New to Airsooft, going to Hong Kong:)

Ubijza

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right then. 5pm outside Guns 'n' Guys.

This game that's got too many players, is it the only one this weekend?

And do they have rental gear?

I'd like to come take a look even if I can't play.

Went into Mong Kok again last night (I just can't help it :D;) )

My son bought a WE Hi-Capa 5.1 and I got an AK47S for my friend, plus a load of mags and some motors, gears and barrels, speedloaders, etc.

Still haven't got my Dragunov, can't find a black one anywhere and the prices vary wildly, from HK$2550 (186 quid in Guns 'n' Guys) to HK$4000+(290+ quid)

I couldn't find WGC, are they in one of the high-rise blocks? I must go there to try and return some Tanaka M700 mags of a friend of mine, he bought them on-line and they just don't fit the gun properly. They must be from a bad batch or something. It'll be handy to have a Cantonese speaker (or 3) with me. ;)

See you tomorrow evening guys, I'll be the only shaven headed western face hanging around outside G 'n' G :D

My name is John, but you can call me Doc :P

Doc out...

Doc gimme a call at 9581 4009 tomorrow at 7:15pm. And I can come dine with you. If you're not sure what to do for 2+ hours in mong kok, find something to buy!!!

Ask sirrith where supreme co is and buy everything from camelbak to blackhawk holsters buy buy buy until I come please. I'd love to eat with you.

I couldn't find WGC, are they in one of the high-rise blocks? I must go there to try and return some Tanaka M700 mags of a friend of mine, he bought them on-line and they just don't fit the gun properly. They must be from a bad batch or something. It'll be handy to have a Cantonese speaker (or 3) with me.  ;)

A bit off-topic, but I heard a rumour that WGC has stopped walk-in selling activities :( . Not sure whether it is true...

@up2wind

You're in Singapore? I heard they ban airsoft in singapore complelety.

Hi Initial-D, yes it was banned in Singapore. Sentence to Jail if got caught. =(

We could only play wargames in army. So jealous that so many pple out there could actually play this kind of military sports anywhere in their country. In Indo, it is legal to airsoft?

no, we arent gonna go to the overcrowded one :P  we'll go to another sunday game, its $250 for rentals, $150 if you bring your own stuff, but we need to sign up for it on friday (tomorrow) so bring money ;)

Hi mate, could i ask 1 qns? What do you mean by rental? Rental as in facilities/ shooting ground or guns and gear? What happen if i dont have anything for airsoft, is there any place in hk pay to rent?

Hi mate, could i ask 1 qns? What do you mean by rental? Rental as in facilities/ shooting ground or guns and gear? What happen if i dont have anything for airsoft, is there any place in hk pay to rent?

Yup, the facility can be "rented" to host a private group if you have enough players usually. The fields also have rental equipment for those without airsoft gear or who wish to use rental gear.

A bit off-topic, but I heard a rumour that WGC has stopped walk-in selling activities :( . Not sure whether it is true...

yeah... i gave them a call a while ago, they said that they wouldnt be accepting walk-ins until end of april or something like that. annoying people.

btw bronney, where you planning to eat? :P

But you can trick them by ordering something very small, like a can of silicon, or a routing rubber, then show up and say you also wanted something else it works. :P
btw bronney, where you planning to eat?
On gun street of course you have either stirfried instant noodles with fat beef at kong lok, or chiu chow fishball noodles, or boomsarms cafe hehe but boomsarms folded :(

Anyway eating doesn't really concern me I just want an excuse to meet up since I can't make the sunday game.

no, we arent gonna go to the overcrowded one :P  we'll go to another sunday game, its $250 for rentals, $150 if you bring your own stuff, but we need to sign up for it on friday (tomorrow) so bring money ;)

Excellent :D

Doc gimme a call at 9581 4009 tomorrow at 7:15pm.  And I can come dine with you.  If you're not sure what to do for 2+ hours in mong kok, find something to buy!!!

Will do mate :P

Ask sirrith where supreme co is and buy everything from camelbak to blackhawk holsters buy buy buy until I come please.  I'd love to eat with you.

Sounds like a good plan to me ;)

Oooh, could I join?

Of course mate :)

See you all tonight...

P.s. As well as the shaved head, you'll recognise me by the uncontrollable drooling :o:P

Just other few questions, whats da average effective range for AEG? And what abt sniper rifles? In metres?

Seen from video clips, these tiny bbs can fly pretty far.(But not too sure it was made for movie or it was for real. Someone Shoot" and the guy shouted "hit! Hit!")

Thanks!

Depends on the gun in question...

A standard, out-of-the-box, AEG (fps at 250-280) will have an effective (i.e. hitting a person reliably with a clear shot, not firing up into the air at the ideal trajectory for maximum distance and 'raining' down BBs on someone) range of between approx 20-25m for a short-barrel gun (e.g. MP5) to 30-35+m for the longer guns (e.g. M4/16) Upgraded guns (Tightbore barrels, stronger springs, etc will increase these distances depending how much you do/spend up to a point...

Sniper rifles...there are so many to compare. A standard Marui VSR-10 will be about on-par with a good AEG I think, and then I've had a few shots with a Maruzen APS2 upgraded to 600+ fps and it shot straight with no noticable drop off for approx 50m...couldn't see the BB after that but was still going dead level :P

Hi Initial-D, yes it was banned in Singapore. Sentence to Jail if got caught. =(

We could only play wargames in army. So jealous that so many pple out there could actually play this kind of military sports anywhere in their country. In Indo, it is legal to airsoft?

Well,it's somewhat "grayed" here, good thing is you can buy airsoft here and you can do skirmish at places (we of course have to "smooth" things up with the local official :P) the bad thing is airsoft's price and just about anything related to it is almost doubled, and that's BAD in a country where an average joe makes 1/10th of the US average income. Fortunately we can still get china product at somewhat normal price, that's why they really thrive here.

Archived