Yet another M4A1 clone...Improving the Gene Pool

arivee

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know if there's a lot different in quality between AIM (Taiwan) and the A!M (China)? Also, do you know which M4 does m4airsoft.com is getting right now?

If in fact that there's remarkable quality different between the AIM(Taiwan) and the A!M(China), which one is better between the worst of 2 VERSUS cm027?

Thanks for your response and clarification.

I dunno, I give up on this gun.

I've tried everything. All I know is even with the m120, my GBB pistol shoots

farther then this.

This goes about like 50ft then drops like crazy..I don't understand.

Mybe the hopup isn't good, I don't know..

When I adjust the hopup it either does nothing, or just blocks the bb.

i kno this is old but i'm having this exact same problem and was wondering if any1 ever found a fix to it??

I have just received my AIM M4A1 from www. Airsplat .com

I have mixed emotions.

Pros: It fires solid, high-cap mag works great, Batt is great.

cons: Feels really weak, and fires WAYYY to the right.

But hey, it was worth it.

EDIT: Can some PLEASE show me how to get the upper receiver up, it says use a screwdriver, but there are no threads!

Hey guys!

I dont suggest changing your hop up. The mechanism on it is pretty good. It is a copy of the v-match design and is quite sensitive IF it is coupled with a good hopup bucking. That being said - I highly, highly recommend guarder enhanced 50% bucking.

As for tightbores - I know airsoftatlanta carries quite a few SRC spares - rather affordable too - although the shipping would kill the deal (maybe you can add the hop up bucking with that order :D ). BUT - I would still advice either a systema or madbull TB.

Inorder to open up the receiver (this is what I am assuming what you mean by getting the 'upper receiver up') - push the rear body pin out, the receiver should pivot open.

As for shooting waaay to the right - Aim waaay to the left :P:D

I have just received my AIM M4A1 from www. Airsplat .com

I have mixed emotions.

Pros: It fires solid, high-cap mag works great, Batt is great.

cons: Feels really weak, and fires WAYYY to the right.

But hey, it was worth it.

EDIT: Can some PLEASE show me how to get the upper receiver up, it says use a screwdriver, but there are no threads!

what color box. I need it to know if its authentic.

thanks to all for helping with the airsplat issue. I shall share my coupons with you.

Note:they can not be combined

Bestek Green Gas $6.95 No Coupon required

$25 OFF of Airsoft Elite, Classic Army, or Systema Coupon code: AEGPACKAGE

Coupon Code: AEGPACKAGE

………………………………………………………………………………………

5% Discount for FindSavings Readers

Coupon Code: FindSavings

Free UPS Ground Shipping on all orders over $150.

Coupon Code: FREESHIPPING

$2.50 Handling fee still applicable.

$10 off any $100 Purchase Get $10 off any purchase of $100 or more at AirSplat.com with coupon code: MONKEY. coupon code: MONKEY expires: Unknown

My AIM M4, in it's current state.

M4.jpg

I know, it's just that little bit different to all the other M4's that get posted around ehre ^_^ The entire barrel set is currentley wrapped up and ready to be posted off at the nearest oportunity, as I'm trading my plastic one for a metal one, with some cash from myself, of course.

When all the bits for it arrive, this'll be the sum total of what's been done to it

> Metal Bushings and re-shim (stock shimming was AWFUL)

> New prometheus soft hop rubber (Prurple, w00t!)

> Metal Outer barrel

> TM/CA (I dunno which) Metal stock tube & Stock

> 9.6v battery for it (Been running it on an 8.4 recentley, it's all I had, and I've yet to take it outside, so ROF isn't an issue)

> A total of 4 Hicaps and a Locap For it

> TM Tracer Unit (Just to top it off ^_^)

I think that I know why the ROF and performance on an 8.4v battery is so rubbish - A combination of bad shimming, horrible bushings, and terrible stock wiring.

The stock shimming was way too tight, so that got sorted almost as soon as I got the gun. The bushings were horrible things, soem kind of soft plastic. Swapped them out for some stock TM ones I had knocking around, and then swapped them for metal ones the next day (when they arrived in the post). ROF went up quite significantly after I did that.

On friday, I'm going to strip it down again and re-wire the whole thing, and put the fuse back into the loop, too - it had been taken out by *albatross* before it was shipped to me, but I don't like having a gun with no fuse in it. The wiring is terrible, though - It's thin, flimsy, and seems to have a damned high resistance. The long, thin plates of metal that connect the wiring in the foregrip and the wiring from the gearbox realy don't help matters either. After about 10 test shots, they were getting pretty toasty. so that's a lot of excess energy being burnt off there.

Future plans for it - Well, a tightbore for one thing. Probably an uprated piston and piston head, maybe a silent one. Definatley going to reinforce the front of the gearbox when I get a chance. I'm also going to swap the motor out for a TM one (or anything decent that I can get on the cheap), as I'm dubious about the performance of this one. A flashhider and front sight will also be on there way to em once I find someone who'se not selling them as part of a entire front set.

My verdict on the gun - an excelent bit of kit, especialy considering the price. To fully appreciate it, though, you'd have to be a gearhead like me - I love tinkering with guns, tuning them to get the best performance, whacking upgrade aprts in and generaly customising the hell out of a guin, internaly and externaly.

But, yeah. I love mine, even though it's more or less an M4 pistol at the moment!

Getting an ICS front end is a false economy and is like replacing like for like. The ICS barrel uses a fixing arrangement at the breach similar to the AIM(e.g socket, small bolts etc) plus the outer barrel is made up of multiple thin pieces of tubing.

You would be far better off buying a CA one piece outer barrel which is essentially a one piece, solid aluminium bar. Alternatively a G&P or other quality alternative would suffice but they aren't as thick.

Plus if you want to fit a RIS or RAS the ICS 'RIS' is totally inferior to the CA or Hurricane 'RAS' mainly because of the two different attachment methods, hence RIS and RAS. Also, because the ICS RIS employs the use of a crappy, non real steel, Marui type barrel nut so it is not compatible with AIM, CA, G&P or Hurricane's use of a real steel 'star tooth' barrel nut.

Archived