Yet another M4A1 clone...Improving the Gene Pool

arivee

Sorry to hear you got a lemon - but you did open your metal body wrong. If you had to bend ANYTHING open, that's already an indicator that somethings wrong.

If its still possible, return it. From your description though that might not be possible.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, yesterday I received this AEG together with an A&K and two JGs.

Holy macaroni, what a difference. And not a difference in the advantage of the AIM ^^

It's full metal, big advantage. But the metal body is such a PITA that it's also the biggest disadvantage *sigh*

I actually had to bend open the upper receiver before I could hammer this thing open. I tried it on a more civilised manner for two hours (!!) without succes.

My rearsight is broken, a spring is peeping out of it.

My nozzle is in a thousand pieces (although I think that's because of the forced opening)

The mag is as loose in the magwell as a couple of drunken Irish playing Twister.

There's no stop on the sliding stock, if you're past the fifth hole it just falls off.

The spring of the Delta ring is so weak the hand guards just fall off when I grab the gun by the hand guards.

The hopup just doesn't work. When I turn the dial, the other gears just stay where they are. When I dismantle it, and I manually press the arm down, I can't get it up anymore. Right now I have a fixed hopup *sigh*

I actually bended a screwdriver while hammering out the small pin securing the gearbox.

This is not a bad replica, it just requires a helluva work. Sanding, filing, hardening, finetuning,...

But now I can compare it to the JGs and A&K, who are just fine out of the box, and I impossibly can call this gun decent. The others are good, this one really is below the line.

So right now I'm about to roundhousekick this POS, pure Chuck Norris style.

Hmm, yesterday I received this AEG together with an A&K and two JGs.

Holy macaroni, what a difference. And not a difference in the advantage of the AIM ^^

It's full metal, big advantage. But the metal body is such a PITA that it's also the biggest disadvantage *sigh*

I actually had to bend open the upper receiver before I could hammer this thing open. I tried it on a more civilised manner for two hours (!!) without succes.

My rearsight is broken, a spring is peeping out of it.

My nozzle is in a thousand pieces (although I think that's because of the forced opening)

The mag is as loose in the magwell as a couple of drunken Irish playing Twister.

There's no stop on the sliding stock, if you're past the fifth hole it just falls off.

The spring of the Delta ring is so weak the hand guards just fall off when I grab the gun by the hand guards.

The hopup just doesn't work. When I turn the dial, the other gears just stay where they are. When I dismantle it, and I manually press the arm down, I can't get it up anymore. Right now I have a fixed hopup *sigh*

I actually bended a screwdriver while hammering out the small pin securing the gearbox.

This is not a bad replica, it just requires a helluva work. Sanding, filing, hardening, finetuning,...

But now I can compare it to the JGs and A&K, who are just fine out of the box, and I impossibly can call this gun decent. The others are good, this one really is below the line.

So right now I'm about to roundhousekick this POS, pure Chuck Norris style.

What do you mean by not fitting? The bushings/bearings should be a press fit i.e. there should be friction when pressing them home. You may have to use a dowel or the back end of a screwdriver to drive them into place.

I just got this gun and man the i don't know what is going on with it my friend is having the same problem i charged the battery for like 2 hours just to see how it would fire and ir didn't it made the noise like it wanted to fire but no bb's came out any idea how long i need to charge the battery and i bought it from airsplat.com i don't know if they are a good to buy from or not...if not give me a website were i can buy the same gun

This is copied from the pinned post about battery care in the Tech Forum. I would recommend that you read the whole post. If it's a wall wart type charger then 2 hours is not nearly enough.

Total Battery Capacity (mAh) divided by Charge Rate (mA) multiplied by 1.4

For example, if you have a 3,000mAh battery, and a 300mA charger, it would look something like this...

> (3000 / 300) * 1.4

= 10 * 1.4

= 14 hours

(as mentioned earlier - a battery's first charge should be longer)

It should be listed on your charger what the mA rating is. If not, call AirSplat and ask them. The battery should also have the mAh rating listed on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived