KJW Full Metal P226 w trademarks Review

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent review.

Yesterday- a pretty hot day, I used green gas after exposing my KJ P226 mag to the heat for a good 20 mins. <_<

Well guess what happened? Yep, the loading muzzle broke. A little bit of plastic landed on my hand. I ignored it in denial because I love this pistol but of course exactly what you described in your review happened. Green gas in hot conditions is pushing it a bit! :(

It is only after reading your review that I know what went wrong. I've now ordered the Guarder enhanced muzzle. THANK YOU!!! :)

BTW- I have no idea how to change it. Could I be so cheeky as to ask for any guide or point me to some instructions?

Thanks from a very relieved KJW P226 owner!

BR

Tony :bye1

i've been playing w it all day today (at 70 deg F) and I can pull off the entire mag and still have gas left.

One update about the gun is that, it seems the piece that broke in my loading muzzle might occur more frequenly w the KJ guns (so far I've heard 2 cases).  It's not a big problem, but I recommend getting the Guarder enhanced loading muzzle as a backup piece when you buy the gun.

Absolutely right. Mine went yesterday. This is a beautiful pistol but clearly the muzzle is a weak point the KJW should address. Still easily fixed with a relatively cheap and widely available Guarder replacement.

I'd hoghly recommend the KJW- awsome full metal action. BUT, as recommended above- buy the Guarder muzzle! to avoid that sinking feeling of "my toy is broke"!

Does anyone know of have any guides about changing the muzzle? I think a guide to share with all KJW P226 owners would be great.

Thanks & BR

Tony

man, people love to revive this thread. :P

It's not very difficult to change out the muzzle, but do be careful w losing small parts. Look at the manual and get a good idea where each part is supposed to go. All you are doing is replacing pt 12.

Starting w unscrewing pt #10 (the small screws) to separate the main blowback housing (#3) from the slide. and then just slide each part out individually. Be careful w #9 (the tiny spring) and #8 from flying off, it's not screwed into anything, only held inplace by tension. Also pay attention on how #8 & #9 are placed so you'll remember when you put everything back together. I don't think i had to mess around w pts 5-7. The muzzle (#12) along w #11-15 should slide out of the housing. unscrew #11 and #13-15 should all be able to come out. Again be careful w the spring flying off. Replace #12 w the new muzzle. Squirt generous amt of silicon oil on the inside and out. then put #13-15 back in order. Here's the tricky part: w #15, you have to line up the screw hole w the hold on #12 in order to screw #11 back and secure everything. Now, put #11-15 back into the housing (#3) and put everything back into the slide. Don't forget to put #8 and #9 back as well. Screw #10s back on and you are done. When you put the slide back on, rack it back and forth a couple times, and squirt more oil onto the muzzle if it keeps stickin out when the slide is cocked back (it happens alot initially). Enjoy your "new" gun.

Edited by [VT]Mofo2000

Same happens to the TM mag, no big deal. Just tighten the long screw going up the bottom of the mag. Or, remove the screw, take the two halves apart, lube the rubber seal, put two halves together again, insert screw, and tighten it. Fixed.

no, the leaking they're referring to is from the middle of the mag, from where the separates. mine leaks after i fire the 30+ shots through the mag. it gets really cold, and hisses at me, even after lubing it up.

anyone know what kind of metal the frame & slide are made out of? is it pot metal or is it something polishable?

no, the leaking they're referring to is from the middle of the mag, from where the separates. mine leaks after i fire the 30+ shots through the mag. it gets really cold, and hisses at me, even after lubing it up.

anyone know what kind of metal the frame & slide are made out of? is it pot metal or is it something polishable?

i figured out a way to solve that problem where the gas leaks out from the middle part of the mag. unscrew and separate the bottom. get some Teflon Tape and give it 1-2 wrap around the square oring, just enough so you can put the mag back together. i did that to my mag and i never experience any leak since. for a more secure seal, i also took electrical tape and wrap around the middle part of the magazine.

Edited by al3x

here's another alternative. Silcone gel, not spray, gel. you can get it at Lowes or Walmart. Mine's used for sealing fish tanks. Anyway, same prob occurred w one of my mags. I opened it apart, applied the gel around the oring area, then around edge where the two halves of the mag meets. Then close the mag and tighten the screw. Wipe of the excess gel that's been squeezed out of the mag. Let it dry over night, and bam, new seal for your mag.

• 2 weeks later...

i ended up using some teflon tape, just about the same time you posted al3x.

theres a new issue though, if you take off the slide, you'll see the trigger-bar that slides back and forth when you pull the trigger. you'll also see a semi-circular vertical extension, which the slide acts on. this allows the trigger-bar to disengage from the mechanism that drops the hammer [don't know the name yet, haven't stripped it down that far].

now the problem is... there's a spring that pushes it vertically, covered by the right grip. i've fired about 700-800 rounds through the pistol, and not every pull is releasing the hammer because i think the spring has gotten weak. most initial single action shots won't connect, but subsequent ones will, as well as when i fire rapidly. on the other hand, almost all double action shots will work. when i use my finger in lieu of the spring, no issues.

anyone else have this issue? if i can't figure out a fix, i'm gonna post in technical forum, but for now, its just annoying.

if anyone wants to see pictures, reply or pm me, and i'll post them up

Great review :D first of all.

I've had my KJW P226 for about 2 months now and I've used it once...it seems as tho i may have a lemon.

To answer some earlier questions: the gun definitely, positively, for sure has a hop-up.

The guarder replacement part for the muzzle, is as well compatible with the TM model (also Part no. 12 (which is what i have in mine because it broke too!)) and TM has an upgrade part (slightly stronger it seems)

I found my spare mags, if anyone is still looking from ehobbyasia at their ebay stores.

Thanks again for the review, I agree with what was said, solid gun and beautiful - even without the trades :( . I've gotta keep working on mine to fix the onslaught of problems, but don't be discouraged to buy one as I am the only case that I've heard of for so many micro problems.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...