Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not really, since the barrels are not the same as stock tightbores, you have to machine the barrel and hopup to properly interface with one another.

Simply put you can't just straight swap them.

And that costs HOW much? $235?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Nope, the reason is that the PTW was NOT designed for skirmishers. It was aimed at LE/MIL groups for training purposes, mostly for force on force CQB stuff. As such they traded accuracy for reliability, i.e the bigger barrel makes it VERY difficult to jam.

The hopup on it isn\\\'t exactly the most consistant, it\\\'s also a 6.10mm inner barrel, so much larger than that of a Marui stock gun.

How bad is the accuracy? My AIM M4 had around a 6.10mm inner barrel (put in a systema tightbore) also, but the accuracy wasnt bad at all. The reason I ask, is because my friend had informed that all armalites werent the EXACT dimensions of a real armalite. Im very anal about that sort of thing, so I put off doing anything to my AIM M4, and save up for a Systema. I have read before that the accuracy was bad, but always assumed it would be a quick fix with a tightbore. So:

1) How bad is the accuracy of the PTW M4A1 MAX?

2) When you say machining the barrel so that it will fit with the hopup unit, do you have to do it by yourself, or are airsoft shops able to do that?

Thanks, sorry for the noob questions.

Edited by seefutguay
How bad is the accuracy? My AIM M4 had around a 6.10mm inner barrel (put in a systema tightbore) also, but the accuracy wasnt bad at all. The reason I ask, is because my friend had informed that all armalites werent the EXACT dimensions of a real armalite. Im very anal about that sort of thing, so I put off doing anything to my AIM M4, and save up for a Systema. I have read before that the accuracy was bad, but always assumed it would be a quick fix with a tightbore. So:

1) How bad is the accuracy of the PTW M4A1 MAX?

2) When you say machining the barrel so that it will fit with the hopup unit, do you have to do it by yourself, or are airsoft shops able to do that?

Thanks, sorry for the noob questions.

1) The accuracy is BAD! I have problems hitting a can @35yards with a M130 cylinder

2) Only one person that I know of makes these custom barrels, they are over $230 a piece+shipping

Cheers,

Mike

I tell all my customers about the problem with the 6.10mm barrel, but they are all happy with the accuracy. Only if you would use the PTW as a sniper you should (but don't have to) buy a special made 6.04 (or 6.03) barrel. But it is very expensive (the price of a Marui AEG). SYSTEMA knows the problem but they don't change it because you can reuse BB's (but I would not recommend it) and a PTW is for CQB Training.

airsoft_full_collection_small.jpg

More pictures: http://www.qualitypc.ch/downloads/

I have spoken and used the Systema PTW together with many active duty LE/Mil guys, and all say the same:

"they want how much for this toy?"

Instead of a professional training weapon for Military/LE personnel, it's a gucci toy for airsofters and a training weapon for people who are too incompetent to handle a real weapon.

And yet I love mine, ooh the ironing! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Mike

Here's a picture of my modest collection. Still growing....until the girlfriend notices how much money Im spending! Thank you for separate bank accounts....she will never find my stash!

(All guns listed in my sig)

100_1580.JPG

Here's a picture of my modest collection. Still growing....until the girlfriend notices how much money Im spending! Thank you for separate bank accounts....she will never find my stash!

(All guns listed in my sig)

Nice Type 89.....build a batcave so you can hide everything :D:D:D