Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, it's still virgin! It hasn't seen Led's hacksaw yet!

LOL

You know I love your work Led, but I always envision your guns like the toys in Sid's house in Toy Story, they're all horrified and in pain when you're not around!

Edited by Guest

lol.

Wow. I have a bad rep. When I told some of the boys on my team I was getting it, they said "what the hell are you going to do to that thing, chop it?"

Well, I can't really see anything that needs chopping. So for now, the para will be spared the hacksaw.

My gun's are my babies...they know I wouldn't hurt them on purpose. But the toy story ref, I could imagine all of them opening fire on me when I walked into the shop "Don't Hurt The Guns!"

It's a fiber optic thread surrounded by clear plastic, what it does is take in ambient light and it illuminates the reticle, in this case a red chevron.

However in cases of no ambient light Tritium illuminates the reticle.

EDIT: or what Magz said!

Edited by Titleist

Oh yeah since you guys love when I show off my PTWs (and thus make you say you hate me, or will slap me with a fish) I present the completely finished Gen 3 M4 'Contractor', added the Badger Ordinance Tac Latch (Gen 1) on a Rock River Arms cocking handle (yes the PTW accepts real cocking handles), and the Magpul Trigger guard.

Salivate my airsoft minions, salivate!

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Okay to answer your questions I'll make this all clear which gun I'm refering to as I'm gonna post a list for each weapon, since I have 2 PTWs. So below is a photo of both with each gun labeled so it makes sense, lol:

dsc000505jv7ln.jpg

First off, airsoft freak: Thanks for the compliment, seriously, I'm always flattered with nice comments. Anyways, my PMC 'Contractor' rifle ( Gun A ) weighs 9.5lb, according to my scale, that's without a magazine or battery, so I'd say it's easily 10lb when fully loaded. My sniper rifle ( Gun B ) weighs about 8.5lbs in its current status, which is unloaded, so I'd say it's about 9 or 9.5lb or so loaded.

donnie: Thanks dude, glad you dig it, coming from you, a guy with almost every gun, that means a lot. Now as for the twist mount, the Samson flip mount is 100x better than any twist mount. I say that because the twist mounts physically detach the 3x Aimpoint from the gun, which just screams "lose me/break me", whereas the samson is spring loaded, with the flip of a switch it kicks over to the right of the receiver instantly going from 3x to 1x, and visa versa. It's an awesome mount, especially since it's on an ARMS platform. I absolutely love it and consider it the de facto mount for the 3x.

And finally, hippie, here's the parts list for both guns, keep in mind I've still got parts coming in for the sniper rifle setup, so some may be listed that aren't installed yet:

Gun 'A' PMC Contractor (Gen 3 PTW):

-Gen 3 M4 Systema PTW

-Knights Armament RAS

-EOtech 511.A65 Holosight

-Aimpoint 3x on Samson Mount

-ARMS 40L rear sight

-Tango Down Vertical Foregrip

-YHM 5-Slot Angle Mount

-Surefire M951XM06 Weaponlight

-Surefire FM15 Red Beam Filter

-Magpul Trigger Guard

-Tango Down PR4 stock tube sling point

-Knights Armament Panels

-Proud Tactical Gear steel troy medieval muzzle break

-Badger Ordinance Tactical Latch (Gen 1)

Gun 'B' Marksman's Rifle (MAX PTW):

-'MAX' M4 Systema PTW

-Knights Armament MRE forearm

-PRI Front Flip-up Sight

-Tango Down ACB-4 Bipod

-Tango Down Vertical Foregrip

-Tango Down PR4 stock tube sling point

-Magpul Trigger Guard

-GG&G MAD rear BUIS

-Trijicon TA31F ACOG

-J-Point Reflex Sight and ACOG Tandem Mount

-Tenebrex TA57 Killflash

-Guarder Vortex Flashhider

Phew, I think that sums it up, if you have any other questions please feel free to send 'em my way.

Edited by Titleist

Titelist - thanks for the info :)

Can you share a pic of the mount in action? I take your point on the twist mount for looseability... :blink:

Also how did you find installing the Knights Arm gear? Is there clear instructions with the products - any fancy work to be done - IE can an idiot like me do the install? :D

I got a version 1 m16a2 PTW - got the feeding problem and doesnt have the same upgrade options - seeing yours sorely tempts me for a new release m4! Hmmmm....

Edited by donnie