Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ONLY reason I didnt' get my PC w/ cumberbund in Multicam was because I wanted a solid colour that would work with all my camo...including my Multicam and blue Russian camo. OMG CB looks amazing with Russian! Pictures coming soon :D

Edited by Pain_is_Red
Its not illegal but the Issued is Questionable but there is repo stuff. I would like to know where he got his issued stuff been looking for some my self.

He is 3 sites with some good stuff.

Well when I phrased it "Issued", I meant I had been issued it :D

so unfortunatly I can't give you the "holy grail" of CADPAT suppliers, unless of course you wanna move up here and sign up :rolleyes:

Here's my PMC loadout:

M4%20aim.jpg

249%20in%20the%20woods.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I still have some more planned things to come:

-Possibly a shemagh

-Knee pads

-Admin pouch

-Hydration carrier

-Misc. duty pouch

NOTE: Sorry about the trigger finger on the M4 and the chicken wing, I had a 2 second timer on the camera and didn't get the best poses.

Edited by Lt.
Consider an Admin pouch, TAG and Emdom make some good ones. If your looking for a very low profile one, the Eagle one is a solid choice. I like the TAG and EMDOM ones because they have a slot for a multi-tool, which I use frequently.

I have a blackhawk admin pouch but it takes up a lot of real estate

Edited by Milla

:mellow:

California is a right scary place, then. Where the normal laws of light and physics and bent or utterly broken. I recommend immediate deployment of nuclear weapons against California to prevent their Chaos-spawned filth from spread across the land! Exterminatus!

:mellow:

California is a right scary place, then. Where the normal laws of light and physics and bent or utterly broken. I recommend immediate deployment of nuclear weapons against California to prevent their Chaos-spawned filth from spread across the land! Exterminatus!

Excuse me! :P

Oh, and pics of my Eagle PC and various pouches up soon

-Jake

Edited by Sasquatch

This is all VDV (Vozdushno-Desantnye Voyska), or Soviet airborne gear from the Afghanistan period.

First picture:

This is a standard "Afgankha" uniform, it's also called "M88".

Worn underneath it is the "Telnyashka", a skyblue-white striped shirt which has been a tradition taken over from the Soviet Navy.

The footwear consists of so-called "Sapogi", these are basicly jackboots. During the Afghanistan period it turned out that these got easily destroyed on the rough rocky grounds, so troops prefered imported Chinese Adidas clones. Reporters were asked to make pictures which didn't show the footwear.

The headgear is a standard fieldcap or a "Panama" hat.

The webbing consists of the RD-54 LBV, which features 2 magazine pouches, 2 grenade pouches and a non-removable backpack. Worn on the belt is a 4-cell magazine pouch, AKM/Ak74 bayonet and usually also a canteen. The belt is a Rubberized canvas belt with OD buckle. At the upper left is a 1PN58 night sight, this was the sight issued in that period for specialized forces which needed, like snipers.

VDVkit1.jpg

Second picture:

This is largely the same as on the first picture but the webbing was replaced by a Chest rig. During crawling the webbing proved to be unhandy, so Chinese Chicom chest rigs were used. The Soviets eventually copied and improved these which had this vest as one of the results. It holds 6 magazines, 4 grenades and 2 flares. At the bottom another pouch can be added which holds 10 grenades for the GP-25 grenade launcher.

VDVkit2.jpg

Third picture:

Since the start of the campaign there were trials with body armour, these were usually flakjackets, without pouches. These were combined with belt kit or Chinese Chicom rigs. The model on the picture is a 6B4, which was the first model with builtin pouches. The weight of the vest is around 10kg, which isn't that bad, unless crawling where it gets quite uncomfortable. At the front there are overlapping ceramic tiles, meant to stop bullets. The rear has overlapping thin titanium plates to stop debris and shrapnel.

VDVkit3.jpg

Fourth picture:

Since Afghanistan can be quite cold, soldiers got issued winter equipment as well. This is a thick and heavy jacket but will certainly keep you warm until -30 degrees Celcius. Over this normal webbing or vests were worn, though prefered was a simple chicom chest rig or a belt with a mag pouch and bayonet without other items.

Also pictured are mittens with trigger finger seperate.

Winterkit.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm probably wrong on some bits, sorry :)