AK Bullpup

Jett

as far as i know, it all depends on whther the parts have been used before, and what parts they are.

but im not an expert on the law, Trapper "using real RPK's" could just mean "yeah we put the front site off an RPK on and make the rest up".

what i have realised is Trapper isn't exactly held in high regard by the die hard AK crowd.........

Fair do's. I'm quickly realising that I'm gonna have to try and make do with what I can with this topic and if that's TI then so be it.

All/any info will be greatly recieved - the point of this thread in the first place anyway!

Cheers, Screamin'

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've reserrected this topic because I have now got a Bullpup AK and I wanted to show it off and post a few pics/some info on the build.

Here goes:

Bullpub1.jpg

It's a Smokey's Bullpup AK conversion kit (bought 2nd hand) fitted onto a G&P metal body (folding stock type). I've added a Hot-dot, TDI Foregrip and a PBS-1 silencer. It's got a Star AK-74 mid-cap inserted in these pics.

Bullpub2.jpg

As you can see it looks *beep*-hot. However I have to admit that there is a fair amount of black duct tape used in this build. The Smokey's kit suffers a bit from loose fitting parts and the stop rattles, creaks ect I've had to use foam and tape to secure all the insides.

Bullpup3.jpg

Anyway, I think this is as close as I'm going to get to my Ukrainian Vepr. I'm really, really pleased with it and dispite a few niggles (the main one being the gearbox is right underneath your ear when firing) this is one of the best airsoft weapons I've ever used.

Any questions about this little beast, PM me!

Jett

Indeed, Bullzebub.

It's a really simple way of moving the trigger down to the front of the rifle without having tio do anything scary with the internals. The rod has a plastic wheel on it which sits in the trigger where your finger would go (under what is now the rear stock). All that happens is when you pull the front frigger the rod moves backwards and the wheel pulls the (real) trigger. Quite clever really.

Back on topic for a bit; I recently spoke to the guys at Trapper and asked if they could convert a Type 86 Bullpup de-act into an airsoft version. They said "er... maybe".

They also said it would cost around £600. They'd also have to machine a new body and it would take a few months R&D. They mentioned that I could use my existing 'K which would drop the price somewhat.

Which means they'll be phoning up every metal worker they know, asking if they could make the right bodies, to fit the right gearbox, etc etc etc....

if its a one off, expect it to be more, as well. any self respecting metal worker has a standard pricing system, the more you want, the cheaper it is.

for example, one PBS silencer. just one. would cost me something like £1200, becuase of setting the machines up, the different tools, getting such a little about of material in, anodizing such a small peice by its self, stripping the machine down again... etc etc.

if i order 50, they're about £45.

you realise converting de-acts is illegal ?

Yep, Weasel's hit it on the head there, converting De-acs ARE ilegal. no two ways about it. if it's been a live round firing gun, and then de-activated, you cannot make it fire anything ever again.

Not according to Trapper it isn't. They make AEG's from genuine RPK's, AKSU's, Valmet's and Onyx's. They're all for sale on their site.

Or maybe I should shut up now...

They're not made from De-Acs :)

they're made from Inerts. Guns that have never been guns like the Yunkers Air rifles. they're factory de-activated, meaning they dont have a firing pin, bored chamber, etc etc etc. perfectly legal to make guns from inerts :)

as far as i know, it all depends on whther the parts have been used before, and what parts they are.

but im not an expert on the law, Trapper "using real RPK's" could just mean "yeah we put the front site off an RPK on and make the rest up".

what i have realised is Trapper isn't exactly held in high regard by the die hard AK crowd.........

Just look at the VSS for cryin' out loud. :wide-eyed:

Okay, I've reserrected this topic because I have now got a Bullpup AK and I wanted to show it off and post a few pics/some info on the build.

Here goes:

It's a Smokey's Bullpup AK conversion kit (bought 2nd hand) fitted onto a G&P metal body (folding stock type). I've added a Hot-dot, TDI Foregrip and a PBS-1 silencer. It's got a Star AK-74 mid-cap inserted in these pics.

As you can see it looks *beep*-hot. However I have to admit that there is a fair amount of black duct tape used in this build. The Smokey's kit suffers a bit from loose fitting parts and the stop rattles, creaks ect I've had to use foam and tape to secure all the insides.

Anyway, I think this is as close as I'm going to get to my Ukrainian Vepr. I'm really, really pleased with it and dispite a few niggles (the main one being the gearbox is right underneath your ear when firing) this is one of the best airsoft weapons I've ever used.

Any questions about this little beast, PM me!

Jett

Yay! lovely PBS!

the most unique application i've seen of it so far...

apart from a P90 that is :)

Cheers for clearing those few odds and ends up, Tink. I knew I was missing something somewhere with the whole de-ac / replica / conversion / airsoft thing.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be spending £700 with Trapper now I've found this thing!

• 3 years later...

Archived