Maruzen Walther P99 TacIII

Finally, I got my own Maruzen P99 (thanks to Redhawk) with silencer (but not the box set), and I can confirm almost everything Arnie said in the review.

One thing, Arnie if you are reading this, it seems there's a typo in that table where you recorded the power and range for various gases you tested. For the Abby ultra gas, the range you recorded is half as others, but the fps is comparable to green gas. Just wondering what happen to the range when you used Abby ultra gas.

I guess there's really no need for me to write another review of it since I'll be just re-saying pretty much everything but less eloquently than Arnie has. :P

But a few points I'd like to stress again:

Yes, the silencer makes a noticable difference.

The METAL subframe inside the slide is really nice.

Nice decocking button.

The power and blowback action suck with 134a gas. Slide is impossible to lock unless you warm up the mag to near body temperature.

When stuff the magazine all the way to the top, mine completely fails to cycle the slide, and shoots the BB in the chamber like a NBB (let me know if some other factors contribute to this failure). I only put 21 BBs in the 24 rd mag nowadays.

On green gas, or a mix of green gas and 134a, the blowback action and power improve DRASTICALLY! One of my most powerful GBBs on green gas.

Barrel rattles a bit especially with the silencer on, but the accuracy is outstanding either with 134a or green gas. One of my most accurate GBBs.

One other thing that I don't think Arnie made it clear. When the trigger is at DA position, one can either shoot the gun to set it to SA position, or rack the slide AND then manually pull the trigger back half of the way. It is kind of different from Beretta that merely racking the slide of the P99 will NOT set the trigger to SA position although the first half of the trigger pull has no more resistence. And then the trigger will stay in SA position after each shot. However, when the trigger is in SA position, and you manually cycle the slide (or use the decocking button), the trigger will be reset to DA position.

Edited by Shao14
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...