Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: You people are just too rich... I don't think I'll ever see a Systema PTW around these parts... Beautiful mods there, too!

Anyway, maybe I'll show mine, too...

dsc00021il.jpg

dsc00036pm.jpg

I've built this thing from the ground up, starting with a body and barrel from a broken M15A2 Carbine. The barrel is convertible (rifle/carbine, the rifle extension is made of brass, screws on like a flash hider).

External mods include the obvious engraving (temporary, shallow handmade, to be remade this week with proper machinery), and a moving bolt (it's the only CA Armalite with a moving bolt I know of!). The bolt is permanently attached to the charging handle, flips the ejection port open, but needs to be moved back to forward position with the charging handle (I removed the spring to make HU adjustments easier). The fake bolt and the ejection port cover are both blued, not painted.

There... What do you guys think? :)

That is very nice. What did you use to as the "Temporary" engravings? It looks very professional.

A pencil sketch and a tiny, sharp screwdriver. It's not perfect, and the serial number is rather skewed... But it works for now :)

Really? Wow, because it looks really good for a "pencil sketch" and "sharp screwdriver" engravement. Could you elaborate more on what you did? I'm seriously considering doing this myself.

Oh my.... Thanks for all the feedback! :D

jonboy2312,

What happened to your mag catch?

A proper, metal mag catch is one of those parts I was unable to find for a reasonable price. When I finally found a CA mag catch in one of the local airsoft stores, it was ridiculously expensive for such a tiny piece of metal. So I'm having one machined by a gunsmith, for about half the price of the actual CA part (and made of steel, rather than aluminum alloy). What you see on the photo is a part from a cheapass springer :P I had to heat it up and bend it a bit to make it engage with the mag. Looks terrible, but it works for now.

Really? Wow, because it looks really good for a "pencil sketch" and "sharp screwdriver" engravement.  Could you elaborate more on what you did?  I'm seriously considering doing this myself.

LOL, it's really nothing. Okay, here's how it went: First, I sanded the receiver (it came painted in camo from the dead M15A2 carbine it previously served on), sprayed it flat black, several layers over the trademark area. Then I made a pencil sketch of the trademarks with the aid of a ruler. Finally, I just carved the trademarks carefully. I used a tiny screwdriver because it was the most comfortable tool for that task that I had, you might prefer a small knife, a sharp metal pin or anything like that. After that, obviously, I covered it all in one more layer of the same flat black paint. There :)

The engraving itself is mostly in paint, as it's just temporary, and only a small fraction of the depth goes into aluminum. That's because I intend to sand it all down again as soon as the pattern for the engraving machine is ready (they said sometime by the end of the week) :)

it's not difficult, it just requires as much patience as it requires strenght. Before you try, practice on some other piece of aluminum, though, to get the hang of it.

Edited by jonboy2312
Rob15, nice armoury the MC51 looks really nice. How do you keep all your guns so clean???

I clean them off with a bike cleaner (Fenwicks or muckoff) after every game using a cloth of some sort, that gets all the dirt right off and doesnt damage plastics or rubber :)

Whilst I quite like the rifle (which is a bit of a suprise as I'm a huge fan of AKs), I can't quite see how the red dot can be of any use that low down. Can you actually see anything through it other than the PEQ and the top of the front sight post?

You've now made me want an M4, which is bad as I have no money, and will have even less by the end of the month unless I get a new job. :(

Made it for your wife? for you to play with?  :P

:P

Actually, she plays too, a bit, and I'm hoping to get her more involved with this :)

The problem is, we've always short on funds to get another AEG for myself, I'm aiming for Cyma's new AKS-47... but I just can't help wanting to make the Diemaco perfect in every way possible, and that's where the money went <sigh> At least, the job will finally be complete by the end of the week, at last. Oh well... Domations, anyone? ^^

Until we get that second AEG, one of us simply enjoys the role of a combat photographer. We both love photography, so it's just fine :)

I love it, as soon as the trades get redone it will look perfect!

CAnada STr0ng!!1!1!!

Thanks! :) I think I'll post some pics of the finished thing, too. I'm quite surprised this conversion is being praised so much, it doesn't look that spectacular and it takes an enthusiast to actually notice what it is :)

Then egain, non-enthusiasts wouldn't even be on this forum, eh? :)

Initially, we wanted a C7A2, but after some severe wear and tear on the cables, we switched to a fixed stock. I don't want to have a battery in the foregrip ever again... <shudders> If you look closely, you can still see that C7A2 catch on the charging handle :)

Once again, thanks for your kind words.

EH! :D

Right here goes, this seems as appropriate a section as any for my first post :). So ladies and gentelmen, here's my meagre collection... Not bad if I do say so myself for someone who has never yet engaged in a skirmish!

~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x~

Steyr.jpg

This is my Tokyo Marui Steyr Aug, fitted with a 1.5-4.5x21 Bushnell Sportsman scope (my main interest is airgunning, so I had this one lying around going spare). The internals are pretty much 'out of the box' apart from the 9.6v 1500mah battery and the 330 round hi-cap magazine. I know that the RIS rail is shorter than it's supposed to be but I can't complain, it got me £20 off the price of the rifle :D.

Pistols.jpg

Then we have the pistols. A Wei ETech Hi-Capa 5.1 with the standard green gas mag, an HFC M190 Special Forces Beretta with the extended CO2 magazine, and the beast, a KWC Desert Eagle, also with the extended CO2 magazine.

As of yet none of these beauties have seen live action (I don't think shooting the £$%& out of Coke cans qualifies), but hopefully this Sunday, when I shall engage in my first ever (and probably last ;) ) bout of woodland skirmishing, they will serve me well. Wish me luck :D.

Oh and I might as well ask while I'm here; does anyone know a cheap retailer that can supply a CO2 magazine for the 5.1?

Edited by SWAT Strachan