapt" not Alter. For instance I think headshots should count, just as most sites in the UK count them, although its not to be encouraged and anyone deliberatly doing it should be sent packing

The rule they have about haveing to bring a mouthgaurd I'd also bin and have it instead as a recomendation that should you wish to play in only goggles you should were a mouthgaurd, but make it perfectly clear if you don't were one and you chip a tooth its your own problem.

As for shotguns and SMGS, well Biohazard allowed "full auto pistols" wich to me is the same as an SMG, just with no stock. :P

If I had a pound for every time I've heard this in the states, I'd quite well retire in the caribbean. The problem with people like you're too afraid to try something new. You're simply too afraid to leave your AEG at home. You're afraid of the challenge of actually having to face something without the tools you're so used to relying on for security. You're afraid of loosing, of not having that extra edge, of being taken out of your comfort zone. Bottom line: bringing an AEG in any respects to this op goes against the very spirit in which the Operation: Biohazard series was created to inspire. "Adapting" the rules as you keep requesting would do nothing short of undermine and destroy the whole entire spirit behind this op. See the Biohazard Intervention thread for more details as this has been discussed at great lengths and in great detail there.

As for headshots, no. Not with our ops anyways. It doesn't work with the rules and offsets the other side. "I think they should count," "anybody deliberately caught doing it should be sent packing," did you just disagree with yourself there?

As for the debate with full auto pistols vs. SMGs, well, no. Allowing SMGs would only open the door for someone to say, hey, the UMG and MP5s are technically SMGs, although it's classified as an AEG in airsoft terms. So it's easier to just say no. As it is, we're on the verge of disallowing AEPs too.

At any rate, if this is expected to hit the UK shores as part of our "official story," the rules will need to be adhered to. They work and do so quite well, I might ad. Read the reviews from those who actually attended the ops! The only bad feedback we tend to receive is from milsimmers who're "too afwaid to weave dew widdew boom-booms home wif dew mommies."

Buck up son, be a man and don't be afriad to try something new! Live a little! You never know, you just might like it!

If I had a pound for every time I've heard this in the states, I'd quite well retire in the caribbean.  The problem with people like you're too afraid to try something new.  You're simply too afraid to leave your AEG at home.  You're afraid of the challenge of actually having to face something without the tools you're so used to relying on for security.  You're afraid of loosing, of not having that extra edge, of being taken out of your comfort zone.  Bottom line:  bringing an AEG in any respects to this op goes against the very spirit in which the Operation: Biohazard series was created to inspire.  "Adapting" the rules as you keep requesting would do nothing short of undermine and destroy the whole entire spirit behind this op.  See the Biohazard Intervention thread for more details as this has been discussed at great lengths and in great detail there.

As for headshots, no.  Not with our ops anyways.  It doesn't work with the rules and offsets the other side.  "I think they should count," "anybody deliberately caught doing it should be sent packing," did you just disagree with yourself there?

As for the debate with full auto pistols vs. SMGs, well, no.  Allowing SMGs would only open the door for someone to say, hey, the UMG and MP5s are technically SMGs, although it's classified as an AEG in airsoft terms.  So it's easier to just say no.  As it is, we're on the verge of disallowing AEPs too.

At any rate, if this is expected to hit the UK shores as part of our "official story," the rules will need to be adhered to.  They work and do so quite well, I might ad.  Read the reviews from those who actually attended the ops!  The only bad feedback we tend to receive is from milsimmers who're "too afwaid to weave dew widdew boom-booms home wif dew mommies."

Buck up son, be a man and don't be afriad to try something new!  Live a little!  You never know, you just might like it!

hear hear

I thought it funny when he typed the line about headshots,I mean making them count will encourage people to aim for the head lol

If this doesnt take off in the uk I suppose you'll see one happy englishman at your next event, unfortunatly its too short notice for me to come to the one this year but I'll probably see you yanks next time

Hope you have a great day with it

Archived