The Quest for a better TM MP7A1...

staticzero

I just received a custom built seven-cell CBP-750 battery from Cheapbatterypacks.com. I had them build it in the configuration that staticzero suggested, although I requested two three-cell sub-units, rather than a six-cell sub-unit, so that I can orient the direction of the soldered leads as needed. I had them use twelve-inch lengths of wire for the positive and negative leads and the leads to the remote cell, since I'm not sure yet exactly how long the wiring will need to be. I'm expecting that there may need to be a Dean's or other compact connector set in line between the three-cell sub-units and the single-cell sub-unit, so as to make installation in among the other components possible. It may turn out that I will need to make extra room inside the gun by removing the battery terminal receptical from the front of the switch assembly, if that's possible (maybe also the fuse and its contact plates.) I hope to be able to post pictures of the process some time next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Kinda off topic but have any of you dismantled a Galaxy MP7? Cant find instructions on how to get the trigger mech out[No pins holding the release and selector???].

Also, Lipo sounds great, but if it is so super, why arern;t more softers using it?

Because you can burn your house down during recharge or storage due to battery damage, or more commonly, user error.

I think that's a little over-alarmist jagfish :P

I'm guessing the main reasons most Airsofters haven't jumped onboard the Li-Po bandwagon are similar/the same as, mine;

1. I already have a stack of Ni-Cads/Ni-mHs and don't want to fork out for new packs.

2. Ditto the charger.

3. I don't wan't to jump up to 11.1 Volts in any of my AEGs (from 8.4V)

4. Similarly, I don't want to go down to 7.2V in them (excepting my MP7, and that's only if I wasn't very happy with the 7.2V 3000mAh external set-up I have on it, which I am :P ) although I realise that with the capacity 'potential' of Li-pos (if I understand them correctly) I shouldn't lose much ROF, if any, if I used them.

Edit; Nice necropost by the way LB :D

• 1 month later...

a little off topic here but,

when i dropped out my mag last week a piece of metal fell out with it, so i tried to strip the gun and couldn't untill i found this post ( cheers dude) when i got the gearbox out i noticed it had snapped at the front end on both sides of the gearbox shell :(

anyway , anybody know where of if i can get a replacement gearbox ( i tried redwolf and WGC but had no luck)

I'm fairly sure the only ways you'll get a spare 'box for an MP7 (in UK at least) are to either buy a new (clone) or secondhand one for spares.

There are a couple of Arnies members that can source stuff from Marui, one's Fareast and the other is

leonardinjapan@hotmail.com

...or something like that, can get all marui parts.

...from another member in another post.
  • 1 year later...

Just cleaned my barral, and fix the hop-up rubber. This i wouldnt have dared without your pics and guide staticzero. Thanks.

Good luck with exhancing the MP7 - one solution might be a Lipo batteri? I know someone here in Denmark who has succesfully installed a Lipo batteri batteri - increasing the rof about 5bb/s - so it now shoots around 17bb/s

Hi I don't know if this has been said but, why not hack up the switch assembly? I mean that thing is HUGE. You would need to put some time in to figure out how to shrink down the mechanism but I truely think even with the work it would be you best option. Think about it, you could have you extra cell and still change batteries the same way. You could even stick a MOSFET in the place you were origionally going to put the other cell.

Unfortunatlly there is probably something I am missing, that I could not see in the photos, that would cancel out this idea....oh well, it is still worth a try! :P

OGGY

Hi I don't know if this has been said but, why not hack up the switch assembly? I mean that thing is HUGE. You would need to put some time in to figure out how to shrink down the mechanism but I truely think even with the work it would be you best option. Think about it, you could have you extra cell and still change batteries the same way. You could even stick a MOSFET in the place you were origionally going to put the other cell.

Unfortunatlly there is probably something I am missing, that I could not see in the photos, that would cancel out this idea....oh well, it is still worth a try! :P

OGGY

Why bother? You can get a 7.4v 900mah 18C LiPO in the standard battery space which can supply the motor with all the current it needs to run at 100%

If he wanted to use lipo's he would have. In my opinion they are the better choice, but the op wanted to use standard batteries. That is why his original plan called for an extra cell added to the stock battery, and that is why I made a suggestion on how to get more space with the standard batteries.

If he wanted to use lipo's he would have. In my opinion they are the better choice, but the op wanted to use standard batteries. That is why his original plan called for an extra cell added to the stock battery, and that is why I made a suggestion on how to get more space with the standard batteries.

remember that this topic was first written in 2006 - two YEARS ago. two years ago, NO-ONE was using lithium batteries.

My reply was to you, not the OP.

Archived