Full metal/modern IMI Uzi

Jett

I've been searching the 'net and this site but I'm having trouble.

I woke up after a really cool/horrible dream involving a firefight with Uzi's and I decided I really wanted one (which happens with alarming regularity). I tracked down a Marui Uzi through Z1 but it really suffers from being old and plastic and has left me sorely wanting.

My questions are thus: Does anyone make a more modern version? A GBB perhaps? Can you get metal kits or add-ons to make the Marui version more realistic? What do I have to do, where do I go and what will I have to pay?

I don't mind a Mini Uzi but I'm not interested in a Micro.

Any ideas?

Thank's in advance...

KWC makes a great GBB Mini Uzi. It requires a couple of simple and cheap modifications to be skirmishable though. The main body is plastic, with licenced trades and unique serial number, but the upper receiver, stock and many other parts are metal. Kick, power and realism makes it great. And I own one, so I'm not just talking out of my *albatross*.

Yes, there are one that's actually just came out, made by HFC. It's a full metal version, which uses gas. I find this really cool, but others maybe have a other opinion. I think RedWolf got it in stock. It is named HFC T77, so just search on that on RedWolf.

The KWC Mini-Uzi is way over UK power limits though. Also you won't be able to empty a full mag on full auto. It drains the CO2 cartridge and leaves about 10 bbs left. It is incredibly fun to shoot however :)

I've got a TM Uzi as well, but it broke a spur and sector gear shortly after I got it, so it's been sitting in a corner looking cool since then. I believe Dentrinity may still stock a full metal TM Uzi? I recall seeing one there a few years ago, price tag upwards of $600USD however.

I wish one of the big companies would at least release some beefier internals for them. Once I get mine fixed I'll never be able to trust it again :angry:

The KWC Mini-Uzi is way over UK power limits though. Also you won't be able to empty a full mag on full auto. It drains the CO2 cartridge and leaves about 10 bbs left. It is incredibly fun to shoot however  :)

First part aboy FPS is correct.. however do the piston modd, and it'll rattle out a full mag... still no use if it's too powerful though!

Wow! Great feedback, guys!

Okay,

Carbine, thanks. I haven't found anywhere that's still selling the Zeke kits and I've never even seen a GBB one! Arrived too late to airsoft again!

T@uRuS, cheers but that's really more like an M11 and not what I'm after but thanks for the info!

BakaBox, thank you. Where did you get yours from? The KWC Mini UZI is the best I've found so far but like you're all saying, too powerfull! (It'd look bad-damn-*albatross* strapped to your back though!)

How come in an age of AKM's, MP7's and SOPMOD's there ain't nobody doing a decent Uzi?

So what's the verdict? Get a TM Uzi and completely rebuild the internals? Or buy three of them and throw them away when they break? :P

Unfortunately there's no rebuilding you can do internally. I have spare parts on the way, but they're coming from a junked gun. Dentrinity sells a few parts, I contacted some other big-name distributors (WGCshop, Redwolf, UNCompany, Tokyo-Model), they all said they don't stock Uzi parts.

If you NEVER dry fire the thing, NEVER pull the trigger while it's on safe (the thing has a habit of breaking), use a 7.2v or 8.4v only, and don't open the gearbox, it should give you good service. Like I said I'm nervous because mine has already broken. I've got a friend in HK who was trying to source parts for me, and the verdict he sent me was 'The Uzi is just not popular over here'

TM Uzi if fooking fantastic... if you keep it stock and don;t touch it it will last forever.

My mate had one and he may aswell have given it to me, i used it that much... it was so nice... i hate him now... he sold it to fund a project.

From all accounts I've heard them to be utterly reliable, mine must just be a fluke. Once I get new gears in there and double/triple check TM's shimming I'm going to bolt it back up and hope for the best. My only complaint is the trigger guard, it seems like it protrudes a bit too low to feel right in my hand. You get used to it, I suppose. I really want to play some games with it, it will be a big change from lugging around my 10.5lbs AUG (4.75kilos for the metric folks).

Oh yes, by the way...if you've never looked into a V5 gearbox... :blink: Don't.

uzimechbox1.jpg

Cheers exoframe2, I think I'll have to stick with a stock TM one and suspend belief. (I've been spoiled with metal Guarder stuff you see.)

DEN Trinity are selling a full-metal non-firing UZI but it's $365 and that's a little much for something I'm going to have to open up and strip to use in a skirmish. Plus there's no guarentee it'll work anyway...

I guess I'll just have to offer up a sacrifice to the AEG Gods for ICS to get around to making one! <_<

It worked with the AK74...

on the KWC it is possible to get the power down

1 convert its mags to green gas

2 do the 'o' ringed piston mod

3 then restrict the flow on the gas release valve by making the outlet holes smaller (ie the opposite of a high flow valve) - fill the existing holes and redril at a smaller size

Depending on how small you make the holes you can chop the FPS down significantly The one I've got was sitting at 310 to 270 FPS on 0.2g bbs with a temporary bodge of the valve last time i tested it (and easily dumped a mags worth of bbs down the barrel on auto with gas left over for a few shots more)

Lack of a spare mag to do a permanent mod on has stopped me going back to it in the meantime (got two on order now from different shops so Im hoping at least one will turn up soon) Once the valve is modded it really needs a few more tweaks elsewhwere to try and get the shot to shot consistency narrowed down, but i dont plan on tackling that till ive got a permanently modded valve.

stevie

Full Metal Uzi

Here's the one I mean. I believe that is the Zeke kit. I saw one for sale on a forum at some point in the past year, but they are quite rare now. Out of stock though.

Techie rant- Regarding the version 5 gearbox, there are some nice advances evident in the design. 4 anti-reversal notches instead of the standard 2, a metal rack gear to push the piston rather than molded teeth in a plastic or nylon piston. It also manages to fit a barrel about 20mm longer than an MP5 in a much shorter package. The plastic gearbox case though...but I haven't heard of one breaking.

Archived