The Chat doesn't work atm... When I try to connect the #airsoft channel like stated in the Chat-Guide this message appears: "#airsoft unable to join channel (address is banned)"

can anybody help me?

Edited by Perch

I told them about this a month ago. The instructions are wrong.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/c...nstructions.htm

You need to connect to inferno.il.us.darkmyst.org. I think they thought I was mucking about when I mentioned it. Well I *fruitcage* wasn't; I'd reinstalled my firewall and mIRC twice before finally twigging...

Edited by doc_newstead
I told them about this a month ago. The instructions are wrong.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/c...nstructions.htm

You need to connect to inferno.il.us.darkmyst.org. I think they thought I was mucking about when I mentioned it. Well I *fruitcage* wasn't; I'd reinstalled my firewall and mIRC twice before finally twigging...

Actually no Perch was banned by Ubar for longer than he should have been, (Ubar forgot to set a timer on it or it didn't work) for being "contrary" a heinous offence which gets you a stern talking to or temporary removal from the channel.

Also its irc2.darkmyst.org (inferno.il is a server on the network located in the US the IRC/IRC2 DNS will redirect you to the lowest pinging server to you for optimum performance which might be inferno, but there are a few european servers, and inferno seems to crash a little more regularly than some) the java client should redirect on its own if it doesn't type:

/server irc2.darkmyst.org

Then if the channel doesn't pop up on its own type

/join #airsoft

After that it should be fine.

Yeah... Arnies talked about changeing the DNS to point at darkmyst and theres a few other options.

Its wrong for a little while(should only be a few more weeks/months one way or another-although I did say that in November...) untill one of the following eventualitys:

Marcus or someone sets up a dedicated box for us agian

Arnie Installs an IRC server program onto the server with the forums etc (R22 might be able to do that but its probably something he'd want arnies express permision to do- I know I wouldn't muck about with installing stuff on anyones server unless I'd been told to.)

Arnie sets the irc.arniesairsoft.co.uk DNS up to redirect to the darkmyst network (not sure if R22 can do that since its slightly different to forum admin tasks).

Arnie(or R22) changes the guide.

Judgement day.

Edited by cazboab