Can't use password recovery

Ok just been informed by Vindicare that he can't log on, access p-word recovery or access help documentation without being logged in. :unsure:

When ever something does not work he gets the error message..

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board

Not sure what is happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Pariah

That looks like it might be an IP block.

Occasionally when we get troublemakers who keep on trying to create new accounts their IP address is listed as "banned". This works really well and provides the kind of error message seen above. However, if an IP block is applied to a dynamic IP address, or his static IP has been altered to an address already blocked, he might see such a message.

My advice would be for him to try to get on again. If he gets the same "not permitted" message, get him to IMMEDIATELY visit the following web site...

http://www.whatismyipaddress.com/

On that page it will tell him "Your IP address is .....". He should tell you exactly what that address is and you can PM it to me (do not post it publicly). I can then check the database records and unlock that address.

I hope that helps and I apologize to Vindicare for any inconvenience.

Shouldn't be necessary now. This was just a case of the wrong type of IP address making the blocked list. As it was a "dynamic" IP, the result was to block a whole bunch of connections, not just one.

That address has been found and removed so everything should be back to normal now ;)