Gun Names

elsquirrelito

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this thread would be fun to resurrect.

My P90TR name is Elisi Linette after a charactor from an anime. +1 to whomever tell me which.

My G36K's name is Drache. The German word for dragon as it is a German weapon and the G36 always reminded me of a dragon somehow...

My M1911A1 has no name right now... Thinking about one.

Vera. ;)

Haven't really named any of my guns yet because none of them since my CA36 has had enough time to develop enough personality. Although maybe that comes after the name... or maybe they just haven't told me their names.

Anyhue, I'm all for naming inanimate objects. Rifleman's Creed and all that. Just because something inanimate doesn't mean it can't have character or a personality. All machines do. Even simple tools like knives do. Handmade obviously have more than mass produced, but character also comes with age, minor imperfections at the factory, &c.

Might name my two AEGs Ebony (Type 89) and Ivory (Sand EBR). Or... maybe not. :mellow:

I call my HFC M11 "The Drill" - it originated when I posted a photo of it at a Myspace-like site with a caption "I have a cool drill, eh?". It just stuck.

The MP5 has no name yet. But if I ever buy a support weapon, I'll surely call it "Lawnmower" (of course only if "Piggy" won't suit a M60 better).

I started calling my AKS-74U the Sarajevo Rose after I wrote some nebulous existential thing that involves a woman using aforementioned rifle. For me it's a sort of affliction I get from writing fiction since I can pick and choose stylish guns... and then pay exorbitant amounts of money to buy a replica of the rifle...

I think there is kind of a bond between a fellow and his weapon. When I trained with my local swat team I noticed that a few of the guys named their M4's. One was called betty if I remember right.

I've named my VSR Jane. I don't go about naming all of my guns but a sniper's rifle is special. It's his pride and joy.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

I think that jane...for a VSR...it's just perfect, it fits well, and sounds nice.

I'm not for naming each and every gun, and giving them bad names, but, like what mitsuko said, if it comes natural, it can be a lot of fun. It's also fun if there's a story behind it, something that happened during an event maybe. I'm against naming your guns, but I am for having your guns name themselves..you see?

For all the people who say "Why would you name your gun?", or "What's the point in naming a inanimate object?". Well The reason you name your gun, is out of compassion. If you have...lets say, an m16, and you've spent countless hours working on it, upgrading it, and you bring it to every single event you go to, and it helps you get out of tight spots, and you know just how to use it, and it's always been good to you, then naming it, is just natural and feels right.

Do you see what I'm saying? Depending on how you use it, or how you think of it, an airsoft gun, can be more than an airsoft gun...

Some people say:"Well that's just a toy", and that's fine, whaatever, but they can be sooo much fun.

I don't like the people who say:

Well my M16...is shooty, because it shoots alot

My AK is baddy, because it's bad...

and my mp5 is tiny...because it's small, that's dumb, but a good nam sounds nice.

My P90TR name is Elisi Linette after a charactor from an anime. +1 to whomever tell me which.

Don't forget my offer. ;)

Nobody has tried yet.

Edit:

I have a name for my M1911A1!

Mavrik. After a horse that I took care of for a few years. The gun has a horse on it so there we go. :)

So far my MP5 has only been called "you stupid piece of ****".

Unfortunately, I can't just whip out the old use-the-serial-number-as-the-name bit, because I have an older Classic Army gun which has a generic serial.

EDIT: I seem to remember hearing somewhere that Army recruits are required to name their rifle at the end of the marksmanship phase. Is that true?

Nobody has tried yet.

Had to google her picture, but I recognize her from one of old Zoids shows that came on Toonami a while back.

Ok, so I've decided to name my P90 Henrietta (actually more like ヘンリエッタ). And my Type 89, Sakura (kind of a generic Japanese name). I got the idea for the Type 89 because there's a cherry blossom engraved on the receiver.

Well let's see, my FAL's name is Luxury Yacht but it's pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'. (+1 to whoever gets the allusion).

Seriously, I've yet to name it. I'll come up with a clever Latin name for it, so that way I can be takticool and pretentious at the same time.

My USP .45 is named "Noriko." I will give out another +1 if anyone can figure out the connection here.

I have a naming rule: I name sniper rifles and handguns after girls and assault rifles, sub-machineguns, and shotguns after boys. I tend to give feminine names to the more "refined" weapons and masculine names to the heavier weapons.

HiCapa -> Eileen, after a manga (let's say 1 rep for the reference. It's not the proper gun but the only "US inspiration" gun I own)

Samurai Edge -> Mathilda, after Leon

Hi Power -> Camille, that's because I met a lot of really nice girls named Camille, and never had been able to go out with any for lots of different reasons so that's my little revenge!

Mk23 -> Motoko, obviously after GITS

SVD -> Krasny, what else than red? plain russian name for a plain, russian gun!

G3 -> Not decided yet, even if it's one of the oldest gun I have. Maybe the fact that I've completely modified it to my tastes makes it lack of personality from my perspective?

M3 -> Eve, plain simple, yet evil. Probably my favourite gun.

If I name my guns after girls names, it's because my mates would hate me if I make them dance with guys...

More seriously, pilots name their planes/helicopters, and even my first swiss knife had a name (Virgin, I was something like 6 or 7 at the time)

I have yet to shoot my SG551-2 Police more to find a name for it, but it may have a boy's name as it's big and heavy, and noone will dance with it (people refuse to play against 5.56 guns, I wonder why)

Well let's see, my FAL's name is Luxury Yacht but it's pronounced 'Throatwobbler Mangrove'.

It`d be easier and faster to call it "Monty" or "Raymond" :D

I call my AKS74UN "My AK",for short :) .My TM AK47s is "My other AK" and my RK104 is "My HongKong AK".

I call my Type96 "My sniper".

Am I boring?

Archived