STAY CLEAR OF SAFARA SOFTAIR!

LoneWolf

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, "mr Safara" is known for his "mistakes"... And they are many. Too many. Simply don't buy from them.

For example in only 2 months watching the "sotair.it" forum i heard of 3 airsoft guns sold at full price... but guess what... they were not only used, but even broken! In a TM Steyr Aug some parts of the gearbox were even missing!!!

Others stores are "Arco e Frecce", "GM Softair", "Campobase". They are more reliable in my opinion.

Duh i found an interesting topic about this, if you understand Italian go and read this... click me

I think I'm the only one without trouble with Safara. Today I received my 3th expensive Guarder kit from them ( I use Safara for more than 2 years) without any problems, delivered within 1 week.

With Safara it seems that when they do something right, they do it right (rarely!) but when they *fruitcage* up, they take it to the next level and *fruitcage* it up ALL the way.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

• 1 month later...

Damn...they're the only people who list the G&P Tactical IR Laser as being in stock, and I was contemplating getting one from them. Their price was out of line, but I really wanted that laser. However, thanks to my minor in procrastication (who says college isn't good for anything...) I put it off. And thank God I did.

Mike...best of luck. If they're generally more OK to people who stroll into the store, perhaps there's a reason to travel up to the north of Italy sometime soon...and make them a (polite, courteous, and definitely not illegal in any way) offer they can't refuse.

I'm betting there's no way you can get official on them. In my shop we call it "creating a nexus with the service" and "acting under color of law", and it's a really good way to get a refresher course in flipping burgers.

-Chris

P.S.: I don't suppose anyone has a source for that G&P Tactical IR laser handy? PM me if you do.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

That doesn´t sound so good. I had huge plans of buying a VFC AKS-74 from safara, because it costs there only 323 euros. But when I asked some Finnish airsofters about this store, their reply sounded terrifying. One of them had to wait nearly 4 weeks for the AEG to arriwe. Some of then got wrong type on bb`s. This is a really bad situation for me, because I have only a month to get the AKS. Safara seems to have the cheapest ones. But the "customer service" ruins it all.

Trust us... safarà is not that reliable.

I can PM you another italian store where you can buy the VFC AKS-74.

But it costs 390 euros. If you want to risk the whole gun for 77 euros...

Ah, another little one: I saw a good scope from Safarà and the same scope at another cheap store was +20 euros. What's the difference? A friend of mine ordered the scope from Safarà and they added the price difference on shipping... total roughly 30 euros shipping for a scope when normally is around 10-15 euros... ;(

I've nothing personal with safarà softair, but iv'e heard so much and from so many people that are so close to me that i never dared ordering from them. Take your conclusions. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i ordered a VFC from safara on the 8 of January of 2007 i got the e-mail that my order was ready 12 of april and payed on that same day and i'm yet to receive confirmation that they received my money. the money entered there account on the 13 of april.

• 2 months later...

Most of my armory is from Safara. The problem with this shop is Internet communication. They don't know English (only the owner knows, Michelle) so I suggest to all that place the order via Internet and then call Safara and ask for Michelle. Tell him the order number and he will ship the it immediately. It is a very good shop and now I am collecting money for my next big order from him. DONT WAIT from the internet (this goes for italian people as well). They check once a month.

Sometimes give him a second call because they have lot of work and he may forget to ship in the same day. And ask him if the pistol is KSC or KWA because my USPC was supposed to be KSC and it is KWA withoud trademarks :(.

They have at least one computer in the corner right next to the sales counter plus there is always one or two guys swanning about in the shop front to pounce when anyone comes in. They could do a damn site better, but hey, lost business.

Archived