Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're boots. Boots are pretty much always private purchase.

Good. This is pretty authitic too, right? I dont mean they would use this for enter and clear stuff, but they would use these for something like a security op, right? I mean, why would they wear a balistics vest for a security op? (Oh, these guys are the real makers of UTG tac gear: Fire Dragon) I know that everything in the little 'SWAT combo' is authintic, other then the helmet being plastic and not bullet proof. ;) I dont care if this is not what they would commonly use, but would they at some point use a utility vest like this?

I see HaVoC down there: dont say a word...

Edited by 101matt1

Hmm our local SRT units are going back to just carrying their Sig P226's so they don't use much more than a bullet proof vest, dropleg holster and several mag pouches on there belts. But thats more of proof that SWAT/SRT units go with private purchases stuff b/c most local PD's have low budgets. So you could use basically whatever you're comfortable with.

That being said if you're going to get a cheap tactical combo get this. http://www.airsoft128.com/xcart/catalog/A1...ck-p-34151.html

Its much better quality than that stuff. And UTG gear is made by Leapers Tactical. http://www.leapers.com/pages/tactical%20armor/utg.htm

Not Fire Dragon or whatever you said.

If you want a cheap PASGT helmet get a real one, 50-100 bucks on ebay. Failing that get a cheapo one like they have on www.ehobbyasia.com Also I've got a spare repro one for sale if you're interested.

And why would a tacical response unit being doing Security Operations? Unless you mean like securing local officials or something of that nature in which case they most likely would be wearing a bullet proof vest.

And heres some photo evidence of a tactical unit wearing those vests too.

pict309.jpg

pict254.jpg

And I think this might be a discussion better suited for the Gear Thread not a picture thread.

Edited by poorieuser

Ok, I would REALLY rather get the one off Kapowwe, but thanks for the recommendation. :) I really wanted everything in one package, and that fits the bill, and is a lot cheaper. I play at TOPS once a week, so it wont be too much wear and tear. The Jackson SWAT is not highly funded so, I guess I should go for a JPD SWAT loadout: (make sure I got everything)

Vest/hoster/helm combo

boots (check)

gloves

BDU (both)

I think that is it. Dont think I am being ignorent when I shoot you down about the combo, I just wanted to know if that was authintic. I might just get the one you recommended and not get a helmet at all. Which one? Here are the options:

1)Get the complete SWAT set off kapowwe

2)Get the set you recommended with out a helmet

You're going for a loadout that isn't for a tactical entry situation right?

If so, Why do you need a helmet? Look at the pictures I provided. Several guys don't have any head gear and the rest are wearing just caps and boonies.

Oh yeah. So, here is my list: (after this I will quit jacking this thread, sorry.)

Boots: check

BDU (top and bottom): 45 USD

Combo: 60 USD (quick question: how is the customer service etc on that site?)

gloves: ~20 USD

(maybe) knee pads: ~20 USD

-the gloves and pads: 100 USD (~)

When I say security, I mean hostage rescue/protect V.I.P style. I might even just get the helmet off Kapowwe considering it's only 20. Then I could have a all purpose SWAT loadout, including enter and clear style. Thanks again, I've already plussed you! :D

SWAT breechers have helmets most of the time. And I watched alot of Texas SWAT a few weeks ago, most of them just had tactical vests. Same with my county tactical unit. Only highly funded cities can afford upper level armor.

I started a SWAT loadout as well:

untitledit7it7i.jpg

New vest and holster required.

Edited by Agent Hunk
SWAT breechers have helmets most of the time. And I watched alot of Texas SWAT a few weeks ago, most of them just had tactical vests. Same with my county tactical unit. Only highly funded cities can afford upper level armor.

I started a SWAT loadout as well:

New vest and holster required.

Damn nice. That is what I am going to do, except I will get a cheap-o anti-geardo helmet! :D:P;)

Can I make a suggestion Titelist? Ok, thanks. Take that extra bit on of strap that hangs down on the Safariland and fold it in under one of the leg straps and crease it tight so it doesn't protrude. I have mine like this and am yet to have it flip back out or interfere with positioning. Just a suggestion. :geek: