Pictures of your Gear

Looks good mate! Did you manage to get the straps out the 6004 ok? Just needs to look battered and well used now! Give us a shout on msn this week, and I may well have some stuff for sale for you ;)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Airsoft loader.

I got some pix of my 2nd line gear on, then chopped it up real fast. A friend made me a very awesome quick release for my light today, and also a waist strap for my pack, which is running under my vest and you cannot see.

I had to take an AP exam today, then had to work til close, and i'm just all stressed out worrying aout my online orders and whatnot..but I thought I'd get some more pictures for you guys. My 1st and 2nd line gear will be 100% complete within a few days, if CTD will quit messing up orders.

gear1.jpg

gear5.jpg

gear4.jpg

gear3.jpg

gear2.jpg

Hope you enjoy. Any questions just ask, I love talking about gear.

thomasw: its looking good, I would though get rid of pouches you don't need, move your utility pouches to the rear to balance out your load (unless you specifically need it), make sure your pouches don't get in the way of a holster (if you plan on fielding one), and make sure you can go prone comfortably.

I'd also lose the flashlight, unless you plan on reading maps in the dark.

The mags on your pack, Id be tempted to keep the top ones as they would be accesible if they had Magpulls on. However the lower ones would be fairly inaccessible. Maybe remove that and replace it for a util pouch to add extra load carrying.

Agreed about the lamp though, it just doesnt fit the era. Multicam is billed as a Future development of camoflage, so why have an outdated lamp?

The front of the rig looks like its sagging a bit, can it be tightened up?

I only weigh 120 lbs, everything is tight as can be, i had to use 550 to rig it up a bit more even. This is my loadout for a night time op, so the flashlight is a must. I will be reading maps and navigating so I'm using the blue filter. I don't hop up and down when i run so It won't be flying around.

The double mag pouches on the back will hold 2 water bottles to pour into mre heaters and drink mixes, and the top 2 will be to hold extra mags for a teammate.

I have one utility pouch in the back, then I'll keep more important stuff that I will access a lot on that front left one.

Basically I have this all set up for what works for me, and how I need it to all be for this Op; 18 hours straight. I have 2 molle dropleg panels coming in his week, and HSGI suspenders. I have a MOLLE holster and MOLLE dump pouch already, and those will be on my legs, and my loadout will be complete.

I only weigh 120 lbs, everything is tight as can be, i had to use 550 to rig it up a bit more even. This is my loadout for a night time op, so the flashlight is a must. I will be reading maps and navigating so I'm using the blue filter. I don't hop up and down when i run so It won't be flying around.

Have you thought about wearing a PACA or a replica version underneath the rig, to pad it out a bit so it fits better?

Thats a great idea, I'll remember that when it gets cold. Its just to *darn* hot now for that :-/. I'm making magpuls when my 100mph tape comes in.

Other than that, any suggestions guys? I don't really know what to expect for an 18 hour Op, that is why I am trying to fill every bit of realestate with anything I can. I think there may be a 1 hour break at night fall....but other than that my team is going to be kicking it into high gear from 12noon Saturday to 9am Sunday. Eat/sleep/rest in shifts, run night patrols for security. I may need a few red bulls in my pack ;-).

Could some people please post pictures of their gear they have used for a very long/overnight Op? That would rock.

Well just think about what you already have and what you need

Food and water are obvious ones

You should be carefull with redbull as you need food to make the effect work properly otherwise you go up and then you crash off it.

Dont overload yourself unless you know your going to need it and when

This is all coming from someone whos never done a nightgame or long op but has been doing alot of research into kit for both airsoft and hiking so if anyone disagrees please post up and correct :)

Could some people please post pictures of their gear they have used for a very long/overnight Op? That would rock.

A list of what they had with the would be good too, or maybe starting a new thread in the gear section would be better to avoid spamming this photos thread

Edited by starburst

Have you got a hydration pack rather than just redbulls / nalgenes? So much easier and better for you as you can drink constantly rather than having to wait for a lull in the fighting. Pop down to you local camping store etc and buy one. I couldn't function without mine now.

Don't bring Redbull, rather carry more water instead.

Redbull, like coffee, actually dehydrates you. You have to pretty much drink the equivalent in water or more to keep your hydration level without exercise.

For extra energy, you could bring dextrose tablets. I carry a pack of beef jerky with me as well, lightweight and full of proteins.

Isn't that the Eagle LE Armor Carrier instead of an actual ciras?

It's damn beautiful anyway, might get me one of those in the near future. I'm starting to like this multicam stuff :P

Edited by j3T
Anyone got one of those, saw them a couple of months ago and was thinking about one for my hiking rucksac as well as on gear for night games.

Yep, and I love it. I never use the funky special settings, but the red, low white and bright white settings are great. The only issue I have is that it can be easy to accidentally part-twist the bezel.

Other than that, any suggestions guys? I don't really know what to expect for an 18 hour Op, that is why I am trying to fill every bit of realestate with anything I can. I think there may be a 1 hour break at night fall....but other than that my team is going to be kicking it into high gear from 12noon Saturday to 9am Sunday. Eat/sleep/rest in shifts, run night patrols for security. I may need a few red bulls in my pack ;-).

First of all, loadout your rig with EVERYTHING you can think of that you might need. Fill up all that space, and make sure you've got EVERYTHING. Make a list.

Then take a step back. Look at what you NEED, not what you want. Look at what is duplicated and need not be. Think of things that are unneccessarily big or heavy. Strip it all down, updating the list, until you have about half of what you started with. Essentials (water, food, mags, flashlight) plus a few small comfort items - anything else is dead weight.

As for Red Bull...lose it. Cans are heavy, it's dehydrating and it's a pain. Get yourself some caffeine chewing gum (the US Issue cinnamon-flavoured stuff is now available to the public, I believe) and replace the Red Bull with extra water.

And yeah, if you can get a Camelbak, DO IT. They are worth their weight in gold, and then some.