"I think people who hayt CA are Noobs!"

*lock*

Another thread:

"I think........"

*argument ensues"

"I win teh argyoomentzorz!"

*lock*

New thread:

"No!!!!11111ONEONEONE jOO didn't winzorz. I pwned joo and Ur argyooment orl rong!!!!1111"

*lock*

Good idea?

I'm pretty sure that it's possible with either this forum software, or the one Arnie is upgrading to soon. Not sure whether it would be implemented though.

At present, any user can PM a moderator and ask for a thread to be locked. That's not to say it will be, but if you have a valid reason why you need it closed, it can be done.

Yes, it could be abused if everyone had this control over their own thread, but of course moderators would have an override. Examples like the ones Sid provided would definitely be considered spam if they appeared on the forums, so the user would find themselves suspended or banned for annoying other members like that. :)

Just a thought, but why do you think this feature would be useful to you? Just wondering because you didn't mention ;)