Stop shooting!

Mister Big Shot

Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?

• Hell no!
    • Yes indeed!

Some of the people I play airsoft with will yell at everyone to stop shooting when they need to reload. The way I see it, it is your own damn problem if you ran out of ammo and in a real life gunfight there would be no sympathy for the guy reloading. Makes sense right? I guess not, because I see people demand that the game wait for them to reload all the time.

Opinions?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell no! :angry:

That is part of the game, and stopping an entire skirmish would be far too much of a hassle. :waggle:

I do, however, pause the game during 1 on 1 backyard wars in very confined spaces(when playing with certain people, so that they don't start crying). :P

haha people that want the game stopped when reloading are pricks quite frankly.

is this backyard wars, or full skirmishes. backyard wars its more acceptable i suppose, but still stupid.

"hang on stop shooting while i move to some different cover"

"hang on stop shooting whiel i let my finger off the trigger"

WTF ?

Oh what a fanciful idea! Do let them take their dear time reloading! Wouldn't want them to work up a sweat, now would we! While we're add it, lets send them a gift basket filled of potpourri and daffidiles every time they run out of ammo! No hard feelings because everone's a winner! :P

If they reload, shoot them. If they whine, shoot them twice.

If you're playing properly, your oppo should be covering you for the couple of seconds that it takes to reload and you should cover them. To quote Agent Orange "If they reload, shoot them. If they whine, shoot them twice!" I think the people you play with need to grow up. Sh*t happens - if you run out of ammo, expect to get lit up like a Christmas tree.

I'm with the concensus on this one. Being vulnerable during reloading is part of game, and not getting shot during it should be the result of wise tactical decisions, proper ammo conservation, good teamwork and practice in how to reload your weapon so you can do it quickly under stress and get your gun back up in the fight ASAFP.

We used to do this in 'backyard wars'. We normally only had one mag each, and so it was etiquette to not shoot at someone whilst reloading. However, we didn't call 'hits' like you would at a skirmish; we just shot at eachother. It was a bit of fun, so the rule was reached amicably. If everyone bar you thinks being shot at whilst reloading is off, then apdapt dear boy.

However, once we all got AEG's, hi-caps and the rest of it, 'standard' rules applied.

My point is, you play with your mates, decide the rules; YOU are the marshalls :) We used to play funny old games, but with only 4-5 people, 1-hit rules would suck, so we adapted.

if you ran out of ammo and in a real life gunfight there would be no sympathy for the guy reloading

Please don't :(

Archived