Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took these for the themed collections thread, but I ain't gonna leave it at just that :P

a2western.jpg

b9WWII.jpg

and some for the artistic airsoft thread and others - and because everyone loves to take pictures of guns lying on piles of cash, I was starting to fell left out :P hehehe

c3GC.jpg

c5CG.jpg

c1GC.jpg

c7CG.jpg

Thanks guys, however I'm ashamed to have to tell people, again, that its not the Shoot & Scoot airsoft, but a de-act.

That would normally warrant a sad smiley face but for obvious reasons (namely; I still own that BREN gun) its not really appropriate :D

Once I have these 1911 variants I'm in the process of getting there's a Sterling and a Sten gun (both airsoft :P ) that might have to be gone & got, but I don't know...

Thing is, if you go the whole hog then there's just so much WWII stuff out there to get (Marushin M1 Carbine, Shoei MG42, Stens, BRENs Sterlings; M3A1, P38, Webley MkIV de-act, TOP MP40, that funny STG-44 etc. etc.) and its not gonna be good enough until you have got all of them up there on the wall (and then only until new stuff is released!) so I have to finish it at some point.

For a given value of `finish`, perhaps ;)

Just FYI EvilHippy, the Sterling wasn't used in WW2 and Enfield No.2 Mk1 > Webley Mk.IV :P

Anywho, I think your WW2 collection (and total collection) is substantial to say the least ;)

Edited by Guest

Already put this in the M9 thread, but it took me enough time that I'll post it here too...

Custom lambskin leather and balistic nylon grips on KJW M9 metal. Made them to match my Kenneth Cole jacket (background)...

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

That took forEVER!

Nice, but thats not an M16A2 upper reciever or pistol grip, why's that?

According to MOD data, British force use A2 lower receiver with A1 upper (with shell deflector) in the Gulf War (1991), so I made that kind of Armalite. Another reason why they didn't use A2 rear sight's that, the A2 rear sight will 'move' during rapaid firing(losing accuracy), but the A1's didn't. Got that? :D

Webley revolvers FTW :P I actually couldn't tell them apart, I was being generic about an English service revolver.

Elchinator: watch Joe Kidd; the Mauser definitely fits ;) Well, this HFC is the closest I could get anyway.

Exp: thats a mighty mission you undertook there, seriously. How the hell are those grips even attached??

According to MOD data, British force use A2 lower receiver with A1 upper (with shell deflector) in the Gulf War (1991), so I made that kind of Armalite. Another reason why they didn't use A2 rear sight's that, the A2 rear sight will 'move' during rapaid firing(losing accuracy), but the A1's didn't. Got that? :D

Some photos from my reference database to make my Armalite.

UKsoldier16203.jpg

SAS-Afgan-1.jpg

real119-small.jpg

That's the reason why I pick the AR15A2 & the L119A1 instead of the SA80s :P

I liked it. How long did they take?

About 3 hours a piece, give or take. I looked all over the internet and I couldn't find leather pistol grips, so I thought hey, might as well be the first, right?

DSC00419.jpg

I used a machine to stitch the leather to the nylon, but I had to do it by hand (as in without electricity, not literally hand-stitching). I used leather from wallets and nylon from a Buxton Palm Pilot/planner case.

It's really not complex at all, but I enjoyed making it and I like the finished product. The grips are extremely comfortable, and they work really well. Better than the origionals!

Exp: thats a mighty mission you undertook there, seriously. How the hell are those grips even attached??

It's basically a skin over top of the origional grips (attached with superglue and a bit of an interesting process, but not that complex). It makes it a bit wider of a grip (about the width of a ParaOrdinance grip) but if you like a wide grip, they're great. I know it's a cheap way of doing it, but I like the outcome. I like it more than my Hogues that I had on it before.