Dost thou need any donations to fund the memory upgrade?

Well, that of course would be great but don't have a mechanism in place at the moment. Besides that though, taking donations is something that Arnie would have to decide himself and as he is not on-line that much at the moment, we'll just have to wait and see.

Did we just have about 45 minutes of down time, or did no one feel like posting?

Yes we did. That was the crash I referred to in my earlier post. It was rather unusual as most downtimes tend to be limited to 5->10 minutes max.

Rest assured it has been added to the list of things to check up on ;)

Oh, and have we considered sprinkling Havoc's blood and rep points on the server? ;)

Blood - no. That would just make everything sticky, HaVoC's parents woefully happy, and the server short out - not good.

Rep points - Why don't we take a vote? He has already pledged that he wanted his rep count reset to zero not 3 feet from both myself and Arnie in a Herefordshire field in the dark. That's proof enough for me :) So go "Off Topic" with his poll-worthy rep count. A "for" and "against" zero-repping the account might be option-worthy. Results will be considered the next time I have spare time with the Admin control panel and an unholy level of boredom, but are not guaranteed to dictate rep-altering policy. ;)

HaVoC - Be afraid - be VERY afraid. :unsure:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not alone.

The other day, I got a new type of error instead of the usual too many connections.

error.jpg

Any ideas?

The interesting thing is that the site traffic monitored by Invision seems to have been sharply decreasing. Why is the site still doing worse? This site has handled more traffic better before.

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=sm5arniesairsoft&r=36

Odd thing really... I mean connecting to a database through a sock...

(j/k :P I'm a web developer of >7 years, I know more than enough about servers to bore a snail to death)

And yeah the site was unreachable for the last few hours - DNS fault? think I'll make a note of the IP incase it happens (again) :)

• 2 weeks later...
I notice that it has to look up alot of stuff, is it at all possible to have the option to view the forum without alot of the carp of it?

Such as just having the member name and nothing else?

Maybe cut some other parts as well.  I would probably use this if I thought it was helping the server run faster.

Lo-fi version, bottom of the page. I used to use it a lot when i was still on dial up, ran a lot faster :)

Edited by Rob15
  • 1 year later...