Pictures of your latest acquisition V2.0

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Havoc,

What you have there is an M4 (not an M4A1). It was the forerunner to the M4A1 hence the 'A1'. Notice the differences: non detacheable carry handle, no indent in barrel plus various other minor cosmetic differences.

Edited by Tommygunn

Basically you've got:

1960's:

1. real early AR15 with Allen bolt holding upper and lower together

2. AR-15 as tested by airforce and accepted

3. M16 same gun but what the army called it

4. M16A1 (with three prong flash hider)developed because they didn't use the right powder that Stoner specified.

5. M16A1 (birdcage flash hider)

6. Car15

7. XM177

8. XM177E1

9. XM177E2

late 70's, 80's

1. M653

2. M16A2

1990's, 00

1. M733

2. M933

3. M4

4. M4A1

5. M16A3

6. M16A4

That is some of the basics and I've not even mentioned 9mm, full stock carbines etc etc.

Edited by Tommygunn
m15a26fo.th.jpg

Whats this in real terms?

M15A2 carbione = M16 shorty? Xm177e2?

It looks like a M725 "M16A2 Carbine". I'm assuming it's a 14.5 barrel and has burst, A2, & Gov't markings. From my understanding all M603 receivers (like the XM177) has a forward assist. Whatever, it looks nice.

But the M725 is the American designation for the Canadian weapon and anyway it looks like an early Classic Army so it is going to be complete fantasy anyway.

Also this gun has an M645/M16A2 upper receiver not an M603/M16A1 upper.

This gun is defintely a copy of the original M4.

Edited by Tommygunn
Nice load out Elias, if i ever get round to buying a m16 VN i'm gonna make a vietnam load out, can i ask where you sourced your stuff?

Cheers

Vicks

Cheers, most of it came from www.sofmilitary.co.uk and www.fngsupplies.co.uk, due to the rarity of a few items i had to buy repros, ie the canteen covers and boots. Also bought a repro 3rd pattern jungle suit as i wanted a new set rather than used ones. That lot didnt come cheap, but its cheaper than a modern US loadout.