Review of the HFC HG 106

After using my KJW Mk23 NBB in the field, i realized just how effective they were and economical too. Thus, i became a NBB fan. Sure, GBB own the ###### out of them in realism, but I am a funtionality guy, if it makes killing easier, I'm in, so long as I can afford it.

So, today I go over to Jungletoy, after about a 45 mintue roadtrip, I wanted some gas and BB's and they had some bulk packages for quite cheap. When I am in there, i spot this little walther PPK-ish gun with faux wood retailing, i dunno, 30-35 bux or so. I ask the guy, can I use it? He says sure. Its light, versatile, and best of all, i know this might sound like a stretch, but it uses stick mags.

STICK MAGS?!?!?! WTF!>!>

How is that good you say? Simply put, the gun has a rather LARGE gas reservoir in it. Instead of it being built in to the mag, this allowws high amounts of gas that be be stored. A one second, yes, one second fill (I timed it) provides 25 shots. Now, the only catch here is that stick mags for this gun are Low capacity, a mere 11 rounds. The plus side however is that if you pull the spring all the way doen, there is a catch and you can use any old aeg quick loader to fill it up! pretty groovy.

The body. It is almost completely plastic, I field stripped the gun and the only thing i could find was the barrel and the reservoir, maybe the trigger (cant tell). Its not super heavy duty plastic but its tougher than the stuff on my kjw mk23! thas for sure.

The silencer: It is only a couple inches long, and solid filled, it is truly a mock silencer, funny enough it makes less noise with it off! ha.

Performance: Ok, so its on the cheap side, about as much as a good springer would cost you, though no trademarks, so the question is, is it worth its salt? 30USD a drop in the bucket to greatness or a total waste? The anwser, in my humble opinion is this. If you have speed loader(s) and 60 bux, you can dual wield these little buggers and be a force to be rekoned with! no joke. There volicity and range with .2's and .25's hardly wavers. The accuracy with and without the silencer for such a cheap gun is impecable and the sheer amount of gas it can store and easy loading make it ideal.

FPS: Rest assured my UK friends, this guy is 100% legal shmeagal. I don't have a real chronograph on hand, but it is unable to peice a standard can's sides with .2's or .25's. It does however, create a rather sizable dent, I would say, 10 FPS higher and it would have peirced it. I am going to rate this gun ~ 0.8 joules with green gas aka Top gas or R22. I dont have HFC134a handy, sorry.

Field stripping: this has to be the easiest gun i have ever field stripped, remving the safety pin and or silencer, you can slide off the slide and get to whatever you want, I lubed this gun before operation, lube when it comes is minimal so I would suggest you do the same.

Comfort: it is small, yet I have big hands. I thought this would be a problem but surpriingly it was not, mind you I could not fully grip it (i doubt an old shriveld lady could either! heh) but you can grip it quite easily.

Looks: 8- Very nice to look at even for its lack of trademarks, a good job

Comfort: 8 Its al plastic, what can i say, I like rubber and or wood grips :P

Accuracy: 7 This gun is meant for use of .25's with green gas in my opinion as well as all other NBB and GBB's for prime accuracy. Its not Dead on, holy ###### sharpshooter accurate but it gets the job done.

Power: 9 This gun is perfect for UKers. Even with green it chronos just below 1J, it actually might be right around that power but as i said, it never peirced the can. Even for US players, for 30USD you cant go wrong (plus i think the mags cost about 10USD)

Reliability: 7 I dont know if it was just me being a stupid git, or the mag acting up but once out of every 20 or so shots, it shot 2 BB's out, usually at the start or so if it happened.

Price: 10 Cheap, cool looking, powerful, and economical. You really can't ask for more if you are an Airsofter on a budget or want a PPk looking gun the plink with around the house or office.

In conclusion, it is a fun little gun, I plan on buying another one. I only put around 60 or so shots through it and dont plan on puting anymore through it, I am going to try to sell it because currently I am saving up my money for turning my Steyr AUG into a phantom. If it doesnt sell in a week or two, I will buy another one and dual wield at my next skirmish.

post-1241-1102823781_thumb.jpg

post-1241-1102823801_thumb.jpg

post-1241-1102823995_thumb.jpg

post-1241-1102824009_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Yep it's deff a copy of the HSc Mauser(the trigger is metal and has Mauser trade marks but otherwise looks the same). I just got one second hand, really just to plink with and put in the pistol rack as a comparison with to my other pistols like a cutie little puppy in a pack of wolves :D out to about 25-30ft it's suprisingley accurate. I haven't tried it with green gas as I was afraid of the whole thing exploding, but I may now give it a try :D

For very little money you get a very handy little gun.

Edited by Stumpy
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
If you want, I can provide more pics and you can post the review on the main site, just let me know what you want to see

Can you take a pic of the inside of the gun cause the hammer inside where it hits the button for the gas is messed up and i need to see how to put it back together...If you can that would be a really big help