Yet another M4A1 clone...Improving the Gene Pool

arivee

Time to chime in...

I believe the issue about the guns gunner is selling has been discussed in this thread. cherrychou has categorically stated that these were not the same AIM's made in Taiwan. Take that as you will.

As for the metal bodies - it is absolutely false that these come in as blanks and get engraved - if I am wrong though, I seriously would like to know who does engraving because I have a certain design in mind and would like to have it created for real. That being said AIM also does sell blank bodies.

You also will not find a 'made in china' stamp on the metal bodies from m4airsoft, from what I understand they are AIM metal bodies.

As for the batteries - yes those are what I was referring to. Give us a shout out on how they performed when you get them.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M4airsoft replaces the ABS bodies with metal bodies, thus having lots of left over ABS bodies to sell off for $14 at the bottom of the "products" page. I would guess they are using Hurricane or other aftermarket metal bodies with the SR trades. Just a guess...

They use the AIM bodies.

The A!M are 'clones' of the real AIM (cherrychou). They actually (according to cherry) cloned the AIM and started selling them under the AIM name which AIM didnt like and made a big deal about it. Now they either go by the "M"'s or the A!M's names.

It is not a metal bodied AIM, it is a metal body A!M. Which is a clone of the Metal body AIM.

want my honest opinion....its a bunch of confusin ######. But they are not considered real AIMs (not produced in taiwan like AIMs...)

Well, for the record, when I asked gunner directly about the name in an e-mail, his responce was that it was an AIM gun. Period. So, that's all I've got to go on honestly. Unless he wants to come in here, and elaborate more himself, all I can go on is what I'm being told by the seller.

I'll be asking the owner of m4airsoft some very pointed questions regarding this, once I get ahold of him myself. If for nothing else by my own piece of mind about this whole thing. I just find it pretty laughable that we're expending this much effort over clones...and clones of clones...ha!

:D

Ok, I thought I'd update with my research findings. Here's the scoop:

I talked in-depth with the owner of m4airsoft this evening. The new batch of M4's that they're awaiting shipment on, are the same guns that gunner, from gunnerairsoft, is selling. The. Same. Gun. Regardless of the Taiwanese/Chinese pot-shots, the truth is that this is the same gun from both sellers. The new M4's that m4airsoft will be receiving will in fact have blank receivers, and he's currently looking into what option he'll be using to put trades on it. However, he's assured me that the new batch of guns for sale WILL have trades on them, one way or the other.

M4airsoft's OLDER batch of the 'all metal M4', were just as a couple of others had mentioned above; they were AIM guns with plastic receivers, that m4airsoft custom-installed metal receiver kits on...complete with trades. So, the batches that were sold up to now were done in this manner.

The owner of M4airsoft also indicated that the build quality was quite high on this new batch of guns, and compared it directly to ICS. He said that people would not be disappointed.

So, there's the 'official' answer, as it were, from the current sources of the metal AIM M4's. Whether you order from gunner now, or m4airsoft later, you're going to get the same gun. The main difference will be that m4airsoft's guns will be fully trademarked. He also indicated that there would most likely be a slight price increase due to the trademarking work, but only in the range of approx. $10.

I hope this will help setting some of the questions people have had, including myself. Sometimes you just gotta drill down to the source.

Cheers.

btw i emailed gunner a long time ago about the metal "A!M" ones and the plastic "A!M" ones...and he told me that the internals suck and he said that you need to buy upgrades...

so the plastic one he said this :

The durability is a big problem on this gun.

The Front sight, outer barrel, top rail and and rear tube is plastic.

the front sight and outer barrel tends to break very easily, sometimes they are broken out of box.....

and the gears inside gearbox is quite soft also.....

so if you want to buy it, and use it for your main weapon, you need to consider a serious upgrade on it, to make it more durable.

Thanks!

Fung

for the metal A!M one he said this:

Hi,

Basically it is the same hun as A!M M4, but with a metal body and outer barrel, everything should be metal are all metal.

They are much more durble than the plastic one, because of the metal parts, but the internals are SAME as the plastic one. so you can consider buy some upgrade parts for it.

Thanks!

Fung

:( This is the only gun on my order I haven't had upgraded.

Edit: so how exactly is a stronger spring gonna help reliabilty, or are you talking like gears, motor, piston (basically a new gearbox)?! Has anyone even had one of these long enough to vouch for it's durability.

I notice gunner mentions that the ONLY problem with the metal one is "gears inside gearbox is quite soft"

I've probably had the v2 AIM here the longest. Having started this thread and all :P:D

I've changed a few things internally on my AIM when there was no reason to do so other than to see if I can. That being said, I transplanted what I've changed on the AIM on to another mechbox - my UTG MP5 (piston assembly and anti reversal latch) and I am happy to report ALL components are happily driving either an sp100 or sp110 spring.

The gearbox is reinforced and I do not see any logic why you would want to replace it. The gears are ALL stamped XYT. Contrast that against the utg whose spur gear is the only one stamped as such. Does that mean something? *shrug* I calls them as I see them.

I damaged my air nozzle when I rammed the stick thing down the inner barrel when I thought there was a blockage - the air nozzle took the brunt of the force.

Hmmm...whatelse - no other thing that I can think of - the selector plate and wiring and switches and cylinder assembly remain the same.

I just noticed how cheap hotspot is selling it so im just going to buy it from them. since its stock will it run fine with the 9.6v 2500 mah bat i wanna customize?

I am pretty sure the A size ones will run fine.

You just have to fiddle with the battery retaining fins (by sanding them down) just so they wont interfere with the batteries from reaching the bottom handguard.

im getting the one they make for the TM m4a1. i dont understandwhat you mean and what to sand.

Look at the lower handguard. Those triangular protrusions were meant to hold an 8.4v (7-cell double odd config) 2/3A battery in place. Its a design feature copied from TMs.

When you place the batts side saddle, they wont go all the way down because the 'fins' will be in the way. Trying to close the handguard will result in a bulge. Thats why A sized batts are probably the maximum the handguard can take.

Hence, the need to sand down the fins.

Sort of. I haven't had any major problems with them, but once I ordered a spring gun with an extra magazine and I guess airsplat thought that I hadn't gotten it, even though I did, and I got another one 2 weeks later. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. It could be good because if they were unsure that they sent it out, they went with the worst case scenario and sent another one. But it could be bad because they may not have kept track of who got what, nor did they keep very good track of things in the first place. Another time, I ordered a gun and the email that tells me that they had received my order and the tracking number were sent out on the same day that the gun arrived. You could look at the retailer reviews and maybe find more info there.

Sort of. I haven't had any major problems with them, but once I ordered a spring gun with an extra magazine and I guess airsplat thought that I hadn't gotten it, even though I did, and I got another one 2 weeks later. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. It could be good because if they were unsure that they sent it out, they went with the worst case scenario and sent another one. But it could be bad because they may not have kept track of who got what, nor did they keep very good track of things in the first place. Another time, I ordered a gun and the email that tells me that they had received my order and the tracking number were sent out on the same day that the gun arrived. You could look at the retailer reviews and maybe find more info there.

Archived