ICS m4 top receiver problem

SlvrDragon50

How did I find out this method? I carefuly examind the gun until I figured outthat it was the little line of metal just inside the receiver. I figured that was the best place to push to get that little piece inside the lower receiver. Its my own personal creation :P

As for it shooting slow, I do not think that is the problem. Why did you open the gun in the first place? Check to make sure that whetever you did in there is working properly. Hope things work out, and do not be afraid to ask for more stuff.

:/ Well, I upgraded my gun. When i reoponed the gun, i found my guarder piston shredded down the line... sooooo I tossed taht out along with the systema cylinder head. NOw, I have the stock cylinder head, m16vn cylinder, stock piston and piston head, stock spring guide, and sp110 spring. It seems to run stronger but is misfeeding every shot. THe trigger doesnt seem to like me as it shoots every other time. The shots are curving to the left with a distance of 30 ft.

If you really think that the problem has to do with how you close the mechbox, then make sure that when you close it none of the teeth are facing up.

But what is your problem? The M16 cylinder will not work i an M4 (silly goose!). Here is a useful little guide:

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/artic...randbarrels.htm

Get a new cylinder, and one that works for the M4. As for the misfeeding, I would suggest that you make sure the little nub on the sector gear that engages the tappet plate is in the correct position when you close the Upper Receiver. Also, make sure you did not mess up the cut-off lever when you were working on your GB. Hope that helps!

Sounds like you've got several problems going on all at once.

Is there a power upgrade somewhere in the picture?

Did you change the gearbox bushes? Did you redo the shims?

I am absolutely convinced that the reason the ICS M4 has a reputation for being "unreliable" is because it's so easy to remove the upper gearbox, fit a daft spring and then, when the gun snuffs it after 1000 shots, jump on the "ICS suxx0rz!!!" bandwagon.

I'd say this gun needs taking in to a proper techie and getting rebuilt.

Can't imagine so.

The ICS hop-up unit is very good. Much better than CA or TM.

The rumour that the "ICS hop-up is junk" is caused by more confusion.

The fact is that the ICS hop-up BUCKING is junk. It's made of a hard plastic-type material and, after a few thousand shots, it stops starts to looks a bit crushed instead of remaining tubular.

If you find that you need more and more hop to keep your shots flying straight then it's time to change the bucking.

Don't mean to have a go at you BTW. It's just that there is a vast sea of nonsense out there and it's easy to get suckered into believing parts of it. ;-)

The ICS M4 does shoot slightly slower than other guns. That's mostly cos the motor isn't terribly good.

The misfiring sounds like a problem with the trigger-disconnect which is usually a result of poor quality bushes or shimming.

The way I fixed it on my mate's:

Turn the sector gear (and all the others) so that the blank section of the sector gear is at the top. Then using a screwdriver, pull the nozzle actuator towards the back of the gun and close!

CC

Turn the sector gear (and all the others) so that the blank section of the sector gear is at the top.  Then using a screwdriver, pull the nozzle actuator towards the back of the gun and close!

Can you clarify what a "nozzle actuator" is?

If the gears are positioned correctly, so the toothless part of the sector gear is upward, then the tappet plate won't foul the cam on the sector gear.

Archived