Pictures of your weapon

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a little 2 months since I camo'd the M4. I'm finally getting the wear that I want (got it through usage in skirmishes, etc). The paint from the outer-barrel has been removed, as it has been chipping at a fast rate after the first 1.5 months. It may not be as "pretty" as when it first started 2 months ago, but it still works well, and in my opinion, looks somewhat more realistic with the wear.

standardcarbine16uu.jpg

standardcarbine25ls.jpg

sopmod17od.jpg

sopmod28xh.jpg

receiverclose9hl.jpg

sopmodangle6te.jpg

HI this is my 1st post,

below is an Illustration I sketched of my proposed design for my SR16

(which I don't actaully own yet but I will next Month :rolleyes:

Anywayz here she is (attachment).

No doubt Its gonna look PIMP.

And though I aint neva own nothin but a few springers, (exlusivly high range ones may I add) I'm pullin no stops on this baby, So here's tha list of parts im gonna slap on

:rocket: :

TM SR16 a.e.g

Hurricane Metal SR16 Body.

Hurricane One Peice Outer Barrel.

KM 6.04mm TN Barrel.

4x GnG 450 rnd Thermold Magazines.

Kingarms G27 Pistol Grip.

Kingarms Aimpoint RDS with L Mount.

VG2 Vertical Flashlight Grip.

Wolfeyes 9v 9HX Torch.

Guarder Flip Up Tactical Rear Sight.

Kingarms 3 Point Tactical Assault Sling.

Anywayz Enjoy Bluds B)

B)B)B)

post-19219-1147587807_thumb.jpg

SilentSwoft, Souske - great paintjobs... I know a bunch of locations around here where both your M4s would blend in so well you'd never find them again if dropped :D

Tell me where you skirmish, I'll be sure to sweep the area with my metal detector, nyah nyah nyah :devil:

SilentSwoft, Souske - great paintjobs... I know a bunch of locations around here where both your M4s would blend in so well you'd never find them again if dropped :D

Tell me where you skirmish, I'll be sure to sweep the area with my metal detector, nyah nyah nyah  :devil:

Ha ha, thanks. The camo worked very well in a 6 hour skirmish I was at a couple months ago.

I'll answer truthfully...

The paint is way too thin. It does not look finished yet.

As for the colour scheme, well, I personally only paint the plastics, such as the foregrip, stock, and pistol grip. I find that guns usually look best with just those parts painted. It just looks much cleaner and less "toy-like".

Guns look best when they are painted like the real steel in theatre i.e. an all over paint job.

I don't understand the point of part painting a gun especially when it gets to leaving safeties, mag releases etc etc un-painted. If anything part painting looks more toy like and certainly, for the vast majority, an invention of airsofters and civilians.

Thing is if you paint the plastic parts they get the most wear and tear from your hands so what is the point?

Look here for some good inspiration: www.militaryphotos.net

I'll answer truthfully...

The paint is way too thin.  It does not look finished yet.

As for the colour scheme, well, I personally only paint the plastics, such as the foregrip, stock, and pistol grip.  I find that guns usually look best with just those parts painted.  It just looks much cleaner and less "toy-like".

So you paint the parts that your body covers?

My M15A4 Tac Carbine, hopefully painting the foregrip, and stock and the pistol grip green this Saturday which i found coinsidental.

And i agree, if you paint those 3 parts, it makes the rifle look alot less "toy-like"

post-6977-1147814267_thumb.jpg

i had it painted fully od before, but looked a little too plain. any suggestions to add on my already base painted gun?

Add some brown and tan colors in there, they seem to match the OD really well, you havent done anything wrong to be honest, it just looks like you've started to paint your rifle and then you've stopped.

Add another coat of Olive Green and then add some tan and brown, that'll do the trick.

Also, is that the XM203? Im diggin the scope too.

Edited by Mt_05