Stop shooting!

Mister Big Shot

Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. Should a skirmish stop every time someone reloads?

• Hell no!
    • Yes indeed!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This depends really on how many people are playing. In backyard plinking I have no problem waiting for friends to reload (most of my buddies only have one magazine for their guns.)

On the other hand the only time I've ever seen a cease fire in a large event was when an enola gaye lit up some dry brush during a scenario game.

ceasefires in games only normally happen during an emergency- we had such a situation where a family insisted on exercising their ramblers rights through the middle of a highly publicised and legally sanctioned game- perfectly fine, and cease fire was called and obeyed by all, but the family in question, with a particularly snotty dad, had a small child and a dog with them, and they just marched across the site without even waiting for the marshalls to get organised.

Got no problem with ramblers rights, I just felt it was putting the dog and child at unnecessary risk of getting an eye shot out, which would have been spectacular for UK airsoft.

ceasefires in games only normally happen during an emergency- we had such a situation where a family insisted on exercising their ramblers rights through the middle of a highly publicised and legally sanctioned game- perfectly fine, and cease fire was called and obeyed by all, but the family in question, with a particularly snotty dad, had a small child and a dog with them, and they just marched across the site without even waiting for the marshalls to get organised.

Got no problem with ramblers rights, I just felt it was putting the dog and child at unnecessary risk of getting an eye shot out, which would have been spectacular for UK airsoft.

Yes we've had similar incidents as well. Funny we own 500 acres of land (it's all woods) you'd figure what are people doing on our property. Next to our field we have eglin airforce base but the people walking on the land were taking pictures of birds, needless to say it didn't help with them seeing us decked out in camoflouge with what appeared to them as guns. Is it even legal for someone to just walk on to your property if you own the deed to the land? They could have seriously gotten hurt that's the only time we had to call a cease fire.

In the UK the public footpaths are a big deal- even if you own a piece of land lock stock and barrel, if a public footpath runs across it, anyone can walk on your land.

some owners get a bit shirty and demand that ramblers don't stray from the path, which is fair enough I suppose, but landowners have no legal right to refuse entry unless the police believe the people in question might be intent on illegal acts- this got used alot against hunt sabateurs during the dark ages when the UK allowed foxhunting with dogs.

but other than that, nope- IF a path runs through your land that is- consult any Ordnace Survey map of your land and if there's a path, it'll be clearly marked.

Folk walking on site has only ever been a problem on rare occasions at sites I've played, once there was a guy driveing around the edge of the site on an ATV and a couple of time horse riders have wanted to go onto sites, on one occasion the rider seemed intent on walking the horse past the safezone and into the edge of the game in progress, but the horse (obviously the brains of the outfit) was haveing none of it. Some folk are just dumb, you either put up with it and ignore them or have a nervous breakdown.

well, there's dumb and there's exercising your right to roam- if a site crosses a public footpath, its up to the site organisers to ensure their are marshalls with radios at the points where the path enters the site, and that players are informed of the possibility of a sudden attack of ramblers.

But its also up to those crossing the field to obey a few basic common sense laws. You might have the right to ramble across a cornfield, but you're insane if you do when the farmer's doing a spot of threshing.

Though you could probably successfully sue the dude if you lost a leg.

crazy.

Archived