Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are pics of me deployed but, i use my issue gear for airsoft so same *beep*.

My setup for anything where I will be sitting for a while (ie. convoys), and for times when I for some reason I feel the need to wear another vest on top of my IBA.

100_1753-1.jpg

EDIT: kitlist....

DCUs

IBA with lvl 4 plates

Blackhawk Omega Vest

Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster

Issue Gas Mask

CLS Bag

8 Point DCU cover

Wiley X Saber PPEGs

Issue M4 with PAQ-4, M68-Aimpoint, RIS, Forward Hand Grip, Surefire Light

Issue M9

Issue M500 12ga

not pictured:

Kevlar with NVG mount and bracket

ESS NVG profile goggles with cover

And myetup for when I need to "Shoot, Move, and Communicate." Just the essentials, MOLLE ammo pouches attached to my IBA.

100_0171.jpg

EDIT: kitlist

DCUs

DCU boonie

CQC Serpa Holster

S&W knife and drop leg platform

IBA with lvl 4 plates

1 4x Mag Pouch

2 2x Mag Pouches

Issue M9

not pictured:

Issue M4 with PAQ-4, M68-Aimpoint, RIS, Forward Hand Grip, Surefire Light

Kevlar with NVG mount and bracket

ESS NVG profile goggles with cover

Edited by FL_Racer
Marrius,

You need to get a sewing machine!

FL_Racer,

I take it your in the US army and based in the UK(RAF Mildenhall)?

Hmmm. If that's a recent photo, I'd wager he's USAF. I'd find it strange there's still U.S. Army people with DCUs still, given how they're almost done phasing ACUs in with the active-duty, in-country people.

Ok the air force doesn't where that cap often all though I have some bodies who are air force who have. Navy does and Marines. I would bet against Air Force unless he's an airman basic because he has no stripes. Ill put my money on Navy. No digital camo makes me lean towards navy. Although sometimes navy wheres Marine digital. The only way to know for sure is if he responds.

i dont understand why people have theyre arm sticking out like that when they aim, ive found it to be alot more practical and accurate when your elbow is close to you ribs, plus thats how they teach you to aim in the military anyways.

Actually, an extreme chicken wing results in increased stability... like the using a two-point sling to increase stability, it's fallen out of favor with the military. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't work.

My favorite Soviet Afghan era gear, VDV around 1986.

DSC04447.jpg

DSC04449.jpg

To the left a blue-white telnyashka, then an afgankha uniform and a KZS oversuit.

Panama hat to the top with a afgankha field cap next to it (I like to switch between the two)

DSC04450.jpg

6B4 body armour and a MON-50 carry pouch, I use the latter as a dump pouch or to carry extra items. The MON-50 is the Soviet equivalent of the claymore.

DSC04451.jpg

Sapogi para boots.

DSC04452.jpg

The body armour folded out.

Along with this would go an Aks-74.

100_1200.jpg

All my MOLLE gear.

100_1205.jpg

100_1206.jpg

100_1207.jpg

100_1208.jpg

100_1209.jpg

I've been working nights this week so I couldn't get any pictures outside....but anyways there's some good pictures of my new gear.

Any questions/comments just ask/say.

Edited by thomasw

It's made by Condor I think. I'm not too sure. I bought it from a friend, who had gotten it from Cheaper than dirt. They no longer carry it in Tan. It's not easy to fit skinny guys, i'll be straight up on that. I had to do a bunch of mods to get it to fit right.

I REALLY like it though. I like all the places I can clip and hook stuff onto, It is going to rock for Ops. I thought I'd use my plate carrier for Ops because it has more webbing, but I've changed my mind. I recommend it. Has 6 built in mag pouches.

Its CTD's Molle Rig something like molle-136. it goes for like 30 and is actually really good. However, even on its smallest setting its still pretty big. Too large for you.

Edit; damn, a minute off. Anyways i was just wondering, How tall are you thomasw? I have the same rig (for those hotter days) and find the bib useless on its smallest setting. it sort of scrunches up. I like it better without it...

Edited by TheAverageAsian

Sure is.

The reason for the m16 hanging low is that I made the sling so I can shoulder it from both sides. It is 7'' long and I do not need to remove the rifle to shoot left handed. Great for CQC situations.

I'm 5'9'' and 120lbs. I pulled all the tabs as tight as they could go.