?Setting up a Shropshire Airsoft Event?

ggrimes

It has dawned on me that I have possible access to around 60 acres of woodlands complete with some ruins of buildings. With this in mind, I am starting to investigate what it would take to host an Airsoft Event.

The obvious needs that will have to be addressed are:

1) Insurance: What insurance companies are airsoft friendly? What type of coverage is required? What coverage is best?

2) Toilet Facilities: Are a pair of portable loos enough?

3) Catering: What is most common

4) First Aid Requirements: How many first aiders?

5) How do you deal with the surrounding farmers?

6) Where do you advertise such an event?

In order to determine viability I need to get an estimate of the normal numbers to attend. If an event is held in Shropshire in an area about 10 miles south of Telford, how much interest would there be? If properly advertised could I expect 50 people, 75, 100? Any wild guesses out there?

And finally what else do I need to consider?

Cheers

Gary

well loos and food aint much of a problem and alot of people are first aiders - also a shropshire lad here mate got a whole team aswell from bishop's castle about 25 miles south of you - BC NINJAS

- FARMERS - dow hat we do buy them off with booze and the like - advertisement - right here -cheers amano

At this point I don't skirmish myself just collect and plink indoors but I do follow these forums quite a bit and there have been a number of threads regarding shropshire players who are looking for places to play.

Also I know the Cannock branch of Airsoft Armoury meet last sunday in the month at a site at the end of the M54, I think it's south of Junc 1. I'm guessing your site would be within reasonable distance for those players. I'm sure other players will be able to be a bit more informative but I hope this is of some help.

http://www.airsoftarmoury.com/

Hi,

I am a site owner with 3 sites. Main site near Llangollen, Site 2 in Shropshire & our third is in the Beacons.

We are a milsim site but with enough genuine interest we also host normal skirmish events. Website link in my sig.

Regards

IED Aisoft.

Archived