STAY CLEAR OF SAFARA SOFTAIR!

LoneWolf

I placed a order for a Systema PTW M4 after numerous phone calls which confirmed that it was a Generation 3 PTW. I payed via. credit card, ofcoarse the funds were taken off my account IMIDIETLY after paying. I called them Thursday 16 and confirmed that I had payed. They said everything is cool and that they will ship Friday the 17'th. Monday 20'th no package came. Nothing came on the 21'st. I decided to give them a phone call, to which they told me they did not ship my PTW because it is faulty and missfeeds! WTF?? They told me they will fix it and that they will call me Wednesday. Wednesday 22'nd came, no phone call, so I called them. They told me that they didn't have time, and that they will call me Thursday. Guess what? No call Thursday, and nothing Friday. Finally, I got a phone call Saturday, telling me that the rifle has been fixed and will be at my house Tuesday the 28'th. And here it is.

I open the box, lift the rifle and I feel that it is light, I flip it to the other side to check out the markings, and I see this:

WTFPTW.jpg

Some of you will say it's no big deal. I'm sorry, but this is a NEW rifle, not a B-Grade. Then came another shock. The barrel is aluminium, which means that THIS RIFLE IS A GEN2 NOT A GEN3 WHICH I PAYED FOR.

When I called Safara Softair for explanations, I was told to call back in ten minutes. When I called back in 20minutes, the line was busy. The line was busy for over 3hours, NON STOP!! (I have callback on my phone, when the line is free I get a call from Vodafone, the line was busy for the whole time!!)

These are the culprits: www.safarasoftair.com

Until I clear this matter up, I consider Safari to be über poop! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!

Italian and Greek customers will be familiar with them, although other European players will be too.

*fruitcage*!,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
meh, this is the first complaint ive heard about them.

If youre dissatisfied, get your money back from your credit card company and send it back

First complaint? I can't wait until Solo get's here and talks about his experience with Safara. God, why didn't I listen to him :(

And I'm sure plenty more people would like to set Safara ablaze.

Dissatisfied? My friend, I'm *fruitcage* ######.

*fruitcage* THIS!!,

Mike

Bad luck mate - seems that with the VCR imminent (though I know it doesn't affect these guys) lots of traders are grabbing the money and running.

+1 for being able to afford a PTW and having the cajones to complain to a big company.

CC

Edit: Just noticed this amusing typo on safarasoftair :-

"pss2 shotgun stock

shotgun custom lover frame for aps2: fits sv-ex-mkI."

Sounds like some sort of S&M equipment...

im just gonna keep track of this, if only to see what Solo reply will be.

I'm gussing somewhere along the lines of: "I told you so" :rolleyes:

Anyhow, at leased you did it on your credit card, and you can still get your money back, small consolatings but nothing better then the knowledge you have refund, even if the company doesn't want to talk you or not.

:)

Damn, I sent them an email asking about PTw-s and ordering from them etc. Guess what - I havent received an answer yet and it has been a few days already. I guess its because I specifically asked them about the genereations of PTW-s :D:D LOL

Unlucky mate :( , you dont pay that kind of cash to get not only not what you ordered, but also something scratched to boot. I doubt they would buy a car brand new out the showroom if the dealer ran a key down the side before handing it over.

Hope you get it all sorted !

What everyone else said.

I guess it boils down to you not getting what you paid for. Call the credit card, get your money back, and return the item.

To boot, you got a damaged item. I would get a refund just for that anyways.

That's bad business practice doing that **** to customers.

Dang Mikey :angry:

Another fraud. It's fraud. I was hoping yours would be a different case, but it isn't.

I can not express in civil and mature form my disappointment (to say the least) for this. I would personally take them to court, as I think this behaviour is intentional, not by chance.

There is a known pattern (I tired telling you back then), now coming up amon Italian players. It's now in the form of a heavy complaint/boycott thread on an Italian forum, here:

http://forum.softairmania.it/viewtopic.php?t=1852

12 pages of bad comments and sad stories. I'm in there too (though I got so angry at the time that I did solve my situation).

And Mike, the most serious thing here is not the scratch, but the fact that the rifle is 2nd gen. Old stock, probably even used by them in demos.

Okay,

I just wrote Kumi Yoshida a quick memo. Kumi is CEO of Systema.

I will try to keep this thread updated on my results. If any.

My intent is to help Mike get his money back and bring Safarà down in shame.

Ciao darling,

I'm writing you to let you know that a young friend of mine - Mike, son of diplomatic personnel temporarily residing in Italy - has been tricked in a heavily fraudulent way by a known Italian Systema retailer, named Safarà (http://www.safarasoftair.com/).

Upon my supervision, Mike had decided to purchase a new, 3rd generation Professional Training Weapon M4A1 here in Italy. Mike is a young and nice guy who - though wealthy - has limited economical capabilities due to his age. You can imagine what effort it is for him to pay cash on the nail for a rifle such as a new Systema PTW.

Well, after contacting Safarà, Mike was assured they had in stock a 3rd generation - I say again, 3rd generation - new in the box Systema PTW M4A1. The rifle would be shipped immediately.

He made immediate payment via credit card on their online application.  After a still to be investigated inexplicable long delay to receive the rifle home, here in Rome (Safarà is located up north, in a customs free area of Italy called "San Marino"), Mike sadly discovered that the rifle he received was a 2nd generation (possibly used by them for demoing purposes, judging by the poor state of the rifle - scratched).

It seems like the shop is now unreachable by phone.

Dear Kumi, I am asking for your help to solve this situation in the best and fastest possible manner.

I am thinking of writing Visele as well to let them know that what I believe to be an official Italian retailer such as this one may get away with these low-life, fraudulent bad-business makers.

Hoping to hear soon from you, my best as always.

Fil

Sorry that this had to happen to you, Mike.

Yes. Will do that, too. Waiting for her to answer me first. Mike has PMmed me with other sweet info. Stuff he was told by them. Like the fact that this rifle had come in a month ago.

She's really busy lately, working hard (she works up to 20 hours per day, I am not kidding).

Not sure this will lead us anywhere, but at least, let us try

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight Safara Airsoft, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our 3'rd Gen PTW, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the internet, we shall fight on Arnies, we shall fight in the General Discussion section and via e-mail, we shall fight side-by-side with my MasterCard bank to re-claim the funds; we shall never surrender.

Strength and honor!

All the best,

Mike

Archived