RAV and Armor...

Crispin1025

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya know Crandall got hit by one, but he lived :o

He was wearing 3 ballistic helmets, 3 ballistic goggles, and DBT's Armored warrior line of gear... he had 3 of everything :o

Ya dude, but I was still in a coma for a month!

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire two shots or only one?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .8mm Marushin Derringer, the most powerful airsoft gun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

derringerlol.jpg

When I say a plate carrier, I mean a HARD plate carrier.  A HARD plate carrier over a soft insert vest.

Agent 47, are the Blackhawk STRIKE Rapid Mobile Plate Carriers designed to be used as side protection and how bulky is wearing four hard plates (two in the vest and two in the side carriers)?

A friend gave me is BH catalog with said carrier in it, apparently, it's very new, so I don't think many have it yet - but the pic looks like it goes up near the armpits - and I guess it's going to feel a little strange, I guess, almost kinda like wearing a box - there's probably something on the plate carrier to keep it from flopping around...

about the plates - I guess they're for the authentic feel or something...(you have actual plates? )? :mellow:

It felt like.... Getting hit by a semi. In BB form. Ever seen that movie war of the worlds with tom cruise. Remember the one scene where hes like running on a bridge, and he gets picked up by an explosion and thrown? If that = X getting hit with a 8mm bb is like 9X. Srsly

I used to play PB. The ones that break hurt more than the ones that don't, and it honestly doesn't come close when being compared to 8MM bb's. Why would HeuteGegangen post " I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation Crispin. " ?? It's not like were all intwined in some elaborate plot to make a joke. These things are serious businezz

YES! You got the idea.  Soft armor all the time, hard plates when necessary!  Does the RAV vest (replicas, I guess) able to take soft armor that covers the sides?  DO you own one?  And thanks guys for stopping the flaming.

The RAV replicas come with replica soft armour as standard, I'd imagine. Foam, basically.

You could get a set of replica SAPI plates and just slide them in when you need 'em.

Wow...I am silenced in awe of the 8mm BB...

STOP MAKING FUN! He was silent for ages all because of the power of the 8mm BB, and you're making poor puns. Not funny, dude. Way past the line.

Yeah! Someone got the idea (you wished).

Ok, I am going to try once more.  Here is what I am thinking about doing.

I play on a team that really likes milsim and we have some rather intricate rules regarding armor.  Sometimes we play pistol games, and a light vest is all that I need.  At other times, I gear up with my M249 and a gazillion rounds of ammo and need the extra protection from plates for rifles, which are not in my pistol-round vest (hard plate pouches, that is). However, I still want the extra protection provided by the lightweight vest around my sides, shoulders, and neck.  While no, I will still die if I am hit by burst rifle fire in the pistol vest, often times I am hit by pistols/smg's there.  No, this is NOT using two plates and NO I am not putting the armor over the plate carrier.  I am using a lightweight bulletproof vest UNDER the RAV vest.  If there are any further question about what I am trying to do please PM me before posting so we can avoid further confusion.

Thanks,

Crispin1025

Jesus *fruitcage* Christ you total numpty.

THE PARACLETE RAV WILL ACCEPT SOFT SAPI AND HARD BALLISTIC PLATES! YOU CAN GET NECK, GROIN OR WHATEVER PROTECTORS AS AFTER MARKET PARTS! IT OFFERS THE SAME IF NOT BETTER PROTECTION THAN AN IBA!

The idea of wearing multiple plate carriers is simply ludicrous! If you've been living around real operators as you claim to have done then you would know this. For the record mate the guys you play CS with don't count as real operators.

You'll have to excuse my ranting, but it really gets my goat when a member who thinks he knows better tries lecturing the more knowledgable members of this forum when he's clearly talking *beep*.

Actual plates aren't that hard to come by, but I don't have any yet (real or otherwise).  Basically I am asking if if said carrier is for extra plates (why? becasue blackhawk already has too much time on their hands!) or for actual protection, Agent 47.

Said carrier is supposed to carry a single plate, and gives you extra plate coverage. And thus, said carrier is used in real life as protection.

Archived