Pictures of your weapon

Donnie here you go:

3xmaglrg0hl.jpg

That's the left side version, i.e it flops to the left, the mount I have kicks to the right of the receiver.

As for the Knights forearms, I'd say the M4 RAS was a breeze, I didn't have the handguard removal tool so it took me about three times longer than it should have, when I asked a friend to help me it dropped right in with a little help from a rubber mallet. Keep in mind the D-Rings on the PTWs are as tight as the real ones, which are WAY tight. This came with a manual by the way.

The MRE is another story, for costing almost 400 dollars it didn't come with anything resembling a manual, in fact it came in a white cardboard box wrapped in a plastic bag, LAME! This install is a little trickier as you have to remove the barrel nut from the receiver, I found that the one from systema was installed way too tight, it was seized, and in the process of removing it the receiver split apart, which required me to buy a replacement. So hehe, installation took 2-3 weeks, if you get the barrel nut off it should take 10 minutes. You install the barrel to the receiver, then the KAC FF RAS barrel nut, then with a wrench you have to allign it so the gas tube hole is centered and can pass through the barrel nut into the receiver (the gas tube is what holds it all together). Then you install the MRE and tighten the threaded collar, which brings the MRE firm against the barrel nut.

I'd say the MRE is awesome when you've got it installed, but it's a mess to get it aligned and tensioned in properly, lots of trial and error, you also have to be careful about what front sight you use. I had to use the set screw version of the PRI front sight, as the cross bolt one won't physically fit inside the RAS, add to that the holes in the MRE that allow you to put an allen wrench inside to the set screws don't line up properly, so absolutely NOT drop in.

So if you're going for the M4 or M5 RAS setups, yeah those are easy, however any rail that makes you remove the barrel nut can be a little tricky.

Anyways, sorry for that big honkin' post. Hope it helps, I hope I can tempt you into another PTW. I'm done for a while, my next one will be the MP5 from Systema (whenever that's released). Until then I may get an OTAL visible laser for the MAX.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, donnie. The standard M4 RAS is nice and drop in, but get the handguard removal tool, it's worth it to save yourself the struggle and/or a scratched D-ring.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the MP5, however I'd keep that plain jane, just a surefire forearm and I'm good.

Yes the gun is absolutely full metal where it needs to be. Yeah the mags are in fact kinda expensive, but of awesome build quality.

If you pop for a PTW let me know, there's a few people I know who can offer advice.

And STOP SLAPPING ME WITH FISH. lol, thanks for the compliments.