EXTENSIVE KSC USP .45 '"Full Size Review"

hmm in confused about this inserting the mag, cocking the hammer and it not firing

a bloke said theres no way around this but im fairly sure if i put the mag in my P226, cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger it would fire with an empty chamber

but i dont have any mags to hand so i cant test it

hmm i shall have to investigate

a bloke said theres no way around this but im fairly sure if i put the mag in my P226, cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger it would fire with an empty chamber

Did you lower the hammer by using the decocking lever? If so, of course it would fire. Try the following steps:

1. take out the mag.

2. pull trigger to dry fire once.

3. insert the mag.

4. pull the hammer back without moving the slide.

5. pull trigger.

What happens now?

Of course there's a way around this: never dry fire your gun when the mag is out. :rolleyes:

like i said i dont have a mag to hand atm or id test it

i know someone with a 226 though so ill get them to try it

ill repot back when i get an answer

EDIT: field stripped it and had a play with the internal hammer, it doesnt work if you dont cock it without the slide ;)

Edited by Kipper
like i said i dont have a mag to hand atm or id test it

i know someone with a 226 though so ill get them to try it

ill repot back when i get an answer

EDIT: field stripped it and had a play with the internal hammer, it doesnt work if you dont cock it without the slide  ;)

I think the 226 doesn't have this problem because the firing pin doesn't intrude as much as that on the USP. Just tested them both, and confirmed that the P226 will fire, but the USP will not in this case.

• 6 months later...

Actually a few people I know have leaking magazines specifically on their USP .45s, after a few months my USP mag was leaking like crazy and I couldnt fix it either. My USP compact never had a problem. Its possible you have a gas leak that might be developing.

Sorry to revive this thread BUT.

Do you notice that when you fill the mag with gas that it leaks???

BTW i was using propane

One of my two mags that came with my KWA USP did that with Green Gas. I just opened up the bottom, filled it with silicone sealer, and put it back together.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello and Happy New Year!

I just have a few questions regarding this gun as i have been eyeing it for awhile and considering it as my first gas sidearm. I will list them in order of importance to me (Keep in mind, i am a "Realism Purist", so don't be surprised if most of my questions are directed toward trademarks :P)

1. I cannot find the Japan Version of the USP .45 in stock anywhere anymore, it says that it has been discontinued, is this true?

2. Can the "Frame" of the gun be sold seperately? Especially those with trademarks?

3. Even though the stock slide comes with trades on both sides, do aftermarket slides have the same thing?

Thank you in advance and my apologies for reviving this thread, but this gun is too damn good to ignore! :D

Hey man, check www.ehobbyasia.com and www.gunsnguys.com

Both seem to have KSC USP .45 in stock.

And I saw that on Redwolf about them discontinuing it, and my heart jumped into my mouth. Can anyone confirm that?

And I just read the review there, very informative, thanks

Hauk