... seems to have about 3 gazillion threads about what AEG he's going to buy. He also ignores all requests to stop making them. Could they maybe be deleted merged, or something?

Also, on a larger scale, is there a practical way of stopping people making so many threads about the same topics? Apart from giving everyone the Common Sense v1.0 chip, which used to be fitted as standard to humans.

:zorro:

I'll give him one thing- he was the father of the 'M190 just came' thread, which has taught me all I have to know before I receive mine.

However, you're right- he has been spamming incessantly about 'what am bestest gnu' threads, many being the same thing over and over.

Ah, well.

Surprising he hasn't seen this yet... then again, if he can't do enough research to find out that a Cybergun M4 Springer isn't any good, then I don't think he's reading anything at all.

No, what is surprising is that this thread has been in the "recently updated" box on the main page for almost a week and no mods have bothered to post on the subject.

I say, if they mods don't do something about him, or just don't show interest in this thread.

FLAME HIM!!!!

I think I have a fair suggestion...

If new users [that is 0-X "recognised" posts] do not have ability to post new threads.

Next "rank" up can only post like 1 new thread per day etc...

Like a daily thread quota sort of thing.

Until you get to like 500 posts when you can start as many as you want, or ask for permission to get unlimited thread posting in the sales forum.

Just an idea to keep the riff raff out, tis all.

Or maybe a system where a new thread has to be approved by someone until you reach "X" number of posts? That could work.

are you going to pay for 5 milion new mods then?

if someones being silly, they will get told off by general members (its called flaming)

if they continue, a mod will warn them

if they continue, ban them

Or maybe a system where a new thread has to be approved by someone until you reach "X" number of posts? That could work.

I like that idea.

If we made it a lower number then it wouldn't be a big workload.

Say 0-70 posts and you have to get a new topic approved by a special mod team similar to the "Sales/offtopic" moderators, but labed something like "New Thread Mod" or something. That way we could get it to work and wouldn't have to sacrifice anything big.

you would only need a team of say seven people or so to do it (Full time though, meaning two or three hours a night at the very most).

And make it impossible to make multiple threads at a time. That way a n00bster wouldn't get it in his head that the mods didn't approve it.

Noob makes thread

can't make another one until his current one passes (which would probalby happen in like a hour or two)

Then once it is approved, then he/she can make a new one.

~P