tomo2323

right guys

im new here so i need some help

im 15 and have worked along time to save up for a SPR

i have now got a russian loadout so i wished to swap my gun

Teetee is a member on the forums with a good reputation as im sure some of you no.

he offerd me a swap for ..........

Tm ak47 £180

full RPK guarder convrsion kit£600

full metal body£100

real steel RPK stock hollowed out for battrey£65

i thought this was a good deal but he said he wanted a extra £200 to go with my gun

i was a little hesitant but i still thought i was getting a deal so i saved up and sold some of my belongings to fund it........

i payed him £200 via paypal and sent him my gun, he said he would send hi on the same day.

i get the package and it said it was sent 2 days after i sent my gun and money to him.

after opening the parcel i was soo angry and distresd. The gun had so many defect and things he had lied about.....

-no metal body

-the stock was not a real steel it was homade from plywood

-the front outer barrel was made out of tubing of some sort also home made

- the flashider was home made

-the pistol grip was a TM plastic one

- the handguard was two diffrent types and tones of wood also indicatiing it was homeade

basicly the thing was obviously a con it is falling apart and some parts are held together by tape

there again my gun was not perfect because he had a problem that the wireing was broken

i was genuinly sorry and had no idea of this s i offerd to have it collected from him and repaired [by zeroone airsoft] then shiped back to him at my own cost

of course now i have his gun i have no intention of doing this.

he said in a PM to me "we can always give back our guns if we dont like them".

Infact he has made no atempt to do this and has just kept saying that the gun is fine and is xactly as described!!!!!

i have complained to paypal to try and get my money back but they said no

can anyone please help because i just dont no what to do and i am very upset to think someone could con me like this :o:(

please give any advice

thankyou tom

Hi Tomo, I met teetee fairly recently to collect a purchase of him as he is in my area and everything was perfectly to spec and I've had further dealings with him since- all to spec. I also had the pleasure of going through his gun collection- and he showed me the RPK. It does have the parts fitted as specified- metal body etcetera. Although yes the pistol grip I wasn't aware of as being wood but maybe he just made a mistake there. The stock is real RPK stock too- he was saying his friend gets real AK parts and modifies them for aisoft- by, in the case of the stock hollowing it out to house a battery.

well there deffinatley is NO metal body now

i have video evidence

also the front end is a mess and the stock isnt real as you can see it is made out of laminated plywood which a realone is not

he may have taken the parts off the gun and sold it to me diffrent

anyway it still doesnt explain why he will not reply to vast amounts of pm's and he wont reverse the deal like he said he would

I had bad dealings with Teetee aswell. Was going to buy a Custom made M4 off him, sent him the cash on a Tuesday (£240) via paypal and waited and waited. I sent him a Pm on the Thursday asking him what was going on and i recieved another PM on the Friday and said he was greasing the gear box up and closed the gun up and the RIS rail cut the battery wire in half. He said i could still have the gun at a discounted price or have a full refund (which was nice of him to be honest) so i took the refund because i thought i may aswell just buy a new ICS M4. In the 4 hours he was online at this time i sent him 4 pm's asking him to refund me the money, only when i said i needed the money to order my new gun and i didnt recieve it by the same time the next day would i get some legal advice, he sent me the refund along with a snotty email. I dont know whether it was pay pal taking there time or what but im not going to deal with him again. Thats just me anyway.

Cheers

First of all, apologies for not replying earlier. I'm a bit steamed up about this complaint and didn't want to rant off last night and wanted to collect my thoughts. Tom, I appreciate your young age and the time and work it took to save up to maintain your airsoft hobby.

Picture of the RPK in question (this, and other pictures were sent to Tom prior to the swap):

myrpk.JPG

there again my gun was not perfect because he had a problem that the wireing was broken

i was genuinly sorry and had no idea of this s i offerd to have it collected from him and repaired [by zeroone airsoft] then shiped back to him at my own cost

I first of all am offended that you send me a broken gun that does not fire, then have the nerve to complain about the RPK I have sent you. I have spent some of my own good money to replace the motor (which, mind you was a Classic Army motor in a G&P SPR?!?) and to change some of the wiring to get it firing consistently. Please justify sending me a gun that needed obvious repair to it?

I'm sorry if the RPK is not in the 'brand new' condition you naively believed it to be. Yes, the screw points have been used and it does have a scratch or two on it. It was never ever advertised as new.

1) It is a metal body (the upper half). Take a look at the picture provided, and notice the scratch on the top part of the body. I have never seen plastic scratch down to a metallic surface.

2) The stock is real steel and not plywood. It has been hollowed out and cannot be expected to be as solid as the real deal. I'm sorry if you haven't noticed, but the battery must go somewhere and the stock was hollowed out to provide space for such.

3) I don't see how you can prove this. I live in a flat, I didn't 'home make' any part of this gun in any way. I wish I was half that technically capable.

4) See point 3.

5) Have you taken it apart to check? I personally never did, yet was always lead to believe that it was a hollowed out formed wood grip. If it is indeed a stock TM grip I'll make it a point to provide you with a wood one as promised.

6) See point 3 (what part of the gun do you not think is homemade?!)

I have spent far too much time, energy, and funds on the SPR to simply return it to you repaired with a new TM motor in it. I'm not in the business of repairing strangers AEGs then getting accused on the forums by them.

I even threw in the AK sling and didn't mind it one bit. Then I receive an SPR that required work to get it firing. Am I really supposed to take this claim seriously? I have a hard time doing so.

Dickens - You got your money entirely refunded to you within 4 hours of notifying me! Furthermore, you said that you did "not want your money in the hands of a sheister" which resulted in my 'snotty' email. I do not take kindly to insults. If you have a problem with me taking 4 hours to refund your money, please put up a thread about it. I'm sure it'll be 'resolved' quite quickly.

Dickens - You got your money entirely refunded to you within 4 hours of notifying me! Furthermore, you said that you did "not want your money in the hands of a sheister" which resulted in my 'snotty' email. I do not take kindly to insults. If you have a problem with me taking 4 hours to refund your money, please put up a thread about it. I'm sure it'll be 'resolved' quite quickly.

[/i]

Why the hell would i start a thread about it? And secondly the 'matter' WAS 'resolved' it just annoyed me that you was obviously online and not replying to my PM's! I was just explaining my situation to Tom.

Thank you

Dickens

metaltopcover.jpg

ok well look the top cover is the bit with the scratch [see above]

ALL TM GUNS HAVE METAL TOP COVERS!!!

there is no other metal on the body as you clearly stated there was a G&P metal kit in a pm.

The SPR was a genuine problem and i offerd to have it fixed at my expense.

I have also offer to have the gun collected Free of charge and his gun sent back to him. I have also offer to pay for the wireing but not the motor as there was nothing wrong with it!!

Also i have offerd to pay for the paypal fees and all shipping so he wont be a penny short

i see nothing else i can do as he wont reply to my pm's

I have now spoken to my dad and decided to take legal action

any comments would be much apriciated

tom

I would just suggest that you put up all the pm's (specifically relating to the metal body) If a G&P one was advertised and one was not recieved then that is obviously something that needs to be resolved.

To be fair it sounds like 6 of one....... but without all the information i.e. the PMs it would be hard to make an educated guess.

Hi Tom,

Sorry for not getting back to you, been busy all weekend. About the RPK:

- Tokyo Marui internals with a Hurricane M100 Tune Up Kit installed

- Guarder RPK wood kit

- Real RPK stock hollowed out to fit a mini/PEQ battery

- G&P AK47 metal body

It's sturdy as hell, the bipod latches on and holds very well. I don't know what more to say, it's a collectors item and great skirmish weapon in one. I'd be looking for quite a bit more cash on top of your SPR, as the RPK kit alone costs 500-600quid (http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=AK05).

Let me know if you're still interested and maybe we can work something out.

regards,

Jack

there is the pm clarifiying what the package includes

This does seem to come down to a tragic misunderstanding along with a questionable degree of accuracy in advertising.

It would appear that both of you have some blame to share in these proceedings. By a 'metal body' 99% percent of the airsofting population understand this to refer on an AK to the lower receiver (the element which tomo appears to be complaining about).

I will not express my personal sentiment on this matter, but for the record I have never encountered an AK variant ever sold with a 'metal body' that referred just to the upper receiver cover.

If I were to look at any advert offering an AK or AK variant with a metal body, I would interprete this as referring to the AK having a lower receiver. I believe just about every other forum member would assume as much.

However, I would also clarify such an issue if unsure prior to purchasing. I would also not send a broken rifle unless making it clear this was the case.

thanks for the input

i am genuinely sorry about sending the rifle as non working

i was so sorry i said to have the rifle collected and repaired free of charge

as for the metal if he states it has a G&P metal body i would not have thought that he ment the top cover

the wooden grips at the fron are deffinatley not guarder as they are diffrent types off wood

the outer barell is so loose it needs repairing as the screw has no thread left on it it has been taped on with insulating tape!!

the thing is a mess and is not guarder also why is the pistol grip a TM plastic one???

This does seem to come down to a tragic misunderstanding along with a questionable degree of accuracy in advertising.

It would appear that both of you have some blame to share in these proceedings. By a 'metal body' 99% percent of the airsofting population understand this to refer on an AK to the lower receiver (the element which tomo appears to be complaining about).

I will not express my personal sentiment on this matter, but for the record I have never encountered an AK variant ever sold with a 'metal body' that referred just to the upper receiver cover.

If I were to look at any advert offering an AK or AK variant with a metal body, I would interprete this as referring to the AK having a lower receiver. I believe just about every other forum member would assume as much.

However, I would also clarify such an issue if unsure prior to purchasing. I would also not send a broken rifle unless making it clear this was the case.

Thanks for your clarification Marlowe.

I'm sorry if I mislead you to believe that the lower section of the AK was metal. I believed since the top half was, that the bottom half was. I'm not very familiar with AKs, see my sig - I'm an Armalite enthusiast. I would offer to purchase you a new metal body (or provide you the funds to do so) but I'm hard pressed to do so when I had to perform repairs on the gun I received. The many other unfound claims of me 'conning' you also doesn't help the situation.

I honestly don't know where to go from here. I had to repair an AEG that did not fire, and you received a gun lacking a metal part which was promised. I propose we each do the necessary 'changes' to the AEGs (as I did) and leave it at that. I'll take suggestions from moderators into strong consideration as well.

No problems, and I'm sorry to have to intervene. I just felt if I commented it might cool things off a little and at least see if some reasonable compromise could be struck between the two of you before things had to resort to messy (and costly) legal action.

I would advise that the best thing you can possibly do is work out between the two of the monetary amount by which you both feel you are owed.

In this case I would suggest that this could best be worked out by comparing the cost of the additional parts which were stated but which tomo did not receive against the costs incurred for teetee in having to repair the weapon.

In all circumstances I would advise, so that there are no calls of foul play, provide as much evidence as possible (eg a receipt for parts in the case of the rifle which needed repair, a mutually confirmed list of the parts which were stated to be sold with the RPK.)

Edit: As tomo has suggested, a swap of both guns - in the exact state in which they were received by both parties - could also be considered. I did not suggest this as I was not aware this would be an option which would appeal to either party.

I hope that helps. I'm happy to adjudicate or to request another moderator do the same if you should feel it necessary, but please bear in mind that I'm a merely a teacher by profession, rather than a legal expert - I leave that to my girlfriend. ;)

Tom, we've already discussed this, and I'm not willing to do a reverse swap after troubleshooting and fixing the problem with the SPR. Also, what guarantee do I have of the condition of my RPK after it's been with someone so unhappy with it?

I'm willing to compensate you with the cost of an AK metal body minus the cost of a used TM motor and an hour of standard Airsoft shop charges. Deciding this won't be easy, but it's available as an option.

If that's not ok with you, then we'll have to sort out another arrangement.

thanks mate i very much apreiciate this

well a metal mody would be £100

and a guarder pistol grip i dont belive you can buy ?

id prefer teetee to put the gun back as it was [except for the wireing which i would pay for] the we give eachother our guns back

if totally necesseray i may even be able to meet up and collect the gun if my dad agrees

i dont see why he doesnt want to reverse the swap as im willing to pay for all costs shipping etc.

any other opinions much apriciated

i also do not want this to go with legal action as it will be a time consuming process

tom

Archived