Put up posts about Airsoft being used in a commercial advertisement and they disappeared.They weren't advertisements as they were information regarding the use of Airsoft in a commercial, to our knowledge a first in Airsoft. Please advise...

Where are you looking?

And I'd prefer it if people didn't *badgeress* when their threads get deleted for breaking the rules, but we don't always get what we want.

They were flagrantly commercial, advertising the posters company, Summit lake films. Yes, that's right, the company that did the filming, advertisng their website.

Past Summit Lake productions have included such celebrities and athletes as William Shatner, and Tony Hawk and have been featured in several North American Film Festivals. Summit Lake Entertainment also produces short films and is always developing additional film projects.

Attached Image

For more information go to:

(North America) www.advertising.com

or (Elsewhere) www.advertising.com

or

www.SummitLakeFilms.com

Email XXXX@summitlakefilms.com or stay tuned to this website.

In addition, you were also advertising the motorcyles used

Jim Hugnin, owner of the Ural used in the filming, added a Classic Army SAW to the sidecar for his son and others to enjoy. “As soon as I saw the Ural, I knew I had to get one and add a machine gun on that bad-boy,” remembered Hugnin “And the players loved it!” he continued. Ural’s Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Madina Merzhoyeva, agrees. “Airsofter's and Ural’s motorcycles are a great mix. You can be everyone’s envy while you’re playing and while you’re riding to work,” Madina added.

Flagrant Commercial advertising without Admin approval = deletion.

Finally, posting the same thing in two separate areas is creating a duplicate thread.

All in all, not a good start.

Any more questions?

Ghost Rider-

I am not trying to cause any problems. Normally I would send the info to Arnie, but he is busy and posted on the news page to post news in the news section while he was away.

I posted it in "General" because as it says "This is the place to discuss all things to do with, or related to, Airsoft." If you feel I am promoting my website, that is fine I can remove the links to the slf site, I'd rather people watch it on the Ural site anyways.

Again not wanting any problems, just feel we're being unfairly judged. This is a huge positive step for Airsoft, that an International non-Airsoft company is recognizing Airsoft as a hobby/sport. That helps battle politicians that want to pigeon hole Airsoft as a "fringe" hobby used only by wackos and gun nuts.

PS **That was the Press Release that was posted**

Edited by SummitLakeFilms
Ghost Rider-

Again not wanting any problems, just feel we're being unfairly judged. This is a huge positive step for Airsoft, that an International non-Airsoft company is recognizing Airsoft as a hobby/sport. That helps battle politicians that want to pigeon hole Airsoft as a "fringe" hobby used only by wackos and gun nuts.

I don't see how.It was a flagrant commercial post, both of your site and the motorcycle, without Admin approval.

Normally I would send the info to Arnie, but he is busy and posted on the news page to post news in the news section while he was away.

I've just gone through the news page, and i see no such announcement, nor was such a change in policy notified to us.

Your post broke the rules.

It got deleted.

End of.

If you'd bothered to search, you would have seen that we have TWO admins you could have gone to for approval.

Feel free to submit it through the proper channels.

Update....

I have received a PM from this thread-starter and have approved a future post providing that no commercial entity that the user has business interests in is advertised on the forums.

As such, he/she can post to inform other Airsofters of the use of Airsoft in the media, but cannot advertise, promote or support the products or services offered by any commercial entity related to such information on this occasion.