Which CIRAS to get?

rasheem

could that be why iot's called maritime version ;)

When it comes down to it, replica gear is perfect for airsofting IMHO, you're only using once or twice a week, not 7 days a week or so like real forces do.

The phantom ciras is great if you ask me, just read my first post in this thread, both me and my 2ic of my team have the maritime version and we love it.

Tim

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, hey go easy on the gearn00b ;p

that's why i asked...

I wanna get something decent but affordable, yet accurate this time around, not the 500$ tag i saw on one of them websites :blink:

in that case, i'd rather go replica and get an AEG while im at it lol

well, looking at that set, it's nice, but there is one thing missing.

i'd really want a plate that goes above that aswell, so i can put one of them fancy admin pouches on there with flag, reflector tape etc.

edit: oh wait, just noticed the bib !

edit: looking on lightfighter, the STRIKE Commando Recon Vest looks pritty hot to, and with the shouldder straps, easier to wear maybe? anything else like that around?

The BHI CRCH (I shall refrain from BHI vs. Eagle copyright comments :P) is a great rig, and you can purchase a rear plate carrier for it. Well priced and universal, you can't go wrong.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Ok, I'm going to get a Phantom one, but for quite a bit of a lower price than Redwolf :P

But...

Which one? Land Version or Maritime? Land version LOOKS nicer with the front flap, but the positioning of the maritime's quick release looks nicer...

Soo...can anyone tell me whether to get the Maritime or Land version?

(I do do an impression of MEU...)

It would appear from comments by serving troops & photo's that quite a few maritime units have been (at least in part) been issued Land version Ciras.

Seemingly the chaps going on their first SEALs deployment received brand new Land type vests. Probably because there was an available pool of this type around at the time (they were up a mountain too!).

I admit I ordered the Maritime model but mainly because it looks easier to fasten as it doesn't have a full external cummerbund. This was something I found a pain on my Paraclete carrier. However the Eagle cummerbunds are much stiffer and don't flop about as much when undone so they are easier to do up and rely on velcro not a zipper (which is a pain to line up under larger pouches) so it shouldn't be a problem.

Either style seems to be okay for a Marine/Navy based loadout. ;) TWK.

Either style seems to be okay for a Marine/Navy based loadout. ;) TWK.

Darn it! Now I'm stuck again! :P

Thanks for the very informative post though!

The land version does look nicer without pouches...but I don't really intend it to be used that way!

I'll most probably stick with the maritime version.

The CIRAS isn't even a CIRAS - it's best described as a CIRAV, with bits from both the CIRAS and RAV.

Looks hideous IMHO but whatever floats your boat :P

Let me just say, if ever payed £144 for a piece of kit, I wouldn't *fruitcage* get replica stuff. That's just wrong.

Hey go easy LOL

Ive got one and there pretty good and yes it may be a mix of two vests but it does works you know. Dont knock it till you've tried it, thats all ill say....

Dickens

OK guys, I have a brand new Eagle Ind. CIRAS (Maritime version, size Mediem) in front of me, minus pouches and plates. Some quick questions:

- What plate size is recommended?

- What brand of pouches should I get? (selection/price, I am a SAW gunner)

OK guys, I have a brand new Eagle Ind. CIRAS (Maritime version, size Mediem) in front of me, minus pouches and plates. Some quick questions:

- What plate size is recommended? 

- What brand of pouches should I get? (selection/price, I am a SAW gunner)

The plate size, is probably written on their homepage, (seen it before), fore what size of CIRAS you have gotten.

Fore pouches go with the same color :P , and go all out with saw pouches from Eagle, can´t be wrong.

Hopes it helps

-Alex

Welcome to the club Thrasher, I just got my Eagle CIRAS Land Version in Large today too :)

The Medium CIRAS fits S, M, L, and XL SAPI/BALCS plates. Med 9.5x12.5" SAPI BALCS plate size max (I think it's max..)

As for pouches, if you have the cash, go for Eagle MLCS pouches, you cannot beat them. I'm going for mostly HSGI pouches (rifleman config) and TAG SAW pouches for my M249.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

I'm curious as to what the differences are between the Land and Maritime version...all I've noticed is the different placement of the quick release ring but what other differences exist?

Also, which Special Forces units use the Land version and which use the Maritime version?

I'm curious as to what the differences are between the Land and Maritime version...all I've noticed is the different placement of the quick release ring but what other differences exist?

Also, which Special Forces units use the Land version and which use the Maritime version?

...read.

About a page back.

Hey go easy LOL

Ive got one and there pretty good and yes it may be a mix of two vests but it does works you know. Dont knock it till you've tried it, thats all ill say....

Dickens

So how is the build quality on them then? like the seems and stuff? care to write up a little review?

Co's looking at the various chestrigs out there, i'd say i like the looks of the bulle one better the say the TT one, plus it already had the bib and better shoulderstraps it seems

Marines in CIRAS

marinesinciras6iu.jpg

If you can prove those are US Marines I'll eat my honorable discharge. Marines don't wear baseball caps, and Marines don't wear patches on their shoulders (rarely a US flag or some UN garbage when joint ops requires it). I also can't see Marines being issued EOTech scopes either, unless the Army threw out a couple dozen and someone went dumpster diving for them.

Those are some sorta SF guys, on a boat so probably squids. Not US Marines though.

Sorry to get off topic...

Archived