SureFire, I love you and you too Trijicon.

LoneWolf

It's 4:30AM here in Rome, and I was just awoken by the sound of someone drilling in my window at about 4:10AM. I saw some figure on the balcony, I reached for my Systema PTW M16A4 equiped with a M900, I got up and walked towards the window and turned on the light. The robber dropped his handheld drill and made a run for it down a drainage pipe near my balcony, on the 5'th floor! I proceeded to wake everyone in the house and I got onto the balcony, I then saw two skinny mother*fruitcage*ers crawling through the bushes. Now, the American within me awoke, as I proceeded to light up the whole terrain with the M900, I then took aim through the Trijicon ACOG and fired away. Haji was running away pretty damn fast, under fire, I got a few dozen confirmed hits. If only I had the BushMaster I left in America....

I'm a little shaken, and Carabinieri are inbound. I will post pics in the morning of the scene (the twat drilled through ma window dammit!) if you guys and interested.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems like more a testament to Surefire than it does to the airsoft gun.

When you've got a bright light being shined at you it could be mounted on a banana for all they know. Personally I wouldn't have shot at them, keep them guessing if it was real or not.

But hey, I sleep with a real Sig 226 in my closet, so what do I know.

You used an airsoft gun for home defence? What if he had a real gun, and shot you. Strikes me as a little moronic...

Dude, I was under a little stress. My PTW is on the floor near my bed, and that was the first thing I grabbed when I woke up. Blinding Haji with the SureFire seemed better than screaming like a girly man. Besides, I have a KaBar on my night stand :P To tell you the truth I still am shaken.

What would I change if I could go back in time?

-second loaded mag in butstock pouch

-high output lamp assembly in M900

nice one mate, but next time have a moscart Grenade Launcher and load it with one the Grenade XMPB4, which you can load with paintballs, BB's or anything you can stuff it with, those things are killers, gurantee to make anyone drop to the floor with pain if shot at point blank range.

So what if the robbers had a real weapon, they wouldn't of reach for it if they thought he had a REAL M16A4 and i doubt they would of had any reason to doubt him, and they certainly didn't want to find out since they ran off. so in the end it didn't matter if he picked up a real weapon or not. It would of achieved the same result.

Good going mate! Pizza's for everyone! ;)

Giving them a few stings with an airsoft weapon was a nice touch. :D But don't ever bluff airsoft or other fake guns for real ones. Even if it's a Systema Super Hyper Max upgraded one... It'll only sting. These things aren't even near air rifle power range. Even if you hit the eyes, the intruder might be on drugs and after losing his sight he's a loose cannon. Berzerk is the only word I can think of. And then if you don't hit him well enough... You're pretty much dead.

Using bright light to confuse the perpetrator is a good idea if you don't have anything really effective at hand. That's what they're built for, and I always carry a SureFire with me.

-Sale

If you could go back in time?

Don't shoot your airsoft gun! Why? Not because that may hurt the robbers if they didn't wear eye protection, but because it'd make them realize they weren't in as much danger as they might have thought, and it might anger them that they were fooled, and you don't want to do either of those things.

wow, the Carabinieri

did they come fully loaded dual weilding MP5's and flashing two desert eagles in thigh holsters

that happened to me on the autostrada there once, at a road accident!

Shao: True, but it was a difficult situation, all the could have's or should have's will be thought about when I get some sleep

lilwoggy: naa, none of that. They were only packing Beretta's, but they were in there cool uniforms. Nice Fiat Stilo too.

I will post pics and more details after I get some sleep. It's 7:30AM here. I went to sleep after 2AM, got a wake up at 4:10AM and did'nt even close my eyes since.

If the robbers were smart, even if they did get shot by an airsoft gun they'd realize that the homeowner would be prepared next time and might pack real heat, especially considering you already have an M16 replica. People who are after personal revenge might not care, but home burglars probably wouldn't risk it.

Unless they were poor and thought they had to.

Well even if they don't care about their lives because they had to, they could of been cannon-fodder hitmen or something, pay way more then being a burgular.

Either way it doesn't really matter what's their reason, they deserve everthing they got and more.

I'm actually surprised that this is the first thread (in my experience) involving airsoft used in self defence.

First off it's good to hear you're alright. I'll stand here and agree with everyone else that you shouldn't have pulled the trigger. If you were in the USofA, and if the attempted thieves dropped off your balcony and were injured, you could be facing a lawsuit. After all, in the eyes of the law they weren't thieves (attempted breaking & entering, yes). I'm really not sure how it is in Italy though, as Italy doesn't seem as ###### backwards as the UK/USA.

That's a lot of 'ifs' though, and in the end all is good (except for the hole in your window). This is proof that PTW > thieves!

I'm actually surprised that this is the first thread (in my experience) involving airsoft used in self defence.

First off it's good to hear you're alright. I'll stand here and agree with everyone else that you shouldn't have pulled the trigger.  If you were in the USofA, and if the attempted thieves dropped off your balcony and were injured, you could be facing a lawsuit. After all, in the eyes of the law they weren't thieves (attempted breaking & entering, yes). I'm really not sure how it is in Italy though, as Italy doesn't seem as ###### backwards as the UK/USA.

That's a lot of 'ifs' though, and in the end all is good (except for the hole in your window). This is proof that PTW > thieves!

Yeah, if any burgulars' attempts to break into your house in the USA, you better off killing them, no lawsuit, and totally within your right to defend your property & family.

:rolleyes:

Bit harsh but at leased it's a better alternative then the barmy laws we got over here in sad blighty.

:(

If the robbers were smart, even if they did get shot by an airsoft gun they'd realize that the homeowner would be prepared next time and might pack real heat, especially considering you already have an M16 replica. People who are after personal revenge might not care, but home burglars probably wouldn't risk it.

If the robbers were smart they wouldn't try to rob the same house again!

If you were in the USofA, and if the attempted thieves dropped off your balcony and were injured, you could be facing a lawsuit. After all, in the eyes of the law they weren't thieves (attempted breaking & entering, yes). I'm really not sure how it is in Italy though, as Italy doesn't seem as ###### backwards as the UK/USA.

od (except for the hole in your window). This is proof that PTW > thieves!

I think in Italy there are much better home defence laws and less of this rediculous suing culture that is apparent in our two countries.

Archived