Yet another M4A1 clone...Improving the Gene Pool

arivee

Get them to put metal bushings in it and re-shim it, and re-wire it while they're at it. or, if you're experienced with gearboxes, do it yourself and save some cash. Tightbore is also good.

And There is indeed an m4 RIS on redwolf, no idea if it's a new revision or just a bolted on RIS bit...

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
After reading all the great comment about this gun, I'm thinking about to buy it.

I have a question can a rig 8 pcs of AA type (2500 mA) NiMh rechargeable battery and put it in?

Does anyone ever use AA  type rechargeable battery in this fashion?

Is this a reasonable solution?

No. The AAs will not have a high enough discharge rate.

Wee update on my M4 - I've managed to snap all but one of the receiver lugs (Yes, even the ones on the lower receiver <_<), so there's a nice new G&P Fire Pig metal Body sitting waiting for me when i get back up to uni. Kudos to Redwolf and parcelfarce for getting it from Hong Kong in two days flat! :D My order from firesupport took the same amount of time to arrive! :o

I'll be adding a few more parts to the Gun, too - Ambidextrous mag catch (I like the look of it...), M120 spring, G&P polyacetal piston and some kind of New Piston head. Still Need a New cylinder in it... after some research, it appears that I should have a vented one of some kind, But the one in it has no vents. So, new cylinder!

But, once I put the metal body on and the upgrade bits in, the only AIM parts will be:

Foregrips

Gearbox Shell

Anti-reveral latch

Bevel Gear

Pistol Grip + motor End Plate

Spring Guide

Cylinder

Cylinder Head

Tappet Plate & Air nozzle

Trigger

Carry Handle

Hop unit and barrel (Not the Hop rubber)

And, uh, that's it. Most of the rest of the gun will be metal, so it should have a very nice heft to it :D

I've also made a nice wee box mag, so I'll be trying that out on the 21st - assuming that My M4 can survive the skirmish - so far it's broken EVERY time I go to use it <_<

• 1 month later...

I got a serious problem with my AIM M4a1!!! HELP PLEASE GUYS!

I have a problem with my aim m4a1 where only 1 out of every 3-5 shots gets full velocity and distance. i think the bb's arent being seated correctly in the chamber or theyre going too far into the barrel for the firing pin to make full contact for full velocity, mostly it sounds like im dry-firing because of this. the hop-up doesnt work at all either....adjusting to the max low and high settings doesnt make a bit of difference.

any help would be awesome, just got this thing 3 days ago!

I got a serious problem with my AIM M4a1!!! HELP PLEASE GUYS!

I have a problem with my aim m4a1 where only 1 out of every 3-5 shots gets full velocity and distance. i think the bb's arent being seated correctly in the chamber or theyre going too far into the barrel for the firing pin to make full contact for full velocity, mostly it sounds like im dry-firing because of this. the hop-up doesnt work at all either....adjusting to the max low and high settings doesnt make a bit of difference.

any help would be awesome, just got this thing 3 days ago!

Do not fool around with it, package it back up and contact the shop you bought it from. You just got it and you should be covered with some sort of warrantee.

Your problem could be from a myriad of reasons - and some solutions include cracking open the gearbox, if you're not ready to do that, then seal it back up and talk to the retailer.

Not probably the answer you want to hear, but you're going to be spending a lot of time and possibly money to fix it by yourself.

I think the bottom line question here is if it's the "Taiwan" AIM M4 or the unbranded China brand.  www.m4airsoft.com sell the full metal AIM from Gunners - which is not under the Taiwan brand.

They're arguably the same thing.

Check this reviews:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=10854.0

It's between AIM M4 and Super M (which m4airsoft has)

ugh...i just ordered this gun from airsplat too, ive done plenty of work on my CA gearbox so i guess you should lemme have some suggestions so i can get started.

Well if you insist.

1. I would check the hop up first, as in replace the rubber. I personally am extremely biased for guarder's enhanced hop up bucking. I love those things!

2. Not the bucking? Try the air nozzle (I have a systema on mine)

3. Since you're experienced already, I would check the timing on the gears

Good luck!

How do you check the gear timing? I thougth they set them self after the 1st rotation?

Ehobby asia (ebay) has the guarder hopup buckings for $6.99 shipped. Ive got like 7 ofem kicking around for projects ;)

Well, true that they reset themselves after the first rotation. I was thinking something more in the order of a sector chip solution. The timing of the tappet plate being pulled back may be causing this inconsistency.

It essentialy helps the air nozzle clear the hop up chamber and chamber the next round.

Once the nub travels on the down stroke of the sector gear, it essentially releases the tappet plate. The sector chip prolongs that down stroke when the air nozzle is retracted.

The sector chip was actually meant to address misfeeding. On a normal downstroke the tappet plate is released too fast before the next round could be chambered.

Take that with a grain of salt if you will, that was information that I only recall from memory.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, yesterday I received this AEG together with an A&K and two JGs.

Holy macaroni, what a difference. And not a difference in the advantage of the AIM ^^

It's full metal, big advantage. But the metal body is such a PITA that it's also the biggest disadvantage *sigh*

I actually had to bend open the upper receiver before I could hammer this thing open. I tried it on a more civilised manner for two hours (!!) without succes.

My rearsight is broken, a spring is peeping out of it.

My nozzle is in a thousand pieces (although I think that's because of the forced opening)

The mag is as loose in the magwell as a couple of drunken Irish playing Twister.

There's no stop on the sliding stock, if you're past the fifth hole it just falls off.

The spring of the Delta ring is so weak the hand guards just fall off when I grab the gun by the hand guards.

The hopup just doesn't work. When I turn the dial, the other gears just stay where they are. When I dismantle it, and I manually press the arm down, I can't get it up anymore. Right now I have a fixed hopup *sigh*

I actually bended a screwdriver while hammering out the small pin securing the gearbox.

This is not a bad replica, it just requires a helluva work. Sanding, filing, hardening, finetuning,...

But now I can compare it to the JGs and A&K, who are just fine out of the box, and I impossibly can call this gun decent. The others are good, this one really is below the line.

So right now I'm about to roundhousekick this POS, pure Chuck Norris style.

Archived