SCAMMED PLEASE HELP!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It appears this guy is trying to scam another person, most recently someone from Sacairsoft. An L96, from MI, and signs off AIM when trying to be contacted. More info when it becomes available.

That would be me. The shady guy I almost lost my AK to would be "Ed Maher" from Augusta. I talked to him on the phone (finally) on May 4th. He told me that he shipped the 96 out, but would refuse to give me a tracking #. I IM'ed him just today but he gave me some lame excuse like he is at work and busy, yet he stays on (no away message). He also asked it I still wanted to trade (did he forget he already shipped the gun out?). Anyways, I didn't loose anything, but I'd like to warn anyone thinking about purchasing a gun from "Ed" - don't do it. Not worth you time.

That would be me. The shady guy I almost lost my AK to would be "Ed Maher" from Augusta. I talked to him on the phone (finally) on May 4th. He told me that he shipped the 96 out, but would refuse to give me a tracking #. I IM'ed him just today but he gave me some lame excuse like he is at work and busy, yet he stays on (no away message). He also asked it I still wanted to trade (did he forget he already shipped the gun out?). Anyways, I didn't loose anything, but I'd like to warn anyone thinking about purchasing a gun from "Ed" - don't do it. Not worth you time.

Actually, he has a couple of fake names, and I believe Ed is one of them. When he tried to scam me his "name" was John Maher.

edit: found his address again:

304 S. Chestnut

Augusta MI 49012

See my post in the bad traders thread for more details

now again i see i must warn people about random threats online. DONT DO IT. yes i know your ###### and rightly so and thos git. but seriously threats online ar pointless.

do what you can legaly to get the situation sorted.

and yes informing otehr AS groups is a very very good idea

If you decide you want to bring in the FBI try this here:

http://www.ic3.gov

It is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). They helped me get my gun back after a similar situation. I was recomended here by ebay when I was ripped off.

They take a while. But this is why I never trade anymore, I got screwed by some guy in Virginia. I sent him my Maruzen L96 and instead of sending me the M14 he promised, he sent a totally messed up UTG MP5 and some weights. I contacted IC3 and he sent it back after they contacet him. Got so scared he almost $h!t himself :D

They take a while. But this is why I never trade anymore, I got screwed by some guy in Virginia. I sent him my Maruzen L96 and instead of sending me the M14 he promised, he sent a totally messed up UTG MP5 and some weights. I contacted IC3 and he sent it back after they contacet him. Got so scared he almost $h!t himself :D

Was the problem resolved though?

Well they did not make him give the gun back,the guy got scared and sent it, but they had done investigations and confirmed that i had a case, so they were supposed to charge him with internet fraud or something. They were about to send the police to talk to him. The point is they actually do something.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hay,

I Just want'd to know did anything happen in the end??

and also, When sending guns, use a Service like here in the UK, When sending/trading i Use CityLink, as they allow you to

Send a package. The Person Recivce and opens there, and then, Then that person gives the city link dude his package and gives u a call(city link guy) and you allow him to open it, and he tells you what it is. Or u can just allow him to open it, and he will be given before he picks it up. Info on what it is.

Stewart,

Archived