Pictures of your Gear

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear. I don't know what I missed here, but I don't think this the time to find out...

I assume it's something to do with Team SNAFU stealing Blarney's flashbulb?

I like these olive flight suits. You see them going quite cheaply in British surplus stores, but I don't know if our versions are heavier/less tactical than the Yankee ones everyone wears. They have map pockets on, for example :P

Edited by doc_newstead
Out of interest, how much space on the MOLLE does the rolly-poly dump pouch take up? (I assume you have the medium sized one  :huh:

The medium rolypoly has 2 rows of PALS on the back, so you can use 2 MALICE clips to attach it to the rig. Most people just use 1, however. One MALICE clip secures it fine, and takes up less room on the rig (1 row).

Cheers dude - much appreciated :) (good to know, teh chest rig doesn't exactly have a lot of space to spare so anywhere I can save some space is great ;))

++EDIT++

BTW, how many MOLLE loops wide is the rolly-poly? :huh:

:geek:

Edited by BoB SoiL

*scratches head*

So, how big is it then?

I gather it can be one or two rows vertically depending on how many clips I use??

(BTW, belt isn't really an option, moving from webbing to a MOLLE vest, therefore I want to keep everything on teh harness ;))

Thanks for that... although it isn't *that* helpful as I don't have any idea how big MOLLE loops are in real terms :blush:

Can anyone confirm how many MOLLE loops (vertically and horizontally) this requires to be attached to a MOLLE platform? :huh:

Cheers :)

The RollyPoly needs two MOLLE loops to mount on, but also one loop on each side for the pouch to "expand". It will work with only two, but I suggest you find 4.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:â„¢

Aah, I see...

So, either one or two MOLLE loop vertically (depending on how many I choose to mount it on), and mounts on two MOLLE loops wide, I see... (as I'll be mounting it on the very outside of my rig, I figure I can get away with using 3 MOLLE loops (as teh other side of the 'expansion' will be thin air :P)

Cheers guys, much appreciated :)

4 wide?  :blink:  Ouch... That's a quarter or me width :( (rig is only 16 wide, oh well...)

The RollyPoly needs two MOLLE loops to mount on, but also one loop on each side for the pouch to "expand". It will work with only two, but I suggest you find 4.

Yep, it's 2 wide, and maybe 3 deep. When expanded it grows about another one loop each side, and a metric buttload downwards (don't put it arove mag pouches and still expect to be able to access them properly with it deployed).

Hmm, funny I remember that you wernt good enough for SNAFU  :rolleyes:

Don't goad him, mate. If he wants to make childish remarks, let him - don't lower yourself to his level.

Thanks for the comments all!  :o  I saw a guy on Militaryphotos.net Airsoft section on the forums with the same suit, just tan, so off to Ebay I went! Found 2 pairs for me and my bro  :P Next time I have full gear on I'll have to get a pic!

Are yours genuine, with nomex and such, or replica?

I have a surplus(genuine nomex) tan flight suit I picked up to use in welding class instead of leathers. It is nice and comfy, and toasty when it gets cold, and even more so in hot weather. I quite like the prolific amount of pockets and adjustments and such, and the bes tpart is that its all in one piece, go its easy to manage. I dont have a kit to go with it, but I will. To tell the truth, I dont have any kit of any kind...or an AEG even...curse you impaired monetary status! <_<

-Jake

Are yours genuine, with nomex and such, or replica?

I have a surplus(genuine nomex)  tan flight suit I picked up to use in welding class instead of leathers.  It is nice and comfy, and toasty when it gets cold, and even more so in hot weather.  I quite like the prolific amount of pockets and adjustments and such, and the bes tpart is that its all in one piece, go its easy to manage.  I dont have a kit to go with it, but I will.  To tell the truth, I dont have any kit of any kind...or an AEG even...curse you impaired monetary status! <_<

-Jake

It's real deal Army surplus, about the Nomex I am not sure, the sewed on tag inside it says, " 100% Aramid" ..... "Low-Flammability" and it's koo they also have little pen pockets on the arms :P

It's real deal Army surplus, about the Nomex I am not sure, the sewed on tag inside it says, " 100% Aramid" ..... "Low-Flammability" and it's koo they also have little pen pockets on the arms  :P

Yeah, so they are probably something akin to nomex. I think mine is Airforce surplus, because the pilots have to wear all the fire-proof jazz, but im not sure.

Yes! The pen pockets are sweet! I use them to hold pliers in shop class :D .

-Jake