Pictures of your latest acquisition V2.0

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a kitlist:

1x 56 pistol belt (used but good condition)

1x 56 suspenders (used but good condition)

2x Universal ammo pouch (used but as new really)

2x 56 canteen covers (used but fairly good condition)

2x Canteen (practically new)

1x Canteen cup (new)

1x M1911A1 holster (used but great condition)

1x M1911A1 mag pouch (used but good condition)

1x 61 butt pack (practically new)

1x M16 bayonet (used but great condition)

1x M16 bayonet sheeth (used but great condition)

1x 5.56 bandolier (used but good condition)

2x Strippers of 10 5.56 rounds (new inert)

10x .45 rounds (new inert, but not shown)

1x Original OD jungle shirt (looks unissued tbh)

1x Repro OD jungle trousers (new)

1x Pair of original jungle boots (used but ok condition)

1x Repro boonie (new)

1x Original M1 helmet with cover (used but fairly good condition)

So yeah, it's all in pretty good condition.

Snorkelman,

Very nice MG42 and a few questions for you. What maker letter code and year stamping did they use on the left rear of the receiver? Also does it have the early 'T' cocking handle or the late 'flat' handle?

You should get yourself some WW2 German non disintegrating link if the '42 is fashioned after a wartime model and not an MG42/59 onwards model.

You'll have to get one of these next:

P7130041.jpg

Edited by Tommygunn
Snorkelman,

Very nice MG42 and a few questions for you. What maker letter code and year stamping did they use on the left rear of the receiver? Also does it have the early 'T' cocking handle or the late 'flat' handle?

You should get yourself some WW2 German non disintegrating link if the '42 is fashioned after a wartime model and not an MG42/59 onwards model.

You'll have to get one of these next:

P7130041.jpg

love the tripod damn thing is heavy enough as it is though lol

the shoei is pretty much devoid of any markings it has the MG42 stamp and a three digit shoei serial number just below it but thats basically it No manufacturers mark no year mark and not a waffenampt to be seen on any of it (in comparison Im pretty sure the asahi MG34 has a decent set of markings on it) T handle cocking lever on it

gun does come with proper links but ive yet to grab some ammo to fill it Its kinda academic cos the gun can either take the belt or take the airsoft mag but not both at same time (workaround would be a custom belt with loaded links followed by a flat section that fits under the airsoft clip inside the feed tray and then has some empty links hanging out the other end)

Biggest issue is ammo capacity Even keeping it a belt fed MG42 with modified belt as above means being stuck with 250 rounds between changes, converting it to a drum with autowinding internals would get round that ..but it then starts looking more and more like an MG3 :( I really need to sit down and decide which way to jump though at mo Im leaning towards the drum..

stevie

Edited by snorkelman

It's perfectly acceptable to have a snail drum mounted on the left of the feed tray as 50 round snail drums were issued for both the MG34/42 throughout the war.

As long as your gun has the latch points on the feed tray then a war time snail drum(available from any dealer/militaria fair) is the way forward and you could easily fit an auto winding mechanism inside plus 3-5 rounds, between the drum and top cover, for realism.

p.s. That's a deact in my picture but from both our pictures the two are amazingly indistinguishable.

Edited by Tommygunn

Cheers tommy thats good to hear saves me a bit of hassle hehe (for some reason I never associated the 42 with drums just the MG34 and the post war MG42 variants)

The shoei feed tray lacks the mounts (which only helped to compound that assumption lol) but i dont see that as a major issue I can either source a real tray or knock a fresh version of the shoei one together with mounts :)

Comparing the shoei with photos of real ones it doesnt look too far out main issue is finish - its built from thick pressed aluminium sheet going by weight and feel of it rather than steel (weighs in around half the weight of the real deal) and is painted flat black rather than a proper treated steel finish

stevie

Cheers Toquikforsilver & airsoftfreak14

Private Ryan: notice that the MG42 didn't have the optic mounted and neither were the sights flipped up. Good shots them Germans.

Snorkelman,

Yeah, a new feed tray would be a good idea and there are plenty wartime pieces going spare. I don't know how up to speed you are on militaria collecting but I suggest you get a copy of Gun Mart and peruse the deact dealers in there. Also maybe a visit to the militaria fairs such as the Birmingham, Malvern and London events. They always have plenty of interesting items.

Drum mag:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WW2-GERMAN-MG34-MG-4...1QQcmdZViewItem

From Beltring...

All genuine, new, with tags and IR tabs on the shoulders.

Nearly came away with a de-ac AKM for the bedroom wall but this seemed like better value (as well as being significantly cheaper ;)).

IMGP2091.JPG

Funnily enough, I got the set from the same 'psychotic Russian dude' I got my ESSs off last year (and the same one selling 4 Point Blank IBAs with soft armour in, new with tags, in all colours). As a bonus, he threw in a little extra this year.

As we were about to walk away...

"I bet you don't have any of this?"

"Err, what's that?"

"Israeli Atropine, for nuclear, chemical or biological attack."

"Oh, right."

"Here, I throw this in for free."

"..."

Then he tucks it in to some empty PALS on my CIRAS.

The things/people you find at Beltring are amazing... :mellow:

IMGP2092.JPG

Edited by HaVoC

Below is the Pointblank Interceptor Body Armor with soft ballistic inserts (that exceeds NIJ Level IIIA 9mm protection).

It's been a long time hunting and waiting, but I finally got my elusive ballistic vest. Got it "used," but these suckers are NOT found anywhere else except if you're in the armed forces (or patiently waiting for an eBay auction).

83385274-M.jpg

More info:

Point Blank's Military version of the Interceptor™ OTV is manufactured for the sole use of the United States Military. Resale of the Military version of the Interceptor™ OTV to persons other than the United States Military is prohibited and subject to legal action.

Protection on the Battlefield & Beyond!

The lightest, most technologically advanced protective system ever issued to the Armed Forces of the United States!

Developed to exceed rigorous standards set by the U.S. Marine Corps, and subsequently adopted by the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force. The benefit of this high performance, lightweight solution means increased capability in survivability and maneuverability.

Standard Features:

- Hydration system compatible

- Compatible with MOLLE, ALICE and other load-bearing systems

- Modular configuration with removable yoke/collar, throat and groin protection allows the user to tailor the battle equipment to the specific threats

- Exceeds NIJ Level IIIA 9mm protection

- 2, 4, 16 and 64 grain fragmentation protection provided by Aramid, Fusion™ or Beast™ ballistic systems

- Compatible with riot or ballistic helmet

83060322-L.jpg

83060316-L.jpg83060298-L.jpg

83060305-M.jpg

83060339-L.jpg

23892788-L.jpg

82114703-S.jpg

Sorry about the wait while the thread was tidied. There was a helluva lot of absolute tosh in this thread which has swiftly been crushed thanks to the Spam-Hammer

Next time i'll just close the thread and make sure that the spammer responsible for getting it closed is pointed out to the rest of the members.

BACK ON TOPIC