black hawk down

blade3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize the discussion here is on what they wore in the movie but I figured I'd post this anyway...

This is a display from the JFK Special Warfare Museum on the equipment used by Delta in '93. Apparently all/most of the operators had custom tailored vests made inhouse.

somalia93rig.jpg

Huh. Three color desert? I always thought (many pics from that time proves it) that they wore the Chocolate chip camo.

Is that the Aimpoint 1000? (or 7000?)

Throat mics? Interesting.

Yes, that does look like PT body armor. In front of it looks almost like BHI's chest rig.

Huh. Three color desert? I always thought (many pics from that time proves it) that they wore the Chocolate chip camo.

For the he'met covers, yeah. But DCU's were issue uni's by then.

Alta is a 20 year old company, so it's possible they were there. Can't tell if Hatch was around or not. That long ago, they coulda been Rector.

I'm sure I'm sounding like a broken record, but I gotta repeat it again: The Battle of Mogadishu happened in October of 1993. That's 13 years ago. The state of the art in what the Rangers use now-much less CAG, who get pretty much whatever they want, and are currently running the RAV-has changed several times. I don't really understand the desire to replicate the obsolete gear when current stuff is both cooler and easier to source. Just gotta point that out for anyone who doesn't realize how long ago that was.

Haji, I'm replicating from the movie, not the actual event.

They used BHI OMEGA vests in the movie (Omegas are pretty modern and still used today) and H and Y harnesses (the H's improved on is still being made by BHI).

So replicating gear from the movie isn't "obselete" gear.

Plus, I'm already getting an Eagle PC w/ Cummerbund. ;)

(Omegas are pretty modern and still used today)

By who? Airsofters don't count. :D I haven't stocked assault vests in my showroom for more than a year.

You are, of course, free to do whatever you want. To me, its almost like replicating something seen in a video game, which I don't understand. If you enjoy it, do it. Just make sure you get good quality pics of it (i.e. keep the fence out of the photos! :D )

I dont know exactly why I'm posting htis picture as you really cant tell what i'm wearing or doing for that fact. But this is my cross between Shughart and a modern soldier... (The cross over is a result of the fact that delta really make their own outfit... hence the 1993 style look with MARPAT)

Me.jpg

The gearlist is largely incomplete as I'm missing several Items, but as you can see from the front its more of a "unique look." I'm more of a Budget Gear ###### in the fact that I'd like everythign except the MARPAT to be as close as possible. (MARPAT is the best cammo for my area, US Army woodland can be too dark at times and ACU is way to bright for the midwest forests, Flecktarn is also too dark and DPM I havent even tried to see someone in (No offense to the brits of course, its just not as easy to get ahold of I guess?))

Gearlist can be posted if requested but I'm not gonna spend the wee hours of the morning typing up my gearlist again :)

Archived