Pictures of your Gear

Right, here seems the best place to ask this...

I'm looking into getting a CIRAS (though they're getting more common, they seem the best way to carry the loads of stuff I want them to, and remain comfortable :))

I've already decided against the Milspex (bad quality) and the Phantom (can't get the colour I want in the size I need...), leaving, well, the Eagle ones :unsure:

Which, are *rather* expensive ($480 isn't my idea of "affordable" when it comes to airsoft kit ;)), then I stumbled across This on SKD Tactical, it's supposedly a non-releasable CIRAS... (which I fail to see how it can be a CIRAS without being "releasable", but meh :P).

Anyways, is it still possible to use a CIRAS sling with the above vest (I'm guessing not as it lacks the cummerbund?) And, how is it "don and doffed" so to speak, alike to the Maritime or Land CIRAS or something different? :huh:

:geek:

++EDIT++

Alternatively, is it possible to pick up a Land/Maritime CIRAS for less than $480? (If not, anyone want to buy a kidney? :lol:)

Edited by BoB SoiL
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Granted, it is a nice alternative, though it doesn't have the amount of real estate that I need :( (half the reason I want a CIRAS is so that I can load it up for a days gaming and not need to go back to the safezone - thus, I've pretty much planned where everything would go :rolleyes: )

I *could* hang the mag pouches off the bottom of the rig, chances are I'd knacker my legs when it comes to running with them hanging off though :lol:

In that case, back to my Q's if that's OK :)

How is it put on and taken off, is it comparable to the Land or the Maritime CIRAS or something else again?

And, is it possible to use a CIRAS sling with it? (AFAIK the CIRAS sling is linked in to the release cable?)

http://www.optactical.com/tagreboar.html

That is the TAG version of a maritime CIRAS, might suit you.

Eek, used to be 405$. Now 475$ :(

About the Eagle PC, I think it is put on in a similar way to a CIRAS but is not releasable so I doubt you woul be able to use a CIRAS sling with it but something like this should work.

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?t...id=5&prod_id=73

Edited by Para
Me wearing all my gear: Getting a G36C this Saturday, so I'll take a new pic then.

I love how nonchalant the person on the laptop is. "Hm, a man in combat gear and a gun. Maybe I should do something about th-Ohhhh! Hot girls who are totally horny! This email is almost too good to be true!"

I love how nonchalant the person on the laptop is. "Hm, a man in combat gear and a gun. Maybe I should do something about th-Ohhhh! Hot girls who are totally horny! This email is almost too good to be true!"

Hahaha, that made me laugh :D I never saw what he was doing on that laptop... Hmmmm :o

Ah OK, thanks for that :)

I think I'll take a pass, I'm after one in Olive Drab / Ranger Green, mainly as I don't plan to stick out like a sore thumb in UK woodland :lol:

Or track one down in CoyoteBrown. Khaki is like tan with a little Olive Drab (but this varies depending on lighting conditions)

-Mike

:cookiemonster:

Coyote Brown is another option :)

Half the problem is that, in my experience, UK woodland doesn't provide much opportunity to use different coloured gear apart from shades of Green and dark Browns :( Well, without sticking out that is :P

++EDIT++

So, after much poking around and such, I think I've found a happy medium, a TAG Plate Carrier, as much real estate as the CIRAS (it looks like it anyways...), and I should be able to use one of those spiffy slings that Para linked me to :) (Thanks for the link mate ^_^)

Plus it's something I can go and buy myself without waiting for someone to sell one :lol:

Edited by BoB SoiL
Some pictures I just took in my yard:

:wide-eyed: --Darth:Vader

Is it just me or is there no front sight on that MP5?

mp.net , arfcom , lf.net please stop sending airsofters there and stop abbreviating them like it sounds cool, it's not

No, by all means send all your airsofters to ar15.com... we will welcome you with open arms.... smiley_evilGrin.gif

Edited by NickN