Reposting info with better titles

This may be a stupid idea, but i've noticed that quite a lot of the time, useful info is buried either in a thread with a gazillion pages or in one that has an ambiguous title (from a searching point of view). When someone's asking for information that's on the forums already, often, only those who've been on the forums a long time or posted in a pertinant thread will know where to find it.

Anyway, the actual idea/question is: is it ok to repost/collate info into a new thread that has relevant (and therefore searchable title). I'm not sure who'd do this really. Anyone who can be bothered i guess, but i was thinking those who search for the info and found that it was a pain in the *albartroth* to find or if a thread has come to some kind of helpful conclusion, someone who was involved in it.

I hope that makes sense, i have a tendency to ramble a bit (and i can't stop using brackets!)

Edited by FJ2 - Kaye
This may be a stupid idea, but i've noticed that quite a lot of the time, useful info is buried either in a thread with a gazillion pages or in one that has an ambiguous title (from a searching point of view). When someone's asking for information that's on the forums already, often, only those who've been on the forums a long time or posted in a pertinant thread will know where to find it.

Anyway, the actual idea/question is: is it ok to repost/collate info into a new thread that has relevant (and therefore searchable title). I'm not sure who'd do this really. Anyone who can be bothered i guess, but i was thinking those who search for the info and found that it was a pain in the *albartroth* to find or if a thread has come to some kind of helpful conclusion, someone who was involved in it.

I hope that makes sense, i have a tendency to ramble a bit (and i can't stop using brackets!)

No, it's not ok to "re-post" anything.

If you feel strongly that a thread's title should be changed, feel free to write a petition to any of the mods explaining your reasons and the new purposed title, and a we'll consider changing the title.

No, it's not ok to "re-post" anything.

If you feel strongly that a thread's title should be changed, feel free to write a petition to any of the mods explaining your reasons and the new purposed title, and a we'll consider changing the title.

No! Comeon Shao!

Stop making everything easier!!!

:D